Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Turbocharge hookups between members

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-04, 10:11 AM
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking Turbocharge hookups between members

I knew the word “turbocharge” would get attention.

While poking around on CL this morning (from home), a thought occurred to me. Why not have a centralized sub-forum to go to in order to meet-up with another member to check out a TTE grille, an HKS Hyper exhaust, or how L-Tuned sounds with the resonators removed.

I’m thinking that some way of encouraging informal meet-ups between members (and lurkers) can’t be bad.

Do these get-togethers happen now? Of course, they do – but a pm by its nature is private and a post in a specific thread may not get viewed by other Lexoholics who might want to be there but don’t normally check the LX4 forum (for example). If someone wants to see a black car sporting a Zaino shine, does it matter whether it’s an SC or a GS?

Why not just attend a meet? Of course, attend a meet if one’s available. But unfortunately, the date/time of a meet doesn’t always coincide with our impatience to see/hear some new “improvement” and empty our bank account (again).

Perhaps the logical place to go to hookup with someone in a geographically reasonable area would be the Regional ClubLexus Forums. Can’t expect that someone from the northeast or California will show up at Davenport Motors in Plano, Texas, Friday afternoon to see my CAB/SRT intake combination.

So then the problem becomes: how to encourage members (and lurkers) to visit the Regional forums often. Seems to me that the solution would be publicity. Maybe some stickies encouraging members to visit a sticky thread in their regional forum would work?

Just wanted to see if there’s any interest in something like this.
Old 02-27-04, 10:21 AM
JFlo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This sounds like a great idea to me. I would most def. enjoy this.
Old 02-27-04, 07:53 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Garnet,

We definitely want to encourage that exact activity in the regional forums. Members should feel free to post about local vendor questions, major planned meets and what I ususally call a 'mini meet' like you describe with just a couple of folks getting together.

Members can post either way:

- Hey anybody up to have an informal get together this Saturday in Plano?
or
- Anybody in the Dallas area use Zaino?

I want to do some testing, but I think it might be useful for members interested in meets to subscribe to their regional forum - may generate too many emails though.