Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Clublexus.com chapters

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-01, 01:09 PM
disc108
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Michael,

I was thinking that maybe we could have smaller subdivisions among clublexus.com... we would all still be under clublexus.com but we would also hold smaller meets just to chill or cruise around. kind of like frats w/their different chapters or church's with their daughter churches. e.g. Atlanta, S. Cali, Baltimore area... you get the picture.
Old 05-12-01, 01:44 PM
mkilty
Lead Lap

I like the idea. I can create sections to the site that lists the members in area.

Let's have some thoughts on the best way to expand this.
Old 05-12-01, 05:27 PM
disc108
Lead Lap

Well, when you transfer to a dedicated server, each subdivision could have a name (Team Lexstacy!!) and each of them could have a page hosted by you. each of the subdivisions could have their own minimeets w/other sections and of course, clublexus.com could arrange the big meets, like the one coming up on may 19th. we would still all be under the direction of michael, of course, and each subdivision would not have a president, vice president, etc, nor would we ever be in competition, because im afraid that over-competitive people will take competitions too seriously and cause division, etc.

another cool thing we could have is banners. i was hoping to have a team lexstacy one, but a cool one would clublexus.com in big font across teh front, and right under that, in smaller text, would be the name (e.g. Team Lexstacy) or subdivided area (S. Cali or Orange County). Maybe you could post an announcment for ideas because not that many people come to this forum and you could get a lot more feedback.

i like your idea about listing the people in each area because that way, it would be easier for us to search for people around us. you could have clublexus.com automatically put us in groups through a sort function based on area code, city, state, or zip code.
Old 05-12-01, 05:35 PM
disc108
Lead Lap

im still really disappointed that there were no .com's printed on those stickers!!!!!
Old 05-13-01, 12:14 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by disc108
im still really disappointed that there were no .com's printed on those stickers!!!!!

One reason I didn't like the .com was because they make the entire sticker assymetrical. What would be better is like, how i added WWW. in the front. You can check it out on the clublexus homepage, www.clublexus.com, on the SoCal meet flyer. Looks symmetrical and I think that's better than just .com.