Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

new members are killing my CL experience!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-05, 03:32 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey mike, dont you forget about me. i have to agree with you and brian to an extent. i still say that the dissrespect and ignorance is more overwhelming than the retorical questions. im farmiliar with most of the guys in the SC section, and we all joke a bit.... as im sure you guys have seen...(see OLT's sig. ). its just that when new members lash out at the veterans, it drives me insane. it hasent happened in a few weeks... remember that ozzi something guy? he was posting about the 1JZ, and was totaly incorrect with what he was posting. we all tried to correct him and make him realize that his info was innacurate, but he got ignorant. its those kinda things that get to me. other than that, i feel like a role model to the noobs . well, except for the whole stock SC thing.
Old 09-01-05, 05:40 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

nothings going to happen, this can only get worse.
Old 09-02-05, 12:53 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
Brian, maybe you and I are the only ones from the SC forum participating in this discusison who know this to be true. GS forum dwellers don't have to deal with this, so I don't expect them to completely understand.
I'm a 1993 SC400 owner myself But you see, that is why I hardlty post on the SC forums. If I can contribute someting I do, but if not I just skip over it It doesn't bother me though. As yo ucan see from my posts count I practice what I preach. I've been here since 2002 and only have 1000 posts. I still can't see why newbie posts from people that want to learn bother you more than all the other immature posts that get posted up on this forum. Anyway, you are entitled to your opinion. I just may have a higher tolorence than you do for certain types of topics.
Old 09-02-05, 04:17 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

GS forum dwellers don't have to deal with this, so I don't expect them to completely understand.
Welll I guess this is specifically directed at me... I read ALL the forums BTW and the same problem appears in the GS forum just as much as the SC forum. Believe me. I think we simply have a more active base of members answering the questions. Many of the OGs simply don't respond to the repetitive.
Old 09-06-05, 09:58 AM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

Having 3-4 members reply with "use the search button" is more annoying than new members asking easily researchable questions.
If that's the only reply people can give than they shouldn't post.
Unless you want to include some links than you should just ignore it. They'll figure out a way to find what they're looking for.
Old 09-06-05, 11:17 PM
SC400DAVE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This forum tends to have a lot of abrasive members. The Aussies have a much better site for SC fans in my opinion. You can learn what you need to without all the BS from ignorant posters. There is not all the attacking and crap that goes on here too. I for one have not visited this site very much lately because of all the BS. Who needs it, when there is a wealth of info out there This site and forum are very prejudiced.
Old 09-07-05, 04:22 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SC400DAVE
This site and forum are very prejudiced.
examples??

i dont think its fair to say "this site" if you only post in the SC forum

how were you treated badly by a member or a mod
Old 09-07-05, 04:29 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TLW
examples??

i dont think its fair to say "this site" if you only post in the SC forum

how were you treated badly by a member or a mod
this might help.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=172590
Old 09-07-05, 04:54 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

There is not all the attacking and crap that goes on here too. I for one have not visited this site very much lately because of all the BS. Who needs it, when there is a wealth of info out there This site and forum are very prejudiced.
The heck? There is already a wealth of info on CL. You guys just arent accessing whats already given and talked about for you. Simple search is all you need. Dont hate the game because you cannot play it man.
Old 09-07-05, 05:42 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AutoCoutureSC

Damn 9 pages about window visors

Old 09-08-05, 11:00 PM
SC400DAVE
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AutoCoutureSC
You give yourself too much credit there autocouture boy
Old 09-08-05, 11:01 PM
SC400DAVE
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
The heck? There is already a wealth of info on CL. You guys just arent accessing whats already given and talked about for you. Simple search is all you need. Dont hate the game because you cannot play it man.
No hate, just fact
Old 09-09-05, 11:08 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Welll I guess this is specifically directed at me... I read ALL the forums BTW and the same problem appears in the GS forum just as much as the SC forum. Believe me. I think we simply have a more active base of members answering the questions. Many of the OGs simply don't respond to the repetitive.
No Dave, it wasn't specifically directed at you. You know me, I would have said "I don't expect you to completely agree with me Dave"...I don't beat around the bush, and I don't attack people out of the blue. I meant people who typically browse and post in the GS forum can't be expected to completely understand my points because they aren't dealing with what I'm seeing in the SC forum. The bottom line is it's kids and people with little respect who are coming to the SC forum and it's beginning to get out of hand, simple as that.

My time on this forum has been significantly trimmed anyway, because I see few constructive or even imaginative threads being started or contributed to...only new members giving misinformation and acting disrespectful. The repetitive questions I can somewhat understand and deal with, the bigger issue is when 2 new members get to posting in a thread, giving misinformation, and then lashing out at older members who post trying to give correct information. At this point it doesn't matter anyway, CL for me is an informational archive and I plan to keep that at the forefront of my mind...the people who I care about and interact with know who they are. The rest can continue as they were.
Old 09-09-05, 11:34 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Dave, you're contributing to the 'abrasive' problem. Knock it off please... or just stay with the Aussies. I read through all of your posts and I agree you've been treated badly, but in fact one of the members who did that received a formal warning about his behavior on the forums about the same time (not related to your posts). There are always a couple of bad apples, give the rest a chance.

No Dave, it wasn't specifically directed at you. You know me, I would have said "I don't expect you to completely agree with me Dave"...I don't beat around the bush, and I don't attack people out of the blue. I meant people who typically browse and post in the GS forum can't be expected to completely understand my points because they aren't dealing with what I'm seeing in the SC forum. The bottom line is it's kids and people with little respect who are coming to the SC forum and it's beginning to get out of hand, simple as that.

My time on this forum has been significantly trimmed anyway, because I see few constructive or even imaginative threads being started or contributed to...only new members giving misinformation and acting disrespectful. The repetitive questions I can somewhat understand and deal with, the bigger issue is when 2 new members get to posting in a thread, giving misinformation, and then lashing out at older members who post trying to give correct information. At this point it doesn't matter anyway, CL for me is an informational archive and I plan to keep that at the forefront of my mind...the people who I care about and interact with know who they are. The rest can continue as they were.
That's cool Mike. I would also challenge you and the other senior members to come up with one or two constructive or imaginative threads to start yourself! (Not to pick on you... just an example) The last thread you started in the SC forum was in early June. I have the same thing happen to me and every now and then realize I need to initiate some of the conversation that makes our forums stay interesting.
Old 09-09-05, 12:52 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

What are you talking about? and it's AutoCoutureSC. I don't know where you got "boy" from. Let's stay on topic please.

Quick Reply: new members are killing my CL experience!!!