Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

new members are killing my CL experience!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-05, 02:19 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Dave...and you too Neo. As usual your responses and timing were right on point.

I only wish people didn't read the first post and then decide that that's where the mood of the thread lies NOW....5 pages later.

We are now discussing possible solutions in case anyone missed that. I, for one, have moved past placing blame and being frustrated.

PS-Perry, you are one funny dude (And you too Jonny/TLW). PM me sometime, we haven't talked in ages.
Old 10-23-05, 01:28 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,257 Likes on 998 Posts

I would like to chime in on this thread with a few comments if I may with each persons opinnion being respected if not rude or name calling or disrespectful.

1. " Do a search " ok this is posted quite often. I searched when I saw this the last 3 times in others post and for many reason i never saw the answer to the persons question or there were 400 + threads returned. After looking thru 100 or so still no answer.
My point = posting do a search with comments like someone is a idiot is rude.

2. I see many occasions where someone starts name calling or basically states that anyone else with a different opinion is a idiot and name calling starts. Seems Mods Tag the last person. Kinda like you keep getting hit without hitting back and then after so many hit you have enought defend yourself and you get tags by the mod.

3. People with 11,000 + post telling people to "shut up", calling people Newbie, saying someone with less time should bow down to someone with more post is crazy to me. I had Lexus from 1991, I mean owned in 1991. Had 5 of them. Who's the Newbie to Lexus ?

If I may say Do A Search for the word "Fourm" in Websters.

I am a member of many other fourms car, Enginerring, electronics and others. In many of them Grown Men and Women have debates and sometimes heated discussions that go on and on. Difference is, they stay to what they think are facts. No childess name calling, no question of how many post one has, and the Mods don't close open discussion that is still open.

Thanks for allowing me to to post my opinion and fact in the Fourm !

PS Everyone started out with the same # post right POST # 1, your 1st post. Wish I could look at some of the 1st few post some people who are so Frustrated with the new members and they should stop slinging mud. Bet their's were way worst than what they are complating about

Last edited by jgscott; 10-23-05 at 01:54 AM.
Old 10-23-05, 01:47 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
What the hell is up with all the damn repetitive questions being posted on the forum nowadays???? It's like we've been invaded by people who don't understand that most topics on discontinued models of vehicles have been covered a zillion times already!!! They refuse to search but will post a simple repetitive question in a new thread in a heartbeat. It's sheer laziness and it's starting to seriously bother me. I know I'm not alone. Why isn't there a rule in place that says new members can't start threads for their first 2 weeks of membership? This isn't to bash new members but moreso to vent my frustrations over their utter lack of understanding. Look in the SC300/400 section and see how many threads are started by people who are new with less than 10 total posts, look at the questions they're asking...please people...how can we stop this trend?

I like this forum but the newer members are forcing me to avoid this site from time to time unfortunately. They're disrespectful to longer tenured members, refuse to search for their answers, and would rather make a thread asking, "do Supra wheels fit on an SC?" and "Hey, I'm thinking about swapping in a GTE engine, anyone here done that?" instead of simple searching and reading

What the heck can we do about this? Seriously...I'm about to throw my damn computer out the window if I see one more silly repetitive basic question
Really
Old 10-23-05, 01:54 AM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those who have trouble searching when you end up with 500+ results, there is a really handy feature built into most, if not all web browsers. This is the "Find" function accessed by hitting ctrl -f.

So when I do a search, this is what I do:
1) Use the search function located here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/search.php
I almost always use the Advanced search function.
2) I type in my search phrase.
3) Specify the forum I want to search which is usually the sc400/300 forum.
4) Since I can read semi-fast, I skim all the titles or look for one of the threads that has the most replies.
5) When I click on a thread, my search phrase is usually highlighted in red, but rarely do I have the patience to actually read through the thread.
6) Instead, I hit ctrl-f and let the browser find every instance of whatever word I am looking for.
*7) This step won't work for most new members, but I usually prefer threads by respectable members (Vssc400, Hermosa, Lex Luthor, etc).

And for those who want to get more advanced, do a search on Google for boolean searching. The functions &, ", and | help alot too.

Hope that helps and happy searching.
Old 10-23-05, 02:01 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by verylost
For those who have trouble searching when you end up with 500+ results, there is a really handy feature built into most, if not all web browsers. This is the "Find" function accessed by hitting ctrl -f.

So when I do a search, this is what I do:
1) Use the search function located here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/search.php?s=
I almost always use the Advanced search function.
2) I type in my search phrase.
3) Specify the forum I want to search which is usually the sc400/300 forum.
4) Since I can read semi-fast, I skim all the titles or look for one of the threads that has the most replies.
5) When I click on a thread, my search phrase is usually highlighted in red, but rarely do I have the patience to actually read through the thread.
6) Instead, I hit ctrl-f and let the browser find every instance of whatever word I am looking for.
*7) This step won't work for most new members, but I usually prefer threads by respectable members (Vssc400, Hermosa, Lex Luthor, etc).

And for those who want to get more advanced, do a search on Google for boolean searching. The functions &, ", and | help alot too.

Hope that helps and happy searching.
Maybe you missed my point. You can do this and you can do that and 7 steps you mentioned but... You tell someone who " ask how do you clear the taillights on a pre 97 SC. " Do A Search " "clear tail lights" So try your idea and tell me what you get.
Old 10-23-05, 02:10 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

EVERYBODY please read the whole thread and comprehend the final ruling. This is a dead issue and now it's being bumped and repeated for strife.