GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Carbon Fiber Door Handle...PICS

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-17, 01:31 PM
JWBlakk
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Carbon Fiber Door Handle...PICS

Got some chrome door handle covers and had them wrapped in 5D Carbon Fiber. I couldn't find CF handle covers so had to make my own. I wanted handle covers instead of just wrapping the handles, so I could easily pop on and off depending on my mood haha. Now just waiting for my real CF mirror covers and spoiler to arrive to tie it all in. I'm usually not too big on carbon fiber accents and would've normally blacked out these accents but I actually like how the CF ties in the Anthracite color wheels...

Last edited by JWBlakk; 03-26-17 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-26-17, 01:44 PM
jdpdata
Instructor

Received 444 Likes on 305 Posts

Hotness! Looks great on your white car. Nice work!
Old 03-26-17, 01:46 PM
JWBlakk
Lead Lap

Thanks! I wasn't sure and sat on all of it for about a month and then decided to at least try it out. Must say I'm pleased for now.
Old 03-26-17, 01:50 PM
kamskeez
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Looks great, nice work. How secure are they?
Old 03-26-17, 02:04 PM
JWBlakk
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kamskeez
Looks great, nice work. How secure are they?
Thanks a lot! Maaaaannnn these things aren't going anywhere! I cleaned handles with alcohol and used a heat gun to heat up the handles and the 3M before installing. I tried with all my might and couldn't just pull them off. They also mold to the handles anyway without the tape so they're all good.
Old 03-26-17, 03:42 PM
aachowhan
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

I kinda wish I had gotten white. My GS is black and my god is it a dirt magnet. I can't even wash the car without having to wipe it down with 20 microfibers.
Old 03-26-17, 04:13 PM
JWBlakk
Lead Lap

Yeah I love white but don't let it fool ya, it picks up and shows tons of dirt too...especially on the bottom where the tires kick dirt up lol. White just doesn't show all the little dust.
Old 03-26-17, 06:46 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,134 Likes on 841 Posts

Thats a good look bro - looks black from far and has a nice finish when viewing up close
Old 03-27-17, 04:09 PM
TheWizard
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

There you go again with your crazy sideways pictures. I still have a kink in my neck from your last thread....wth
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ml#post9796591

I thought at first I wasn't going to like it, but I think it turned out well. Good job. Now go work on your picture taking skills....
Old 03-27-17, 04:39 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Very nice
Old 03-27-17, 05:16 PM
JWBlakk
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AJLex19
Thats a good look bro - looks black from far and has a nice finish when viewing up close
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by TheWizard
There you go again with your crazy sideways pictures. I still have a kink in my neck from your last thread....wth
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-4th-gen-2013-present/849449-weathertech-windows-visors-installed-pics.html

I thought at first I wasn't going to like it, but I think it turned out well. Good job. Now go work on your picture taking skills....
Haha! I know my picture taking skills suck. I got everything and thought I wouldn't like it either so hesitated. Must say I'm pleased how they came out...thanks!

Originally Posted by Seize
Very nice
Thanks a bunch!
Old 03-27-17, 06:18 PM
Dallasguy1
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Sweet 👌🏻would add a front bumper lip wrapped in carbon fiber. Would look very good.
Old 03-28-17, 02:22 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by JWBlakk
Got some chrome door handle covers and had them wrapped in 5D Carbon Fiber. I couldn't find CF handle covers so had to make my own. I wanted handle covers instead of just wrapping the handles, so I could easily pop on and off depending on my mood haha. Now just waiting for my real CF mirror covers and spoiler to arrive to tie it all in. I'm usually not too big on carbon fiber accents and would've normally blacked out these accents but I actually like how the CF ties in the Anthracite color wheels...

I see the car is coming along, any other planned mods for summer!
Old 03-28-17, 02:39 AM
Staggered3
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

That's a good look I just used some of the CF 5D wrap on my roof wing... it is pretty damn close to looking like real CF...
Old 03-28-17, 06:27 AM
JWBlakk
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dallasguy1
Sweet Ÿ‘ŒŸwould add a front bumper lip wrapped in carbon fiber. Would look very good.
Thanks! Appreciate it. Yeah I'm definitely adding a lip and am on the fence about it being CF. I also found a Skipper "type" lip that comes with a CF finish already! I just don't want to be one of those guys who overdoes the carbon fiber lol.

Originally Posted by bigblack06
I see the car is coming along, any other planned mods for summer!
Thanks man, trying to catch up to you guys Haha. I definitely have more planned in no particular order: Tint, Black out roof and roof spoiler, Drop, CF mirror covers on the way, front lip, CF spoiler (that'll be it for the CF...don't wanna overdo it haha), painted calipers with Lexus logo, exhaust, also have JDM window visors on the way, will eventually switch from 19" to 20" wheels with custom Lexus centers, Lexus tire valve caps, possibly white tire lettering (kinda scared to do this but it looked good on a few GSF's and F Sports I saw), and I'm sure I'll think of more along the way lol. Making this a slow build so that I will stay enthused for a while...plus the wife gets jealous when I do too much to the car too soon!

Originally Posted by Staggered3
That's a good look I just used some of the CF 5D wrap on my roof wing... it is pretty damn close to looking like real CF...
Thanks and I totally agree! Even the shop was shocked at how the CF look of the 5D wrap turned out, they normally use a matte CF wrap. Have a pic of the roof wing???

Last edited by JWBlakk; 03-28-17 at 10:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Door Handle...PICS