Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Disappointed in Junction Produce...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-04, 10:41 PM
r00kie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Disappointed in Junction Produce...

Just need to vent....
<begin vent>
I ordered a set of the JP lights back in April...yes April through John. Was told that it shouldn't take more than 1 month. I sent PMs after the 1 month time, John and I exchanged PMs and I was told that the lights were completed, they were waiting on some rims and wanted to ship the lights with the rims.

I am a pretty patient person, but after the 2 month mark, I PM'ed John again and he checked on it and now was told that the lights were not done. He was taking a trip to Japan and was gonna find out what's going on. Well, after his trip, I emailed him and was told that they did the lights for the wrong car or something to that effect.

I didn't want to wait any longer so I told John I wanted a refund. But, JP was gonna charge a 20% restocking fee?!? Restocking fee for a set of lights that I never received??!! WTH?
</end vent>

Anyway, I am not faulting John, as I don't know why JP couldn't do the lights in the time allocated. I just hope he can come through and get my FULL refund.

I am not swearing off JP, because they have some stuff I still would like to purchase, but I'll probably get it only if they have it in stock at the US office.
Old 08-15-04, 11:03 PM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

Whenever ordering anything from Japan , you have to be a very patient person. They do things slowly over there.

If you really wanted the lights, you should have just waited it out. Hey, what's another 2 months ? It will be worth it when they come in.

This is coming from a person who waited 6 or longer months(i lost count,lol) for my Volks to come in. Boy was i happy to see the UPS man drop them off though.

Lots of companies have that policy of a restocking fee now adays. Something you just have to watch out for. I would advise to talk to John again and ask him for a realistic time for the lights to arrive. If they don't arrive at the estimated time to give a full refund to make things square.

Good luck!
Old 08-15-04, 11:41 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The key in ordering parts from Japan is patience. However that sucks that you can't get a full refund.
Old 08-16-04, 12:22 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by rgarjr
The key in ordering parts from Japan is patience. However that sucks that you can't get a full refund.
yes but when the promised timeframe isn't met then something's wrong. I guess miscommunication played a part.

I've ordered stuff from Japan before, some took about a week, some things took almost 3 months. But the point was, I was told to wait for 2 weeks and 3 months, respectively.

JP is a big company, so I think they should plan out these things when they are introducing their brand in the U.S. This is not the first time I'm hearing about their delays. Good products tho.
Old 08-16-04, 12:25 AM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Disappointed in Junction Produce...

I didn't want to wait any longer so I told John I wanted a refund. But, JP was gonna charge a 20% restocking fee?!? Restocking fee for a set of lights that I never received??!! WTH?
</end vent>

Well, it's understandable to be charged a restocking fee for a custom item if you cancel the order, but that usually presupposes that they actually started the job! In a case such as this, where no work on your order was actually performed and promised delivery was long past, they should allow you to cancel with full refund if that is your choice. BTW, on a different topic: how did your American Stitches wood/leather steering wheel turn out? What did you use for a wheel while they worked on yours? Or, did you just park the car and wait?
Old 08-16-04, 01:43 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

umm...... very tough situation there man...... i understand your situation totally. as difficult as it is to get jdm stuff, i still think a timeline is a timeline. technically if it's promised for 4 weeks and not met, then it''s something up there for discussion. however i don't knw the details, maybe up front there is already words saying that if something is ordered, then there is no refund or it's 20% less?

dunno, just throwing out rocks
Old 08-16-04, 02:50 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

IMO....yah...I understand time is important...esp for jdm parts.

But look at it from John's pt of view....it wasn't his fault JP did NOT fill the order...although maybe he should have bugged the hell out of them when it went past the first month.

I'd say stick with the order cuz JP is probably making or already made them right now.....maybe a discount from JP thru John is in order for your long wait time.

Just my 2 cents.

Pete
Old 08-16-04, 04:17 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

I'm sorry to hear your about your mis-fortune. As others have said, when dealing with a special order item such as one off, laser manufactured tailights, there is a restocking fee. This is to prevent cancelled orders left and right.

I also agree with PHML's post, although 2months is a long time, it was 4weeks behind schedule, alot of guys here have waited 3-4months for products. Perhaps your best bet would have been to discuss some sort of incentive for the mis-produced order and wait time. If you went through Junctions authorized US importer, I can not see you having better results with a "gray market" entity. Please remember if you purchase gray-market (US shop purchases from JDM shop), you have no warranty, or recourse against mis-orders.

Good luck and please attempt to work out something with Junction.
Old 08-16-04, 04:51 AM
Skinny
Driver

A 20% restocking fee on merchandise that is about 4 months overdue is ridiculous. It seems like they should rename the "restocking fee" to "rip-off fee" in this situation.

If you want out and they want to charge you 20% restocking fee, call your CREDIT CARD COMPANY.
Old 08-16-04, 05:01 AM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

A restocking fee to restock something that is not in stock...

Old 08-16-04, 06:50 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by CinFulxGS4

thats pretty funny..

i'm not takeing shots at anyone just telling how it does happen. when i ordered my wheels from Japan i was told 4-6 weeks..i got them 3 months later...when i ordered my JP lights i was told 1 month...i got them just over 2 months later....the delays were through the company not the guy i went through. with my wheels eveytime i pm'd Will he responded quickly and gave me truthful painful answers that they were going 2 take longer than he thought and was told. with the tails jon responded everytime i pm'd or called and he was truthful with the delay that happen. so it falls into how do u get mad with the guy if he's cool and its the company that makeing him look bad?. its funny we talk about Japan stuff but even Carson toyota made we wait 4 an item they said they had in stock. i waited 1 1/2 months 4 a roof spoiler they said they had in stock when they took my payment. i later came 2 find out they didn't have it. but steve took control of the situation and got me my spoiler and took care of me 4 the misunderstanding... so u c it happens here 2.....

i honestly say it comes down 2 the company. timelines r given and should b met but we should also b realistic with timeslines and give a lil extra just incase...usually if someone tells me 1 month i say 2 in my head, now if it passes 2 than we have a problem...i hope it works out 4 u, with jon i'm sure it will..
Old 08-16-04, 08:36 AM
r00kie
Lexus Test Driver

DetMich1: how did your American Stitches wood/leather steering wheel turn out? What did you use for a wheel while they worked on yours? Or, did you just park the car and wait?
hehe...I think you misread, I don't have the wood/leather steering wheel (although I wish I did), I have the AS wood/leather shifter.

To everyone else, thanks for your input/insight. This is the first time I've ordered JDM parts and from reading different forums I understand that there is a wait even before I placed the order, but I feel there should still be a reasonable level of expectation when it comes to the delivery time. I also believe there was a definite breakdown in communication, because according to John, my lights were completed and was waiting to be shipped.

I want to reiterate that in no way am I faulting John, I truly believe that he was telling me what he was told by JP. I agree with the GlobeCLK when he says that JP needs to plan these things out better...or maybe my situation was just a fluke.
Old 08-16-04, 09:30 AM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally posted by CinFulxGS4

You should get an incentive from the JP, considering that they are a big company and should maintain their integrity instead of bending you over.

At least they should've gave you a heads up that it was going to be this late, beyond their indicated timeframe.

I totally agree!!! That's like the same bullsh&t when you have to pay a "sitting fee" to take some family portrait. No thanks, I'll stand.

Last edited by GS3Tek; 08-16-04 at 09:32 AM.
Old 08-16-04, 12:59 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

r00kie: I'm in the same boat with you.. its been a little over two months now that i'm waiting for my spoiler and tail lights. I already talked to john, and he is doing everything he can possibly do to make this transaction quicker. Its really out of his hands. He's in the bay area and the stuff we ordered is made in Japan. He just came back from japan a week ago and he made sure my spoiler and tails are being in production. So hopefully i dont have to wait any longer. But if its gonna take over 1 more month, then i'll request for a refund. Its so Ridiculous how much Junction Produce is charging for their items and delivering time is really really bad. I'm juss waiting to get my stuff and it will be well worth it.

Tommy
Old 08-16-04, 01:05 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

wow, thats a lot of jp lights coming our way, its great 2 c..i hope it works out 4 both of u..

Quick Reply: Disappointed in Junction Produce...