Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

TM Engineering (CAUTION BEWARE!!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-05, 12:02 PM
inovashn
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts
Default TM Engineering (CAUTION BEWARE!!!!)

They have the worst customer service. I ordered some bushing kits from these guys and didn't need one of the kits. I sent it back and the refunded my credit card for the cheaper kit. It was $100 cheaper. So i call and ask them to refund the rest, and Todd says "I'll have to contact some credit refund something". I said ok for then and please call me back, and left my number. Since then I've called to check back up on it like 4 times. 3 times I leave a call back number and name and don't receive a call. Now the 4th time I keep calling there is no answer period except their answering machine in which i left the same number and call back info. This has been going on for over 2 months now. the left over amount is sitting on my credit card just gaining intrest. CAUTION to whoever wants to deal with these guys. F*&^ing shady business if you ask me. Maybe they are on vacation.

not to mention I had to pay for the shipping back and the countless long distance phone calls I've had to make over and over.

Last edited by inovashn; 08-31-05 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-31-05, 12:15 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Todd (DoubleWhoosh) is stand-up member of CL. He runs a business, so no doubt he's busy. I'm sure he's not out out to screw you over, he's proably just got a lot on his plate -- keep in mind that not every interaction can be 100% perfect -- it's a human being on the other end of the deal as well.

(If you're calling from NC, I hope you're keeping the timezones in mind and not trying to reach him at 9:00 AM EST.)

Regardless of what your dispute is, I think this belongs in a different section.
Old 08-31-05, 01:15 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SupraCoup3
Todd (DoubleWhoosh) is stand-up member of CL. He runs a business, so no doubt he's busy. I'm sure he's not out out to screw you over, he's proably just got a lot on his plate -- keep in mind that not every interaction can be 100% perfect -- it's a human being on the other end of the deal as well.

(If you're calling from NC, I hope you're keeping the timezones in mind and not trying to reach him at 9:00 AM EST.)

Regardless of what your dispute is, I think this belongs in a different section.
werd.

Todd isn't going to rip you off. He's extremely busy, and at times he's never in the shop. You should wait for him to call you back before you post up bad stuff about him.
Old 08-31-05, 02:03 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope all goes well, for what it is worth I have referred clients of mine to TM for ancillary items (coils, lugs, etc) and they have had nothing but good reports.
Old 08-31-05, 02:26 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

I don't blame you for feeling like that . I would feel the same if it were me. Unfortunately I think someone dropped the ball on this 1 from what it looks like? I just know that i was in a bind a couple months ago and needed bushings asap. Well i ended up ordering from TM at 10:30PM and the buushings got to my house at 11AM the next day. So i felt like i was taken care of . ....Hopefully it works out for you -Good luck
Old 08-31-05, 04:06 PM
inovashn
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm well aware of the time zones. thanks for your concern. Taken care of (2 months). I guess it will end up like a mail in rebate. one day you go to the mail box and whala money. hopefully i'll get it before I croke. I'm not blaming Todd, but when you leave someone a message to get back with you 3 times and hear nothing at all, not i'm working on it or this or that. I'm sorry until I get the full refund or hear back from tmengineering I won't think otherwise. If they finally settle and maybe appologize, i'll be more than happy to delete the post.
Old 08-31-05, 05:28 PM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

2 months though? Come on now.....

He deserves an explanation...and a good one.
Old 08-31-05, 08:54 PM
advan7
Pole Position

You should submit a dispute with your credit card company who will contact TM, and everything will get worked faster.
Old 09-01-05, 01:52 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by inovashn
I'm not blaming Todd...
You're not?

Bro, I'd give it one more week...if you don't hear anything go through your CC company. I understand that things in business happen, but if you feel that you are owed $100 then pursue it

As for me, I've had a couple of good experiences with Todd, but I deal with him face to face, not over the phone or via mail.
Old 09-02-05, 12:18 AM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

I've just purchased some stoptechs off Todd with no problems. It may take him a few days to get back to you but he always does.