Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

IS350 AWD w/ coils what camber kit options

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-17, 05:36 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts
Default IS350 AWD w/ coils what camber kit options

What's up,

Having a hard time digging through all of the threads about camber. Most people talk about RWD only.

I have RS*R Coils in the basement with spacers ready to install but I'd love to do it the right way the first go around and make sure camber will be in the correct specs after the drop. I'm not going super low but regardless. 2014 IS350 AWD, RS*R Coilovers.

Thanks for the help
Old 03-30-17, 05:34 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

anyone????
Old 04-01-17, 06:19 AM
Answer
Instructor

Received 818 Likes on 400 Posts

I'm running RSR Down's on my 350 and camber is still within specs!
Old 04-01-17, 06:47 AM
Napalvr
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Answer
I'm running RSR Down's on my 350 and camber is still within specs!
Have had mine for 2 yrs now and my alignment is still within specs 👍
Old 04-02-17, 02:12 PM
Intermediate

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm on RSR coilovers at about super down height. I just lowered it another 5mm. You'll love them and not miss AVS at all. They have been on in the fall and the collars loosed easily, no corrosion on the threads at all. I'e had mine on the car since late summer. The build quality is first class.

I wouldn't worry about camber, you want it if you are running spacers to reduce the chances of rubbing. Camber is more fun on turns.

From what I have read, people are sometimes rubbing with 25mm (even 20mm?) spacers in the rear on OEM tires that run a narrow contact patch are more tapered than what you'd replace it with when there are people in the back of the car or over some bumps.

I'd be more concerned with toe and look into a set of rear LCA arms like SPC so you don't scallop your tires.
The following users liked this post:
Ciggy (04-03-17)
Old 04-03-17, 05:41 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 387
I'm on RSR coilovers at about super down height. I just lowered it another 5mm. You'll love them and not miss AVS at all. They have been on in the fall and the collars loosed easily, no corrosion on the threads at all. I'e had mine on the car since late summer. The build quality is first class.

I wouldn't worry about camber, you want it if you are running spacers to reduce the chances of rubbing. Camber is more fun on turns.

From what I have read, people are sometimes rubbing with 25mm (even 20mm?) spacers in the rear on OEM tires that run a narrow contact patch are more tapered than what you'd replace it with when there are people in the back of the car or over some bumps.

I'd be more concerned with toe and look into a set of rear LCA arms like SPC so you don't scallop your tires.
Thank you for some valid information!!

It seems the 350 + AWD is a less popular combo on these forums and for modifying. I am happy to hear about your first hand experience and it makes me even more excited to get these installed.

I've come to the conclusion I will be purchasing SPC rear control arms to allow for adjustments in the rear. I also have 20/25mm spacers ready to go on at the same time. I may run a very slight bit of camber to avoid rubbing as you said however I want to make sure I can 100% get this thing aligned correctly while lowered. The control arms are only $300 for a pair I don't see a good reason to skip them.

I've resorted to driving my car daily in Sport+ /manual shift so I can enjoy a stiffer suspension but also shift at regular shift points. I can't wait to install the coils and have a tight suspension all the time.
Old 04-03-17, 10:58 AM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

The SPC rear control arms will allow you to get correctly aligned. They have a rather large adjustment range so even if you are slammed you will be good to go.
1-855-998-8726
Old 04-04-17, 05:58 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JM Auto Racing
The SPC rear control arms will allow you to get correctly aligned. They have a rather large adjustment range so even if you are slammed you will be good to go.
Awesome! thanks for the info appreciate it. They are expected to arrive tomorrow then I can get these parts installed.
Old 04-04-17, 02:40 PM
Answer
Instructor

Received 818 Likes on 400 Posts

BTW, front camber is adjustable in OEM form on the AWD platform.
Old 04-16-17, 12:47 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Napalvr
Have had mine for 2 yrs now and my alignment is still within specs 👍
that's the problem. Lexus spec sucks.
You would need less camber and zero toe.
Old 04-17-17, 05:00 AM
Napalvr
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by jkonquer
that's the problem. Lexus spec sucks.
You would need less camber and zero toe.
Just got an alignment before putting on summer wheels and have almost zero toe(.012) and front camber at -1.2 to -1.4 and both rear cambers are -2.3. I might have replied in the wrong section as I have RSR downs not coilovers. Car rides and handles fine(for my taste).
Old 04-17-17, 07:55 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

that's not bad for a lowered suspension, surprised nothing changed at all...

your toe is good but the camber should be backward, 2.3 in the front and 1.2 in the back. lol but in reality, less than 1.5 in the front and less than 1 should be ideal for the street.
Old 04-17-17, 08:08 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Here is my alignment from last week...2014 IS250 F-Sport on RSR Downs. Napalvr's specs seem about right.
Old 04-18-17, 07:48 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
Here is my alignment from last week...2014 IS250 F-Sport on RSR Downs. Napalvr's specs seem about right.
I've since purchase SPC rear control arms. Maybe I don't NEED them. But for the amount of money they cost I don't see a good argument against them.

What is the drop with RSR Downs? I will be staying very close to that height so my alignment really shouldn't be too much to worry about.
Old 04-18-17, 09:06 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Originally Posted by Ciggy
I've since purchase SPC rear control arms. Maybe I don't NEED them. But for the amount of money they cost I don't see a good argument against them.

What is the drop with RSR Downs? I will be staying very close to that height so my alignment really shouldn't be too much to worry about.
It's been a week and a couple days, and I'd say I definitely got an inch lower in the rear...maybe a touch more. The front is coming up to an inch...I have a feeling there is a tad more settling to be done, and I will likely end up with just an inch.
You can definitely see it in the rear.

Quick Reply: IS350 AWD w/ coils what camber kit options