LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Finally!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-17, 06:50 AM
GHARP57
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Finally!!!

I finally have my LS in my possession! Carmax did a ****ty job not wiping off the cutting compound around the doors edges but it is clean! 2007 L with 87,357. They just replaced the right rear air strut and actuator because it was suspected rattling but there is still a rattling noise so I will be taking it back to them next week at some point (most likely monday)

Man do I love this thing! It is so smooth and comfortable, my wife has fallen in love with the rear seat and the space already. We have a newborn so I imagine she will spend quite a bit of time back there!
Attached Thumbnails Finally!!!-img_20170323_171509.jpg   Finally!!!-img_20170323_171517.jpg   Finally!!!-img_20170323_171524.jpg   Finally!!!-img_20170324_122628.jpg   Finally!!!-img_20170324_122635.jpg  

Finally!!!-img_20170324_122652.jpg   Finally!!!-img_20170324_122658.jpg   Finally!!!-img_20170324_122751.jpg   Finally!!!-img_20170324_122807.jpg   Finally!!!-img_20170324_122816.jpg  

Last edited by GHARP57; 03-24-17 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-24-17, 06:56 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by GHARP57
I finally have my LS in my possession! Carmax did a ****ty job not wiping off the cutting compound around the doors edges but it is clean! 2007 L with 87,357. They just replaced the right rear air strut and actuator because it was suspected rattling but there is still a rattling noise so I will be taking it back to them next week at some point (most likely monday)
Man do I love this thing! It is so smooth and comfortable, my wife has fallen in love with the rear seat and the space already. We have a newborn so I imagine she will spend quite a bit of time back there!
Congrats, Gharp57, on the beautiful car! It looks awesome. Post more pics inside and out as you explore the vehicle! It's an UltraLux, so you will have plenty of space and comfort in the rear seats for your family to enjoy! You will just have to make do with many years and miles of driving pleasure
Old 03-24-17, 07:05 AM
GHARP57
Rookie

Originally Posted by comotiger
Congrats, Gharp57, on the beautiful car! It looks awesome. Post more pics inside and out as you explore the vehicle! It's an UltraLux, so you will have plenty of space and comfort in the rear seats for your family to enjoy! You will just have to make do with many years and miles of driving pleasure
Will do Como! My wife has it this morning getting a bar code so we can access our gated community with it and I don't have to take a 7 miles detour !

Side note, does anyone use a rear seat cover that covers the whole area? We laid a towel down so the car seat wouldn't mar the leather since it is actually in decent shape. I was curious to what brand you went with, We also have 2 short hair dogs (40, and 50 lbs respectively that shed so I would like to keep this car as clean as possible.
Old 03-24-17, 09:45 AM
satiger
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Congrats!. Beautiful color combination.

Your leather seats are in great sharp. If you have kids/pets, you may want to be extra careful. However, I don't cover seats but clean them very often since I have kids.
Old 03-24-17, 09:53 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Huge congrats and your car looks gorgeous! Is that exterior BSP?? Hey Doublebase -- we got another BSP here in the forum!! Not many of us around...
I really like the contrast between the interior an exterior, and I've always thought that wood trim color was very elegant.
Regarding the back seats, my daughter is a bit distanced from being a new born (congrats on that also, what a blessing!!), but since I've had it, my daughter has gone from a larger baby seat to a booster. Some may consider it a bit of overkill, but I have 3 plush high thread count towels, once folded, stacked atop one another, then place(d) the once baby seat, now booster on top of that. When I clean the interior, I shake out and wash the towels and condition the leather beneath.
If I was to take a photo of the seats, one could never tell anyone ever sat there.
Now your pets... a good cover because the leather is pretty soft in the LS, and the vacuum will be your best friend!
Good luck and congrats!
Old 03-24-17, 10:09 AM
GHARP57
Rookie

Originally Posted by CRowe14
Huge congrats and your car looks gorgeous! Is that exterior BSP?? Hey Doublebase -- we got another BSP here in the forum!! Not many of us around...
I really like the contrast between the interior an exterior, and I've always thought that wood trim color was very elegant.
Regarding the back seats, my daughter is a bit distanced from being a new born (congrats on that also, what a blessing!!), but since I've had it, my daughter has gone from a larger baby seat to a booster. Some may consider it a bit of overkill, but I have 3 plush high thread count towels, once folded, stacked atop one another, then place(d) the once baby seat, now booster on top of that. When I clean the interior, I shake out and wash the towels and condition the leather beneath.
If I was to take a photo of the seats, one could never tell anyone ever sat there.
Now your pets... a good cover because the leather is pretty soft in the LS, and the vacuum will be your best friend!
Good luck and congrats!
Thanks CRowe, Yes it is BSP I absolutely love white and blue cars. This was the only L in Blue in all of Carmax's inventory (that wasn't $35-50k). I also lucked out because it had the light interior (I don't care for black, and gray is a boring and bland interior choice). I appreciate the input on the rear seat options, we had a huge beach towel that I folded over a few times onto its self but I may get some nicer towels that match the interior color a little bit better as well to do it how you do it. Yeah the seat cover is something I am going to do research on because I really want to protect it from my dogs, especially my American Staff/ Jap Spitz mix (He essentially is a 40lb pitbull) he has really curved nails and is inner nail gets really sharp and pointy. So far in my wife's '12 SE Camry we have, he hasn't punctured it but we also usually lay a blanket down for them to lay on. Thank you for the congratulations he is a wonder and a joy to have! I couldn't have seen myself being a father a few years ago (I made her wait), but now I know I am ready.
Old 03-24-17, 10:48 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts

Looks great and is totally loaded! It looks like it's optioned pretty much identically to my 2008 LS600hL, except for the rear seat entertainment option (most of the 600s had that, but very few of the 460Ls).

You'll want to invest in some new Lexus floor mats. They don't cost all that much, and can make a huge difference in an older car. Also, if you don't already know, the best place to buy Lexus parts/accessories seems to be Lexus Parts World. If you use the Club Lexus Coupon Code CL5, you'll get an extra 10% discount. Lexus makes an ultra-plush floor mat that some of us have bought -- the carpet is so think and plush you want to drive your car barefoot!

Enjoy this amazing flagship sedan, and welcome to the best forum around!
Old 03-24-17, 11:07 AM
GHARP57
Rookie

Originally Posted by riknchar
Looks great and is totally loaded! It looks like it's optioned pretty much identically to my 2008 LS600hL, except for the rear seat entertainment option (most of the 600s had that, but very few of the 460Ls).

You'll want to invest in some new Lexus floor mats. They don't cost all that much, and can make a huge difference in an older car. Also, if you don't already know, the best place to buy Lexus parts/accessories seems to be Lexus Parts World. If you use the Club Lexus Coupon Code CL5, you'll get an extra 10% discount. Lexus makes an ultra-plush floor mat that some of us have bought -- the carpet is so think and plush you want to drive your car barefoot!

Enjoy this amazing flagship sedan, and welcome to the best forum around!
Thanks riknchar, I love it. Working for a Toyota dealer I called our Local dealer to see what he could do. The regular mats are discontinued but the plush ones are available. I might price shop against each other to get the best price possible! Thanks!

I was having color samples of Lloyds ultra plush to see and I will compare to see which I like better!
Old 03-24-17, 11:20 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

Awesome. What a great looking car. Enjoy!
Old 03-24-17, 11:34 AM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Congrats! Nice color combination and chrome wheels. Its loaded with dynamic cruise and rear passenger climate control. Drive and enjoy your luxurious, comfortable, and reliability LS 460.
Old 03-24-17, 03:35 PM
DavidinCT
Racer

Received 195 Likes on 147 Posts

Congrats! You got the dynamic cruse too ! Nice find !

I've tried a LS460 and a LS460L, no question the L is what I am getting....

Good luck with it !
Old 03-24-17, 05:12 PM
FatherTo1
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts

Congratulations, Gharp, for a fine car! I agree with CRowe, love that contrast of interior/exterior colors and the tone of the wood is indeed very elegant. We don't have a towel nor seat protector beneath our daughter's car seat. I keep going back and forth about putting one down or not. When I transferred the carseat from an LS 430 the leather still looked just as good after a year of car seat use. I always make sure the bottom of the car seat is clean before I install it. Wishing you and your family many safe, comfortable, and trouble-free miles! Man, I do love that 'L' UltraLux combo. Very nice, Gharp!
Old 03-24-17, 11:43 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Congrats!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-27-17, 04:21 AM
GHARP57
Rookie

Thank you everyone on the congratulations, well wishes, and insights. It is with much despair that I report this morning my ML amp bit the dust. Thankfully it hasnt even been 5 days yet from Carmax but I will be taking it to them and they should replace it for free for me so good news there.

Other good news, I took it on my 1st trip this weekend to NoVa and man this car was amazing and a dream to drive. I even average 28mpg on the ride up and the ride back! I might have gotten a little less mpg cruising around Dumfries and Woodbridge but the main travel periods it was fantastic. This will easily become our long distance travel vehicle.

I hope you all have a good Monday morning!
Old 03-27-17, 09:01 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Very nice! Let us know how the amp replacement goes. Hopefully, this will be the only issue you'll have for a while.

Quick Reply: Finally!!!