Old 03-28-17, 11:57 AM
Curated Content Editor
CL Editor

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts
Default 5 Best Affordable Mods For the IS F

5 Best Affordable Mods For the IS F
By Brett Foote

The following 2 users liked this post by Curated Content Editor:
Bajanguy1 (03-28-17), JPxMODz (03-28-17)
Old 03-28-17, 12:01 PM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

This is the first I'm hearing about the ported intake manifold... so how's this the one of the best affordable mods? And if so why aren't more people trying/doing it?
Old 03-28-17, 12:09 PM
Curated Content Editor
CL Editor

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts

I'm guessing that affordability was all in the view of the author. Andy@Elite (Club Lexus vendor) was offering an intake manifold with plenum polishing for 800 plus shipping. Ported throttle body was for another hundo plus shipping, so go figure.

Here is the link to Elite Autosport's thread on the mod.
Old 03-28-17, 12:24 PM
Minh93
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mmmmmm..........straight pipe ������.
Old 03-28-17, 12:32 PM
JPxMODz
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

I was surprised to not see a hi-flo drop in panel filter listed. It would be cheaper than the five mods listed
Old 03-28-17, 12:41 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Curated Content Editor
I'm guessing that affordability was all in the view of the author. Andy@Elite (Club Lexus vendor) was offering an intake manifold with plenum polishing for 800 plus shipping. Ported throttle body was for another hundo plus shipping, so go figure.

Here is the link to Elite Autosport's thread on the mod.
Interesting....? Why did they close out that ^^^^^^^^^^thread so early? https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ttle-body.html
Thread only went 3 months then was closed.
Old 03-28-17, 12:54 PM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

thought the guy went defunct.

OP you're a little late to the party though.
Old 03-28-17, 12:59 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

4 words: Lower control arm bushing.
Old 03-28-17, 02:28 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I thought they proved that, at the time, that porting or honing the TB and intake manifold didn't make more power. Something to do with the computer and that the car would only take in so much air. It may be something to look back into now that the car can be tune.
Old 03-28-17, 02:42 PM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think my best mod was my JoeZ exhaust. By far the most bang for your buck!!
Old 03-28-17, 02:47 PM
ROYALISF
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't think those are the most affordable options but good choices nonetheless. I'd say muffler delete, AFE drop in, any of the intake piping options (Toms, RR, Figs) should be added to that list.
Old 03-28-17, 02:58 PM
Jondls33
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

LED interior lighting, $20 for the whole interior even puddle lights on amazon! makes the car so much classier, I cant believe I spent 35k on a car and it still had yellow interior bulbs lol
The following users liked this post:
supersonic (03-28-17)
Old 03-28-17, 04:40 PM
willstroo
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jondls33
LED interior lighting, $20 for the whole interior even puddle lights on amazon! makes the car so much classier, I cant believe I spent 35k on a car and it still had yellow interior bulbs lol
Can you throw up a link for me?
Old 03-28-17, 05:32 PM
i3urton
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

borla exhaust for me. and usrs.
Old 03-28-17, 10:21 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Some great options out there for us IS F owners, but in my experience and from what I have gathered on the forums over the years, those who are not content with springs end up purchasing coilovers anyway. An owner has to be settled with just a drop and nothing more. Some are, while others end up going either coilovers or air suspension. That being said, it shouldn't take up two of the five "most affordable" slots for IS F modding.

LED interior is cheap, simple, and adds a refreshed look to the same car. LEDs don't fade very fast, presuming they're installed correctly and while it doesn't add any performance, the aesthetics of it makes the purchase effective and beneficial to the owner and whomever is in the vehicle.

What isn't on this list, and what I thought should be (while not entirely the cheapest mods by any means) is the LSD. A simple change from the eLSD of the 2008-09 examples to a TORSEN factory or aftermarket such as ATS Carbon or OS Giken will have a profound effect in a performance perspective to the driver. Coupled with this should be the RR Racing USRS or FIGS Zero Deflect Precision LCAs. Again, driving dynamics will be that much more sharper with these mods, whether it be on the streets or at the track.

The one mod I wish I could do over again is the header/exhaust combo. I'm not referencing the manufacturers that are the piping underneath my F, but I'm talking about I should have done this installation together. Waiting so long (nearly a year or so in between installations), debating on whether it's necessary for my use of the F....the car awakens with these two once restrictive pieces. Free-flowing, power-driven, and head-turning are what come to mind with this combination for the F.

All in all, enjoy your F. Modded, stock, slightly modded, full track prep....however you want to change your F- I'd say do it! The forums just provide a good way to spend more money on the car to be honest, but the people here are very helpful and will provide insight at any instance to help a fellow F owner.

Quick Reply: 5 Best Affordable Mods For the IS F