Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Carson Feedback Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-05, 09:27 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got a few opininons on this..
1. being as most of you people know who do this to cars alot.. you NEVER know about custom things... i mean fitment isnt going to be perfect on much of anything...
ALSO if you have a GOOD body shop they could get a tin can to fit on your car... so i dont think it is UNfittable like you say... beelive me i did my c=kit and it can be fit on there.. we had to cut my rear bumper into 4 sections to get to fit right.. but it fits perfect now.
2. carson toyota is a bg businss.. since my family is in the car business i will share soem light.. business is hard to keep up with at times.. returning phone calls isnt on top prioirty because when you have 75 phone calls to return you just simply dont have time. .. just cll back it aint htat hard..
3.. sometimes we all know that things take longer than expected.. carson toyota being a middle man.. (not making the acutal kits) you never know about times.. his distributor is prolly telling him one thing and he s relaying to you.. which sucks but it happens

but i think it is good to voice your opinions.. i jsut think you should consider the business before gettin mad. .. BTW i would be upset too but i would understand
Old 01-13-05, 09:34 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

hmmm i've recently just ordered some parts..

so far everything has gone well.. except when i told him what i wanted, and he took my name and other info down, he said "okay should be there in approx. 4-6 weeks, goodbye".. i said.. "umm.. don't you want my credit card info.?" and he said "oh thats right, i'm sorry". lol

must have just been tired, sounded like it, but its ok.. i have no complaints if my order comes in a timely manner. (just thought i'd share for the humour.. )

Last edited by newyorksc; 01-13-05 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-13-05, 10:09 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Default "overnight parts from japan"

come on, lets be realistic. if they told someone a kit would take half a year to get here, the majority would not bite. they could get lucky and hit six weeks, but maybe not. jeeze its a gamble if ya pissed off get your money back. Hell they sent me the wrong bumper once, and i accepted their apology. its just a human service and its not perfect end rant...furthermore..there are other venues to order items, try em and see how it goes.
Old 01-13-05, 10:28 PM
LasVegasGS
Lead Lap

Wow first JP now Carson. I guess Carson could at least take the kit back its not the owner fault he bought a kit that doesnt fit the car?
Old 01-14-05, 07:42 AM
Rexdr
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LasVegasGS
Wow first JP now Carson. I guess Carson could at least take the kit back its not the owner fault he bought a kit that doesnt fit the car?
JP? Junction Produce? Something happened with them?
Old 01-14-05, 08:48 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 315 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by MafiaJoey
steve and his crew are very overated not only did my part take more than 6 months to get when they promised 6 weeks it also didn't fit it was a body kit that was too small not even modifications could help this piece of crap. l-tunedparts.com is overated! They never even called me throughout the 6months to clue me in. I called everyweek and they kept saying 2 days 2 days. 6 weeks and 6 months is a joke. now they won't even take back my damn kit that wont fit.
I am sorry to hear about your bad luck.

As LXOGOOD pointed out in the link to his thread, they are currently having some resource issues and being human, mistakes do happen.

Your case and the cases of a some others are the exception, not the norm. Absolutely no question about that.

I have dealt with Carson Toyota's Parts department for over 2 years now and I only have positive things to say about them. They take care of their customers period. This is just an unusual case of bad luck. I am sure when Steve gets back from Japan he will take care of you.
Old 01-14-05, 08:54 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if a JDM part from Japan is going to take 4 months to arrive customers should be told 4 months, not 6 weeks. That's the fault of the salesperson. When the error is discovered the customer should be notified of this mistake and given the chance to cancel the order.

I don't believe a business has any excuse for not returning customer calls for any reason. BUSY IS NEVER A REASON FOR A BUSINESS TO NOT RETURN CALLS. It's like the customer telling the business "I was too busy to pay you"
Let it be 2 calls or 200 calls. If you are getting 200 messages left for you, you are doing engouth business for you to hire someone to handle those calls.

in any case any "japan only" kits won't fit well. The whole bumper issue is a big one. Most times people shave down the 5mph bumper or cut portions of it off to make the kit fit.
Old 01-14-05, 08:57 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 315 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by VSsc400
I don't believe a business has any excuse for not returning customer calls for any reason. BUSY IS NEVER A REASON FOR A BUSINESS TO NOT RETURN CALLS. It's like the customer telling the business "I was too busy to pay you"
Let it be 2 calls or 200 calls. If you are getting 200 messages left for you, you are doing engouth business for you to hire someone to handle those calls.
That's what LXOGOOD explained in his post regarding this. Steve is trying to fill the position.

I am not by any means saying that this "bad customer service" demonstrated by Carson Toyota is good. Just trying to point out that his track record is the opposite, so we should give him the benefit of the doubt.
Old 01-14-05, 09:37 AM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Back in the day I ordered some parts from Steve at Carson. I talked to Steve, he took my order, and we chatted a while. They were sent on time and were as expected. But from what I'm hearing now, it seems as if it's the new guys that are making all of these mistakes. Everyone can't be Steve. Hopefully he will find better replacements for these guys who are new to the process.
Old 01-14-05, 10:03 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yah....all my orders in the past with Steve has been timely....but recently, I had some problems with that employee who left....and the newest employee there has yet to return my call on a question I had.

Btw...doesn't any unemployed CL member in socal want to apply for this job? Im sure the benefits are good.

Pete
Old 01-14-05, 10:18 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

I believe every company has their 'down time' once in a while.. But Steve is not to blame in my eyes, maybe his workers/connects.. Steve is hard to get in contact with which is understandable because of the workload he has to take on... but I had no problems before in ANY items that I ordered(though none of the items needed to come from overseas)..
Old 01-14-05, 11:09 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My prior two experience with Steve were great and I agreed with Henry (Rominl) 100%. Again as my prior post on aonther vendor's delay on the promised ETA, I believe seller has the obligation to make sure the buyer is fully informed. In any case, if the original ETA was unlikely to happen an option should be granted to buyer from withdrawing the transaction. I personally will not deal with people who is lack of integrity, honesty and gives out empty promises just to get my money. But I am not saying that is the case over here. With all the great experience that many CL members have with Steve and the fact stated by Ken in another post. I will probably give Steve another chance to prove himself. Anyways, good luck!

Last edited by GSXOTIC; 01-14-05 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-14-05, 11:36 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

I've been dealing with Carson Toyota Parts and Steve Ganz for 5 years now. Yes they're going through some harder times right now with a departure of one employee and the other guys trying to catch up with the volume. I understand everyone's frustration, but definitely be patient. For those that have never been to Carson Toyota, it's not some huge dealership with a Home Depot sized warehouse of parts. The parts department usually has a staff of 3 plus Steve at the helm. They are a fullservice Toyota Parts dept. so other than the aftermarket business they do, they still have to service their own dealership as well as their other clientel i.e. local service shops, other parts departments and bodyshops for collision parts.

Steve is currently in Japan for TAS working out better and new deals which equates to more JDM parts just for us.
Old 01-14-05, 12:07 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

seems to be coming from a bunch of green horns...
Oh, and BTW... its CARSON Toyota, not carLson Toyota... if you are going to bash something good, make sure you get it right
I am with you Stage3. These guys seem to be a little "new" to be spewing so much venom
These have got to be some of the most ignorant comments that I have ever read on CL!!

So now you need to have XX amount of posts to be able to voice your opinion on bad customer service???

I personally dont care if a vendor has been a CL sponsor for 5 years or 1 month.....I want the service that I should get, and have been promised. One thing I will never understand about this web site is you always have certain people that seem to get defensive when a CL vendor is bad mouthed. I dont know about you, but I want to hear all vendor feedback, both positive and negative. I want to know that when Im placing my money out there, which I have done alot of, that Im dealing with a good company....period....I dont care who it is!

That being said, I have delt with Carson a few times. I have always recieved my product, not always as promised, but not too far off target. I have also called there numerous times without getting a return call.....and this was before the mentioned staffing issues. I have also ordered a product that was never charged on my card, which I had to call back and remind them.....and then go through the ordr process. I have also had to educate Steve's two right hand men on what it was that I was ordering becuase they didnt have a clue.
On the filp side, Steve has always answered my emails, no immediatley, but eventually. Steve has also created a one stop shopping experience for some hard to get items.....which is rare for us GS owners.

Constructive criticism should be welcomed, both by Carson and Club Lexus. Thats how they can grow and fix issues, and thats how CL members can make educated decisions on their purchases with their hard earned money.

One of my best friends is my biggest client, and he will call me out in a hot minute......thats business, and i wouldnt expect him to do anything differently.

Last edited by TTurboPimp; 01-14-05 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-14-05, 12:24 PM
alexulan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TTurboPimp
These have got to be some of the most ignorant comments that I have ever read on CL!!

So now you need to have XX amount of posts to be able to voice your opinion on bad customer service???

I personally dont care if a vendor has been a CL sponsor for 5 years or 1 month.....I want the service that I should get, and have been promised. One thing I will never understand about this web site is you always have certain people that seem to get defensive when a CL vendor is bad mouthed. I dont know about you, but I want to hear all vendor feedback, both positive and negative. I want to know that when Im placing my money out there, which I have done alot of, that Im dealing with a good company....period....I dont care who it is!

That being said, I have delt with Carson a few times. I have always recieved my product, not always as promised, but not too far off target. I have also called there numerous times without getting a return call.....and this was before the mentioned staffing issues. I have also ordered a product that was never charged on my card, which I had to call back and remind them.....and then go through the ordr process. I have also had to educate Steve's two right hand men on what it was that I was ordering becuase they didnt have a clue.
On the filp side, Steve has always answered my emails, no immediatley, but eventually. Steve has also created a one stop shopping experience for some hard to get items.....which is rare for us GS owners.

Constructive criticism should be welcomed, both by Carson and Club Lexus. Thats how they can grow and fix issues, and thats how CL members can make educated decisions on their purchases with their hard earned money.

One of my best friends is my biggest client, and he will call me out in a hot minute......thats business, and i wouldnt expect him to do anything differently.
well said. could not agree more.

Its a FORUM people!
Forum = a public meeting place for open discussion

Quick Reply: Carson Feedback Thread