IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Headlight Auto Function not working.

Old 03-29-17, 09:28 PM
ClubLUser
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Headlight Auto Function not working.

Anyone know some quick troubleshooting tips for the Auto Headlight function not working? (2014 IS350 F SPORT)

Lights function normally when cycling through manually, but wont turn on when its pitch black out.

the last things done to the vehicle was a Remote start (Fortin) was installed, and i installed some fog lights... maybe some wiring under the dash related to the auto sensor?

thanks,
Old 03-29-17, 09:42 PM
goldengame
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think there's a light sensitivity setting in the settings. You can try playing with that, but it sounds like there may be something funky with your wiring.
Old 03-30-17, 06:10 AM
ClubLUser
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PatrixUSA
Did the auto setting function properly prior to installing your remote starter and fog lights?

Reading that these items were installed, like goldengame, I suspect something is up with your wiring... but when this issue began in relation to remote start and fog light installation may shed some light on if they are related.
Yes I'm leaning towards a wiring issue, just wondering if someone has an idea where to look first. Maybe a wiring diagram or info if there is a fuse for that function.
Old 03-30-17, 12:18 PM
ClubLUser
Pole Position

Problem solved!

I contacted the installer and he said he had to remove the old starter which had random wires poking about so he cut them (all the added on wires). I went back to the steering wheel stalk and found the problem... The old system was put in series with the auto lights... Pink wire turns to blue at bottom left...
Other side of pink connection spliced with white. I just connected the white and blue. All good
Old 03-31-17, 03:20 PM
manchild
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ClubLUser
Problem solved!

I contacted the installer and he said he had to remove the old starter which had random wires poking about so he cut them (all the added on wires). I went back to the steering wheel stalk and found the problem... The old system was put in series with the auto lights... Pink wire turns to blue at bottom left...
Other side of pink connection spliced with white. I just connected the white and blue. All good
what kind of installer just cuts random wires!??!!!
Old 03-31-17, 09:21 PM
Viktimize
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by manchild
what kind of installer just cuts random wires!??!!!
they weren't random. He said they were from an old starter system. Sounds like whoever installed the last starter system did it wrong, and the new installer assumed that it was done correctly the first time.
Old 04-02-17, 06:19 PM
ClubLUser
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Viktimize
they weren't random. He said they were from an old starter system. Sounds like whoever installed the last starter system did it wrong, and the new installer assumed that it was done correctly the first time.
Yep, the old system was some Frankenstein thing with the old way where you stuff a spare key in there. I did like that it had a take over function, but now i can control it with my smartphone. The system acted up and stopped working so the new installer suggested replacing the whole thing.