Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

dumb question....what's EOS?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-04, 11:11 AM
LexFather

The SE OWNSZ YOU ALL!!!!
Old 08-15-04, 12:23 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by flipside909
Just over 100 Lexus and more than 200 Toyota models of all kinds showed in regards to Carson.
100 Lexus

I demand a recount !

Oops Never mind. Thought I was in Florida.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 08-15-04 at 01:09 AM.
Old 08-15-04, 01:42 AM
RMMGS4

Default Sho ME DA Money !

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
The SE OWNSZ YOU ALL!!!!
Sick, you guys put on some badass meets, but I don't usually see you guys hold Lexi ONLY meets, which is NorCal's claim to fame. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Dave, you talking the Sept. SRT meet? I saw 80 on the sign up. 15-20% fallout is typical and 30% for .Netters (Seriously, I have statistical data). Plus the photos (atleast what I saw posted) didn't show anything close to 100.

If you physically verifed headcount yourself, I'll graciously take your word for it, or if SRT has a registration list (# of cars NOT people) I'd be very interested to know.

Oh and as far as FI cars in CA is concerned, several are working on boost for next year.

I admittedly don't follow what goes on in the SE & NE forums very closely, so everyone please enlighten me, post some links and " Sho Me Da Money"

I think a friendly competition between regions for meet attendance bragging rights is a healthy thing. It gets members to participate, become more active and show some pride in their regions.

If there's anything that will spur more active memberships throughout the country, this would be it. I also think it promotes more involvement between the .NET & CL famlies as well.

Maybe we should try to document big meets in the future so that we can validate the #s ??

Criteria:
Lexus Specific Meet (Not ALL Comers)
Count Lexus cars ONLY (No Supras, etc.)
Single day event
Official sign up thread to document entries, backed up by a registration sheet or physical count taken by a reputable CL member. Any mods assigned to take count would be good.
Photographs wouldn't hurt, just to give people the warm and fuzzies.

What do ya'll think ?

Last edited by RMMGS4; 08-15-04 at 02:03 AM.
Old 08-15-04, 11:08 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Sounds like a great idea . I'd heard the SRT turnout was much bigger than had signed up, but didn't see an official count anywhere. The lot at SRT inside their shop entrance doesn't hold that many cars (other businesses) where the pics were, so I suspect the partking was all around the area.

Agree, a little competiton east vs west will be fun and healthy , although NorCal and SoCal have the biggest concentration of members of any area. I don't think you guys in Cali will ever really come close to the sheer number of FI cars that we have on the east coast simply due to the smog / exhaust laws in your state. Not enough folks willing to run that risk. On the other hand you've got a lot more entre /access to the JDM stuff on the Pacific side which is tougher for us to get.

Heck, I can't get more than five people together in Charlotte for a meet, what am I even saying I'll have to rely on the bigger cities to the north and south of me .
Old 08-15-04, 11:32 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Heck, I can't get more than five people together in Charlotte for a meet, what am I even saying I'll have to rely on the bigger cities to the north and south of me .
Canada owns you ALL!!!!!!!

Try beating the size of meets I organize here - 2 cars!!!! So far we've had three of those in 2 years -
1. Hameed and 2SAVVY
2. Hameed and SPORTS
3. Hameed and jucee187

You guys think you can even touch us????? Dream on guys!!!

Check out traffic in the Canada forum. Posts in there are about once in 2 months!

If the NE/SE meet on the East coast in the US is less than 6 hours from me, I will definitely come down!

Last edited by Hameed; 08-15-04 at 11:34 AM.
Old 08-15-04, 04:47 PM
RMMGS4

Originally posted by Hameed

Try beating the size of meets I organize here - 2 cars!!!! So far we've had three of those in 2 years -
1. Hameed and 2SAVVY
2. Hameed and SPORTS
3. Hameed and jucee187

Check out traffic in the Canada forum. Posts in there are about once in 2 months!

If the NE/SE meet on the East coast in the US is less than 6 hours from me, I will definitely come down!
LOL,
Hameed that takes all.

Why don't you come down to our meet?

We are currrently approaching sponsors, so I'm sure we could help you get a big tax write off.

I gotta call you soon.

Sorry I've been so busy.
Old 08-15-04, 04:57 PM
RMMGS4

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Sounds like a great idea . I'd heard the SRT turnout was much bigger than had signed up, but didn't see an official count anywhere. The lot at SRT inside their shop entrance doesn't hold that many cars (other businesses) where the pics were, so I suspect the partking was all around the area.

Agree, a little competiton east vs west will be fun and healthy , although NorCal and SoCal have the biggest concentration of members of any area. I don't think you guys in Cali will ever really come close to the sheer number of FI cars that we have on the east coast simply due to the smog / exhaust laws in your state. Not enough folks willing to run that risk. On the other hand you've got a lot more entre /access to the JDM stuff on the Pacific side which is tougher for us to get.

Yeah good point. I suppose the smog laws are our biggest obstacle.

We can get people to drive 100 miles to attend our meets, but beyond that is increasingly difficult. Since there is virtually nothing between LA and NorCal, we don't gain many more attendee's for distances between 101 and 400 miles.

The way it appears to me, is that the east coast has a lot of people spread out everywhere, but not a whole lot of people concentrated in any one region (Like NorCal). The challenges are different, but in any case, getting a North meets South Meet sounds like a tough proposition no matter which coast you are on.

Only the Hard Core members will drive the distance.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 08-15-04 at 05:01 PM.
Old 08-15-04, 05:36 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by RMMGS4
LOL,
Hameed that takes all.

Why don't you come down to our meet?

We are currrently approaching sponsors, so I'm sure we could help you get a big tax write off.

I gotta call you soon.

Sorry I've been so busy.
You don't realize how badly I want to come down to your meet. I think I will be in Lexus heaven surrounded by all those heavilly modded Cali Lexus cars!!

Tax write off? Hmmm............. I gotta convince the wife to come out - we would have to fly in though. Maybe I should look for some last minute seat sales or something like that.

It's ironic, but 95% of my business is from Cali and I have been to Cali only once in the last 7 years - in 97 when my older son was 3 months old!

We stayed in San Jose most of the week. I had a sister that lived there once upon a time. Long story.

Last edited by Hameed; 08-15-04 at 05:36 PM.
Old 08-15-04, 11:55 PM
RMMGS4

We'd love to have you attend. You can be our Honorary NorCal member like LXOGOOD and Flipside909 were last year . LOL

We're going to be setting up discount accomodations for our out of town guests so I hope that helps ya a lil.

Find an excuse to visit your local customers while you're here. Never know if you can generate more business.

You'll probably get better airline pricing to SFO vs. SJ, but of course it's a 40 min drive. Henry and I are within minutes of the SJ airport, so picking you up is absolutely no prob.

Let us know if you can work something out.

We've still got several weeks to go.
Old 08-16-04, 12:24 AM
LexFather

Default Re: Sho ME DA Money !

Sick, you guys put on some badass meets, but I don't usually see you guys hold Lexi ONLY meets, which is NorCal's claim to fame. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Dave, you talking the Sept. SRT meet? I saw 80 on the sign up. 15-20% fallout is typical and 30% for .Netters (Seriously, I have statistical data). Plus the photos (atleast what I saw posted) didn't show anything close to 100.

If you physically verifed headcount yourself, I'll graciously take your word for it, or if SRT has a registration list (# of cars NOT people) I'd be very interested to know.

Oh and as far as FI cars in CA is concerned, several are working on boost for next year.

I admittedly don't follow what goes on in the SE & NE forums very closely, so everyone please enlighten me, post some links and " Sho Me Da Money"

I think a friendly competition between regions for meet attendance bragging rights is a healthy thing. It gets members to participate, become more active and show some pride in their regions.

If there's anything that will spur more active memberships throughout the country, this would be it. I also think it promotes more involvement between the .NET & CL famlies as well.

Maybe we should try to document big meets in the future so that we can validate the #s ??

Criteria:
Lexus Specific Meet (Not ALL Comers)
Count Lexus cars ONLY (No Supras, etc.)
Single day event
Official sign up thread to document entries, backed up by a registration sheet or physical count taken by a reputable CL member. Any mods assigned to take count would be good.
Photographs wouldn't hurt, just to give people the warm and fuzzies.

What do ya'll think ?
I was playfully joking. I love how ya'll get down. Some of the best modded cars over there. The website is rocking. We need to talk more dude so we can compare notes, meets, shows etc and learn from one another.
The competition thing sounds awesome! With the SRT meet, I heard it really wasn't all that. There was not 100 cars there but more than anything it seemed that there were certain clicks of people and the environment was not family or friendish to all. Most didn't know who was who and who owned what car.
I heard Mo rolled out the IS, dynoed it, then rolled it back in.

If you go to www.seloc.net you'll see we keep busy year round. For the record:
We meet first Sunday's at a central location downtown with covered parking if it rains every month at 2pm
We meet 3rd Friday Nights at Starbucks at 7pm
Of course we attend any Lexus driving events and Benz, etc together.
NOPI every year!
HIN this year
We have an open door policy to any car. Most of the time it's Lexus only but every 4th meet or so, it seems to involve many others. Some of our most active members don't own a Lexus. But they know that is is about LEXUS first and foremost.
Our 4th annual Large multi-car meet was this past July. 400 cars and bikes

We had 2 cars our first meet (CSR and Bitkahuna). So in less than 4 years, we really have grown tremendously. We have a great core group and that is what attracts others and keeps them coming.
Old 08-16-04, 01:05 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

1. Hameed and 2SAVVY
2. Hameed and SPORTS
3. Hameed and jucee187

haha hameed, you guys suck just kidding man, hehe.... well, our meet is wihin two months away, you really dont' wanna fly down here for a very nice weekend where you are going to meet a lot of cool people including some big names on the forum?
Old 08-16-04, 08:01 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

We'd love to have you attend. You can be our Honorary NorCal member like LXOGOOD and Flipside909 were last year . LOL

We're going to be setting up discount accomodations for our out of town guests so I hope that helps ya a lil.

Find an excuse to visit your local customers while you're here. Never know if you can generate more business.

You'll probably get better airline pricing to SFO vs. SJ, but of course it's a 40 min drive. Henry and I are within minutes of the SJ airport, so picking you up is absolutely no prob.

Let us know if you can work something out.

We've still got several weeks to go.
I just noticed that your meet is at the end of September. It will be hard to come down for your meet and do this as well...........

You guys don't have any meets in December, January or mid Feb? That would be the ideal time for us to get away from the freezing weather up here.
Old 08-17-04, 10:56 AM
RMMGS4

I just noticed that your meet is at the end of September. It will be hard to come down for your meet and do this as well...........

You guys don't have any meets in December, January or mid Feb? That would be the ideal time for us to get away from the freezing weather up here.
Well congrats on the house. Looks like you'll be keeping busy for sure.

After EOS, we get pretty burn't out. Usually we take a break for a month or two just to re-coup.

So you never know what we'll do for the winter. We did have a small Xmas party last year.

You'll just have to keep next Sept. open for V4 tho.
Old 08-17-04, 11:24 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Well congrats on the house. Looks like you'll be keeping busy for sure.

After EOS, we get pretty burn't out. Usually we take a break for a month or two just to re-coup.

So you never know what we'll do for the winter. We did have a small Xmas party last year.

You'll just have to keep next Sept. open for V4 tho.
The Xmas party sounds interesting.......
Old 08-17-04, 11:27 AM
RMMGS4

Default Re: Re: Sho ME DA Money !

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
I was playfully joking. I love how ya'll get down. Some of the best modded cars over there. The website is rocking. We need to talk more dude so we can compare notes, meets, shows etc and learn from one another.
The competition thing sounds awesome! With the SRT meet, I heard it really wasn't all that. There was not 100 cars there but more than anything it seemed that there were certain clicks of people and the environment was not family or friendish to all. Most didn't know who was who and who owned what car.
I heard Mo rolled out the IS, dynoed it, then rolled it back in.

If you go to www.seloc.net you'll see we keep busy year round. For the record:
We meet first Sunday's at a central location downtown with covered parking if it rains every month at 2pm
We meet 3rd Friday Nights at Starbucks at 7pm
Of course we attend any Lexus driving events and Benz, etc together.
NOPI every year!
HIN this year
We have an open door policy to any car. Most of the time it's Lexus only but every 4th meet or so, it seems to involve many others. Some of our most active members don't own a Lexus. But they know that is is about LEXUS first and foremost.
Our 4th annual Large multi-car meet was this past July. 400 cars and bikes

We had 2 cars our first meet (CSR and Bitkahuna). So in less than 4 years, we really have grown tremendously. We have a great core group and that is what attracts others and keeps them coming.
Sick,
I think comparing notes is a great idea. Our core team has such a diverse set of skills (either from our profession or education), so the great thing is that we all contribute those skills to our meet activities, which is TRULY what I believe makes our meets so successful. I'm sure there are things that you guys do that we can learn from as well. Well lets put it on our to-do list. We are sooo busy right now with prepping for EOS, so it'll have to be after Sept. and after we re-couperate !

I signed up on SELOC a while ago, but unfortunately l haven't been active. I'll def have to start lurking over there.

We still need to put more time into our LGW site. It's creation has a different focus than CL., SELOC or .NET sites. We are focused on our regional events, but at the same time we want to offer things that will contribute to the entire Lexus community. We want it to be informational and technically oriented, but no forums or registered members, atleast at this point. A lot of time still needs to be put in, so hopefully after EOS we will focus more on our site.

Sounds like you have a pretty active group to have regular mini meets.

All our meets welcome anyone who wants to join us. Only EOS is restricted due to the overwhelming response and the limited parking. I don't think we could handle large multi-car meets here. We are a small group of roughly 10 core members, tho it is growing quickly. Almost everyone has kids or newly married so we do try to have family friendly events when we can.

We started out 3 years ago on a thread where 2 of us were planning to meet at In N Out for lunch and the next thing you know 10 people show up. The rest is history, but after all this time, most of those original 10 are still active. Once hard core always hard core I suppse.