Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Upcoming changes to forum lineup

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-05, 11:22 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,292 Posts
Default Upcoming changes to forum lineup

The following forum changes will be made in the near future. The changes described are for the GS forum, but similar updates will be made for LS, IS and RX models that have a similar structure issue.

------------------------

With the advent of the third generation GS and a lot of activity in thaf forum, we in the CL back office have been thinking about making the main GS forum an 'empty' forum with first, second and third gen subforums under it. Everything in the current 'main' GS forum will be in the 2nd gen GS subforum.

After the change, if you clicked on GS models from the main forum, it would just list the sub forums similar to these https://www.clublexus.com/forums/regional-clublexus-forums-16/

All three of the sub forums (for each generation) would be listed on the main forum page a subforums you could click directly on. Once you get into the forum, it would look as it does today, but you wouldn't have the first and third genaration GS sub forums. If the 2GS forum is the only (or primary) forum you read, you can bookmark it directly as well to save clicks.

For LS models, there will be LS400 and LS430 sub forums at the same level off the main page rather than the current LS430 sub-forum (a child to the LS400 forum). Same thing for the RX and IS models.

The pros: much easier for new members to know where to go, more conceptual and easier to understand. Will unclutter the main page with fewer subforums listed in some areas.

The cons: Could be an extra click for you if you don't select the subforum you want directly from the main page (at least until you get used to it or bookmark the forum)

Please give us any feedback before we make the forum updates in this thread.
Old 05-23-05, 11:35 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds good to me. Much better organized this way. Thanks.
Old 05-23-05, 01:31 PM
davidle
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I second that. Sounds good to me too.
Old 05-23-05, 01:59 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by davidle
I second that. Sounds good to me too.