Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Disappointed in Junction Produce...

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-04, 11:16 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, two things here:

1) I'm moving this thread to the Site Suggestion forum since it's not directly related to the GS.

2) Since John is a vendor here, we need him to chime in on what's going on. Until then, let's keep this thread civil...

Thanks...

Ken
GS Forum Moderator
Old 08-17-04, 01:31 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

ok i guess this thread is going a bit more OT that i expected. i am only going to say a couple of things here. keep in mind you guys have ONLY heard ONE side of the story. i don't know who else does, but i am one who have now heard BOTH sides of the story. even at this stage i am not going (or even trying) to take positions on john or rookie. keep in mind, this is given the fact that john is a very good friend of mine. that's how objective i am, coz' i still think there are more towards the whole thing.

so while i have no problem with everyone discussing the whole jdm import market and all import delays due to whatever reasons, even to the point that delays are getitng stupid and frustration is everywhere, i do not want to see anyone else trying to bash or ditch either side of this issue anymore. do not say that john or rookie is wrong / bad / at fault unless you know the whole story. i personally think this is the fairest we can do for them.

please notice that i am not trying to say that anyone of you is wronng, that's not my intention at all. i just want to make sure we don't kill the reputation of any good party without knowing the whole truth.
Old 08-17-04, 03:07 AM
RRocket
Lexus Test Driver

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

Well instead of keeping the "truth" so hushy-hushy, quiet, secret, whatever, why don't you TELL us so people don't have to bash anyone or make up their own minds based on only one side of the story? Is there some reason that prevents you from letting us know what's really going on? Is there some nefarious plot that would threaten world peace if we knew about it? Why not clue us ALL in? Surely John is not at fault, obviously. It's in his best interest to cater to his customers in a timely fashion...afterall, his reputation is a solid one, and he wouldn't want it tarnished. But I do agree, that gouging, (and it is gouging) someone a restocking fee for an item that was never even shipped is just BS. For that, no matter the reason, there is no excuse. That reason alone is enough for me not to want to do business with JP...ever.

The Fair Credit Billing Act, a U.S. law, protect the consumer from getting jerked around if they use their credit card for a purchase. On of the laws says that you can dispute and withhold payment if the goods "are delivered unreasonably late." Also, and this is the big one, if I remember correctly, is is ILLEGAL to bill one's credit card BEFORE and item is stocked and ready to ship......Hope this helps some...

Last edited by RRocket; 08-17-04 at 03:17 AM.
Old 08-17-04, 05:51 AM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by r00kie
I feel there should still be a reasonable level of expectation when it comes to the delivery time.
Since i live in Japan and order parts all the time its odd that you had to wait so long....... Normally how it works once the order is paid in full or placed they tell you how long the wait is. I have ordered from many places even Junction Produce.

The longest I ever had to wait for a part was two weeks past the date they gave me that i would have it. And they paid the extra fees to get it shipped express to my house. (Less the 24hrs)

If the date came up and it was not ready they asked if another two weeks was okay or did I want my money back. I know most JDM companies dont like to keep buyers / customers waiting.

At least 30% of the companys dont make the product until it is paid for or ordered.

Sorry to hear about what happen.
Old 08-17-04, 07:37 AM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by RRocket
Well instead of keeping the "truth" so hushy-hushy, quiet, secret, whatever, why don't you TELL us so people don't have to bash anyone or make up their own minds based on only one side of the story? Is there some reason that prevents you from letting us know what's really going on? Is there some nefarious plot that would threaten world peace if we knew about it? Why not clue us ALL in? Surely John is not at fault, obviously. It's in his best interest to cater to his customers in a timely fashion...afterall, his reputation is a solid one, and he wouldn't want it tarnished. But I do agree, that gouging, (and it is gouging) someone a restocking fee for an item that was never even shipped is just BS. For that, no matter the reason, there is no excuse. That reason alone is enough for me not to want to do business with JP...ever.

The Fair Credit Billing Act, a U.S. law, protect the consumer from getting jerked around if they use their credit card for a purchase. On of the laws says that you can dispute and withhold payment if the goods "are delivered unreasonably late." Also, and this is the big one, if I remember correctly, is is ILLEGAL to bill one's credit card BEFORE and item is stocked and ready to ship......Hope this helps some...
It's very simple... It's not up to Rominl to explain Johns / JP side of the story. It's up to John / JP to chime in here since he is dircetly involved in this matter. I would say wait until John gets a chance to respond to this thread, then make up your mind whether or not you would ever do business with John.
Old 08-17-04, 11:24 AM
LexFather

Well, I don't know either one but this is the first issue I've heard with John, it's not like 10 other people have jumped in saying the same thing. And of course that 1 bad transaction gets all the attention and the other 100 smooth ones are rarely publicized.

Old 08-17-04, 11:40 AM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

Ok guys... I haven't had much access to the internet as of late so this is my first time to actually get to chime in on the situation. I have had many business meetings the past few days and I was away from the office attending Nisei Showoff in Los Angeles. I don't want to make this an excuse thread. Let me just make this easy and straight to the point. Address the issue and close it.

Restocking fees are always a norm for most companies. However, with JP, it was something that they felt was needed to do in the US because of the "cancelled" orders they were getting. Not from me but from other vendors trying to be US dealers. Of course, when I started helping JP out, I was just doing it from my home and I wasn't making a dime doing it.

Now thats besides the fact. Most of you know that I left for Japan a few weeks ago to address JP directly some of the issues we were having with how much they were backing the US operations and how much help I can get from them. Of course, going there showed a bit more seriousness in my part and of course they felt that I was someone not here to rip anyone or just take advantage. For me, I just want to see good quality products get to the US.

In my emails and PMs, because of the delays, I promised r00kie because of the time delays I would refund some of his money so that his overall cost on the tail lights would of been JP USA cost, NOT dealer costs. It would of been significantly less than the 1350 retail price. Shipping and US custom fees would of been covered by me making the price even more cheaper. When r00kie asked for his refund when I returned from Japan empty handed, I promptly went ahead and requested for the refund since I already gave JP the money for the tails. I was informed of the restocking fee and respectfully told JP that it wasn't acceptable.

Plain and simple. I will refund 100% of his money. Regardless of what JP wants. if they want to charge the 20% I will cover it personally. The tails are being made at the moment and so it will arrive eventually with the rest of the inventory that I paid for and ordered when I went to Japan. I will be emailing r00kie to coordinate that when I return to the office in a few days. I am still on the move in Los Angeles meeting with potential dealers as well other companies based here.

Sum it all up. my apologies, and I will promptly take care of this situation.
Old 08-17-04, 12:02 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by JunctionGS
Thanks John. I expected no less from you.
Old 08-17-04, 12:06 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John, thx for clear things up... this definitely helps.
Old 08-17-04, 12:22 PM
LexFather

Originally posted by JunctionGS
Ok guys... I haven't had much access to the internet as of late so this is my first time to actually get to chime in on the situation. I have had many business meetings the past few days and I was away from the office attending Nisei Showoff in Los Angeles. I don't want to make this an excuse thread. Let me just make this easy and straight to the point. Address the issue and close it.

Restocking fees are always a norm for most companies. However, with JP, it was something that they felt was needed to do in the US because of the "cancelled" orders they were getting. Not from me but from other vendors trying to be US dealers. Of course, when I started helping JP out, I was just doing it from my home and I wasn't making a dime doing it.

Now thats besides the fact. Most of you know that I left for Japan a few weeks ago to address JP directly some of the issues we were having with how much they were backing the US operations and how much help I can get from them. Of course, going there showed a bit more seriousness in my part and of course they felt that I was someone not here to rip anyone or just take advantage. For me, I just want to see good quality products get to the US.

In my emails and PMs, because of the delays, I promised r00kie because of the time delays I would refund some of his money so that his overall cost on the tail lights would of been JP USA cost, NOT dealer costs. It would of been significantly less than the 1350 retail price. Shipping and US custom fees would of been covered by me making the price even more cheaper. When r00kie asked for his refund when I returned from Japan empty handed, I promptly went ahead and requested for the refund since I already gave JP the money for the tails. I was informed of the restocking fee and respectfully told JP that it wasn't acceptable.

Plain and simple. I will refund 100% of his money. Regardless of what JP wants. if they want to charge the 20% I will cover it personally. The tails are being made at the moment and so it will arrive eventually with the rest of the inventory that I paid for and ordered when I went to Japan. I will be emailing r00kie to coordinate that when I return to the office in a few days. I am still on the move in Los Angeles meeting with potential dealers as well other companies based here.

Class-Act.

Old 08-17-04, 12:35 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

and ill take those lights
Old 08-17-04, 12:48 PM
RRocket
Lexus Test Driver

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

Class act...definitely...
Old 08-17-04, 12:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally posted by RRocket

like lxogood said, it's not up to me to just say anything. it would be disaster if i just go out and tell people what i know. i respect john when he requested me not to say anything about the truth, which i agreed completely.

now since john has already spoken his sides of the story, i think/hope everything is clear about what's going on. there is no need for further discussion on this particular topic. i think it's probably about time to close this thread after it gets more exposure to everyone who read it before

Last edited by rominl; 08-17-04 at 12:58 PM.
Old 08-17-04, 05:10 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Nicely done JP. It's great to see someone as involved as yourself.

-Anthony
Old 08-17-04, 05:10 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
i think it's probably about time to close this thread after it gets more exposure to everyone who read it before
Agreed. Thanks for the fine response JunctionGS.