Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Carson Feedback Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-05, 08:22 PM
MafiaJoey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carson Feedback Thread

steve and his crew are very overated not only did my part take more than 6 months to get when they promised 6 weeks it also didn't fit it was a body kit that was too small not even modifications could help this piece of crap. l-tunedparts.com is overated! They never even called me throughout the 6months to clue me in. I called everyweek and they kept saying 2 days 2 days. 6 weeks and 6 months is a joke. now they won't even take back my damn kit that wont fit.
Old 01-13-05, 08:27 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man this is the second post this week

whats going on over there

what kit by the way

you may find your answer here

LXOGOOD post
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...3&page=1&pp=15

Last edited by T.L.W.; 01-13-05 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-13-05, 08:30 PM
SCgs400
Driver School Candidate

yes carson toyotas service has been real lacking...and to tell you the truth...the guys they have working in the parts dept...dont really know all the parts they have or are offering for sale...i had to school couple of the guys there with the parts im looking for...hopefully they get a knowledgeable person for that department real soon
Old 01-13-05, 08:32 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

seems to be coming from a bunch of green horns...

Oh, and BTW... its CARSON Toyota, not carLson Toyota... if you are going to bash something good, make sure you get it right.
Old 01-13-05, 08:33 PM
GS4DOUGIE
Lead Lap

Pretty harsh critique from MJ. HMMMM. Has me wonderin too TLW-

Doug

PS-Hey Joey, it's Carson BTW
Old 01-13-05, 08:33 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I heard a lot of good things about carson myself, but I hope this forum doesn’t become the only reason they make sure your satisfied.
Old 01-13-05, 08:36 PM
GS4DOUGIE
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Stage3

Oh, and BTW... its CARSON Toyota, not carLson Toyota... if you are going to bash something good, make sure you get it right.

I am with you Stage3. These guys seem to be a little "new" to be spewing so much venom.

Doug
Old 01-13-05, 08:37 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MafiaJoey
it also didn't fit it was a body kit that was too small not even modifications could help this piece of crap. ... now they won't even take back my damn kit that wont fit.
What kit did you buy? If it is a purely JDM kit, there maybe issues since they may not have built in room for the 5mph crush bar of the US cars. Was it that or other things don't fit? Has anyone else been able to fit this kit or is it one of those 1st in US?
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stage3

ahh greenhorns or not

6 months wait when your told 6 weeks wouldnt anger you

cant really blame Carson for the kit not fitting i guess

but you can blame them for lack of communication and poor service
SCgs400
Driver School Candidate

hahaha hopefully...youre not calling me a greenhorn...cause im far from that...just cause i barely registered on this forum doesnt mean im a rookie
Old 01-13-05, 08:39 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

dont flame me for my .02 but steve and the crew have always bent over backwards to help and correct anything that was not right .. i am sorry to hear about your ordeal but over the years steve has made things happen for just about all of us from the old school . hey no ones perfect things happen but hes always willing to make good

word of advice , why not make this private instead of dragging himthrough the mud

again no flaming on me req i just like to call it as i see it
Old 01-13-05, 08:42 PM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

whats going on here? i just placed my second order last week for 4 new brake rotors that im getting 2mrrw. and on my 1st order my dsr roof spoiler was broken when i recieved it and i called them and they sent me a new one that day. sorry to hear about your luck with carson.
Old 01-13-05, 08:46 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't mind it if someone has something negative to say about a CL vendor. That is what we often come here to find out about things like this. Keeping things private could keep a lot of customers in the dark. Let people make up their own minds good or bad about the vendor. I've been wanting to buy a body kit from L-Tuned website for a while now but if I have to spend over $300 just to have it shipped to me it better be delivered on time and it better fit. If it is a JDM kit that may not fit the US spec car they should state so on the webpage. Before I plop down $2500 +$300+ shipping for a kit I want to know everyones experience with the company both good and bad especially fitment and shiping details. If you keep these things private where am I to go to find out these things?
Old 01-13-05, 09:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
I don't mind it if someone has something negative to say about a CL vendor. That is what we often come here to find out about things like this. Keeping things private could keep a lot of customers in the dark. Let people make up their own minds good or bad about the vendor. I've been wanting to buy a body kit from L-Tuned website for a while now but if I have to spend over $300 just to have it shipped to me it better be delivered on time and it better fit. If it is a JDM kit that may not fit the US spec car they should state so on the webpage. Before I plop down $2500 +$300+ shipping for a kit I want to know everyones experience with the company both good and bad especially fitment and shiping details. If you keep these things private where am I to go to find out these things?
i agree, anything positive and negative we want to hear. carson has been here for a long time, if they are not good for some reasons they won't get this status. but if there is anything they need to improve or so then they should be heard.

and i will agree a lot here that i don't care if it's jdm or what not, to me an eta is as good as contract. don't say 6 weeks when you don't even know when it's coming in, to me that's lie. and being a vendor, if you say 6 weeks and can't deliver by then, i don't care what your reasoning is, you missed it.

i am just trying to be objective here
Old 01-13-05, 09:19 PM
HD-GS4
Pole Position

For the most part, they have done a great job over the years for me. Yes, there have been times where they have not. I think you can chalk that up to the fact that at times they tend to have too many guys that don't speak English as their first language. I've never understood why an employer would hire such a person, where they are required to essentially "speak" on the phone 8 hours a day. It's like hiring a personal fitness trainer with a 52" waist.

Quick Reply: Carson Feedback Thread