Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Carson Feedback Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-05, 12:56 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

i too couldnt agree more with jeffs statement however there is a flipside to the equation.. steve has been one of the original vendors on this forum back when the gs was now into the arena for modding.. he has brought us deals and hard to find parts . carson is on many other forums as well and with his staffing it does get hairy with making contact with people in a timely fashion sometimes.. i have spent in exacess of 12k with steve over the years and have had same issues with the setup but what always put my mind at ease is that we know he will always do the right thing regardless of cost for thats who he is .. dont get me wrong here for i am not trying to defend what happened with the guys body stuff but all in all steve has always delivered one way or another , even after all the money i have spent with him , i am never spoken with him personally always gordon or bobby but if i emailed him today i know within 48hrs exculding weekends he would hit me back with a answer, now that may not be fast enough for some but for me i understand the volume of business he does and the amount of calls and emails he has to rtn..

just my opinion on a great vendor
Old 01-14-05, 01:05 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are we sure Steve really exists then

maybe he' s like the Wizard of Oz
Old 01-14-05, 01:31 PM
LexFather

HAs the origianl poster even come back? I thing I do see on many forums, people venting (mostly newbs) about bad service/etc and never coming back to the post they started.

Old 01-14-05, 01:34 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed
That's what LXOGOOD explained in his post regarding this. Steve is trying to fill the position.

I am not by any means saying that this "bad customer service" demonstrated by Carson Toyota is good. Just trying to point out that his track record is the opposite, so we should give him the benefit of the doubt.

completely agree with you. All my transactions with carson was nothing less than awesome.

my response was to

"returning phone calls isnt on top prioirty because when you have 75 phone calls to return you just simply dont have time. .. just cll back it aint htat hard.. "
Old 01-14-05, 01:54 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
HAs the origianl poster even come back? I thing I do see on many forums, people venting (mostly newbs) about bad service/etc and never coming back to the post they started.
Might have gotten lost
Old 01-14-05, 02:09 PM
Philly#1 Lex
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Yeah Carson does me good and Im all the way in Italy. I have spoken to steve and gorden before! They get me my stuff in a timely fashion, and they are good guys. Sorry aout whats happening to you. of the 10 transactions Ive had with carson maybe one was a little bit late and thats cause the items where on back order.
Old 01-14-05, 02:10 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by VSsc400
completely agree with you. All my transactions with carson was nothing less than awesome.

my response was to

"returning phone calls isnt on top prioirty because when you have 75 phone calls to return you just simply dont have time. .. just cll back it aint htat hard.. "

between your statement and hameeds this is exactly how i feel that once a vendor has earned my confidence , then i can appreciate when he can get back to me and have no problem waiting for if i need a answer immed bobby and gordon were always avail to me

what made me feel special is that whenever i did call they knew my voice and i never had to provide cc pay or addy or anything in fact those who i ordered for on my behalf had the same exp with steve

i still give carson hes always been there for me
Old 01-14-05, 03:10 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It would be nice to know what kit he did order. I know this does not address the 6 months and lack of returned calls. It might be kit that is known for quality issues, maybe a well made kit but rare mess up or maybe a kit that many members have and there is a simple solution to fitting it.
Justt my $.02
Old 01-14-05, 03:30 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexdr
JP? Junction Produce? Something happened with them?
oh god , please read up before u make any move with him. please read up!

as far as Carson. i have called a bunch of times through the years had noone seems to know much but steve, but the reps have always called me back with the info i needed. very nice people. i had an issue about a year ago with my roof spoiler. and steve jumped in, painted it for free and overnighted it to make up for the mess up by his guys. great service by him, not becuase he did some extra for me but because he took over the situation and made it right. on the other hand people are allowed to make complaints public if not taken care right away. newbie or not...i hope this gets resolved, with steve i know it will, with the other vendor only god knows what going to happen with that
Old 01-14-05, 07:52 PM
OGS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope this works for out for you man. I have done some business with Steve and I can't say anything bad about him! He is a man of his word!

and I will have to agree that some times sales people just don't know what they are talking about. I manage a team of 5 in house sales reps and 42 reps in the field. Some of these people have worked for his company for 3-5 yrs and they still have NO CLUE about products, etc.
Old 01-14-05, 08:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
well i don't think it should matter though. if he doesn't frequent the forum doesn't mean his points are invalid. the fact that he pointed out the issue imho, i think that's a brave thing to do

and on the other hand, again, i can't agree more with jeff (turbo) and mark (gsxotic)
Old 01-14-05, 08:51 PM
MafiaJoey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Carson Toyota follow up reply

Thanks to everyone for putting there two cents in. First off the joker who made fun of me for saying carlson toyota give me a break it was a small mistake. Those who agree or disagree no big deal. Here are the facts I ordered the part 6months ago. They told me 6 weeks. I called after 8 weeks left a message and no one called back. I called the next week they said it got stuck somewhere and it would be another month. Now were at about 3 months. I then called at about a week after the extra month and they said two days. I called a week later they said two days. At this point I couldn't believe it. Time went by and no real answers. No one new what to say over there. After 5 months and might I add Steve never once talked to me he was to busy. After all this you think he could give me 30 seconds of his time. So now more time goes by. Customer relations calls me and they have no idea. They call me back and say it's on it's way. ^6 ****ING MONTHS. No professionalism or communication. They advertise hundreds of products they don't even have access to. So I took it to the two best aftermarket shops around and they said its about 6 inches to short (front lip) it might fit an is300. This is a joke. I've heard a lot of good things too but they just cant get the job done oh and since it was a special order they wont take it back. Is it my fault its over 4 months late or is it my fault it doesnt fit? It can't even be modified its a piece of crap. They still wont return my calls. Guess what STEVE IS ON VACATION? What a joke. The dealership up here which has no affiliation wants to take it back because of the Lexus service and name they claim to have down there. THE SUCK AND THATS A FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-14-05, 08:57 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ok what kit is it that you ordered ???

thats the $$$$1,000,000 question
Old 01-14-05, 08:58 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just curious, what was it that you ordered...which kit? At least your experience might save another lexus owner from going through the same fitment issue.....might as well have some good come out of this ordeal.
Old 01-14-05, 09:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

ujm.... if you are saying that the front bumper doesn't fit, then that's something you should have done more reseach on beforehand, coz' the jdm spec bumper has a smaller crush bar..... so you have to either mod your crush bar or remove it in order to fit the bumper. a lot of us are aware of that problem. just like if you put the tc on the gs430 you get cel likely

but other than that, i thnk you have all valid points on the service

Quick Reply: Carson Feedback Thread