LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

LX570 several issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-17, 09:31 PM
dranjan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LX570 several issue

I am a first time Lexus owner and very recently have bought a LX570 (2015) precertified for my wife's birthday. I have run in to several issue since purchase and the dealer is totally unhelpful. My issues are as follows:
1. the steering wheel is too stiff and the SUV pulls to the right. this combination causes quick hand / arm fatigue
2. Homelink is unprogrammable. I have tried owners manual word for word and then several YouTube instructions, without help. Then I saw that when I push the buttions it flashes red, while in YouTube it was flashing green. I pointed it out to the dealer. He says it is OK, keep trying. I have now tried at least 6-7 times on several days, nothing doing.
3.Dynamic cruise control turns itself off if it is raining frequently
4. Blue tooth looses connection with my mobile devices often during use (to the point that now I have resigned to using auxiliary wired input)
5. the cruise rage computer is about 100 miles off, so much so that I am convinced that the tank is 18G capacity. I allowed it to go to showing cruise range of
Old 03-20-17, 03:58 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 498 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by dranjan
I am a first time Lexus owner and very recently have bought a LX570 (2015) precertified for my wife's birthday. I have run in to several issue since purchase and the dealer is totally unhelpful. My issues are as follows:
1. the steering wheel is too stiff and the SUV pulls to the right. this combination causes quick hand / arm fatigue
2. Homelink is unprogrammable. I have tried owners manual word for word and then several YouTube instructions, without help. Then I saw that when I push the buttions it flashes red, while in YouTube it was flashing green. I pointed it out to the dealer. He says it is OK, keep trying. I have now tried at least 6-7 times on several days, nothing doing.
4. Blue tooth looses connection with my mobile devices often during use (to the point that now I have resigned to using auxiliary wired input)
5. the cruise rage computer is about 100 miles off, so much so that I am convinced that the tank is 18G capacity. I allowed it to go to showing cruise range of
1) The steering is hydraulic and not electric so it will require a bit more effort but has the advantage of giving you feedback while driving. Pulling in one direction or another is not acceptable and Lexus should fix this if it was certified.
2) Let Lexus help you program your HomeLink
3) Well know problem as water on the sensor causes it to stop working
4) Again Lexus should be or help if Certified
5) Every LX I have owned holds around 20 when showing empty. There is a 4 gallon "reserve"
Old 03-20-17, 10:02 PM
TeCKis300
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

1) Get her re-aligned. The steering is tuned heavier on this model but not overly so IMO.
2) Your homelink issue might actually be your garage opener. It may have reached it's transmitter program limit and you need to clear it's memory.
5) The range-o-meter is very conservative on this model. Well known that you go 40-60 miles past 0 miles range.

Old 03-21-17, 01:45 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Have alignment checked...if dealer can't fix the pulling to the right, find a good alignment shop.

Find your garage door manual. My garage door guy was out for a 3-year checkup and programmed my LC to 3 doors in about 10 minutes.

Normal, as has been posted. You should get a message on the center display that its unavailable.

I ignore the "cruising range" completely. I simply reset the "A" odometer setting whenever I fill up. I add about 250 miles to that and know when I need to fill next.

Tank capacity is 24.6 gallons...same as a Jeep Cherokee, 1-1/2 gallons less than a Tahoe or Escalade.
Old 03-23-17, 02:28 PM
REDHORSE
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

The likely solution to your home link programming is a weak battery in your garage door remote. I had this problem and called Home Link and that was their suggestion. Installed new batteries in the remote and it worked fine.
Old 03-24-17, 01:19 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

???? Garage door opener remote???

The OP is trying to program his LX to his garage door opener so he can open/close the garage door with the homelink on his LX. The "receiver' on the garage door openers does not have a battery and is usually hardwired and plugged into the electric socket.

Originally Posted by REDHORSE
The likely solution to your home link programming is a weak battery in your garage door remote. I had this problem and called Home Link and that was their suggestion. Installed new batteries in the remote and it worked fine.
Old 03-24-17, 01:45 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexusrus
???? Garage door opener remote???

The OP is trying to program his LX to his garage door opener so he can open/close the garage door with the homelink on his LX. The "receiver' on the garage door openers does not have a battery and is usually hardwired and plugged into the electric socket.
you program the HomeLink with the remote which needs a good battery to supply the home link with a good signal.
Old 03-24-17, 10:25 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

That's a negative. At least for LiftMaster and Genie garage door openers. There is a program button on the garage door opener itself (you will need a ladder to reach it up mounted on the ceiling). You'll have to press it and then go to your car and press one of the "free" Homelink button on the rearview mirror. Yes you can use the clicky remote for the garage door opener, but why risk the chance and frustration that the clicky WAS not programed correctly in the first place? And your car "learning" from a wrong clicky remote with the wrong codes?

To the OP...... You might also needed to clear the memory on your car's homelink buttons as they maybe full with the wrong codes

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
you program the HomeLink with the remote which needs a good battery to supply the home link with a good signal.
Old 03-24-17, 11:00 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

That's a negative. At least for LiftMaster and Genie garage door openers. There is a program button on the garage door opener itself (you will need a ladder to reach it up mounted on the ceiling). You'll have to press it and then go to your car and press one of the "free" Homelink button on the rearview mirror. Yes you can use the clicky remote for the garage door opener, but why risk the chance and frustration that the clicky WAS not programed correctly in the first place? And your car "learning" from a wrong clicky remote with the wrong codes?

To the OP...... You might also needed to clear the memory on your car's homelink buttons as they maybe full with the wrong codes
Not everyone has a "rolling code" garage door opener, so that is not a negative.

I have three garage door openers and I always program them with just the remotes, nothing else. No ladder needed for mine, I just programmed my 2017 LX a few days ago. I have done this for near 15 different Lexus and there has never been " frustration that the clicky WAS not programed correctly" LOL!

Last edited by ggebhardt; 03-24-17 at 11:15 AM.
Old 03-24-17, 12:25 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Rolling code vs. non-rolling code openers...

In both cases, the opener's remote is needed to program Homelink. This is Step #1: holding the corresponding button in the vehicle while transmitting with the remote. If you have a non-rolling code opener, you are done.

IF you have a rolling code opener, there is a Step #2: get on a ladder, push the "Learn" button, go back to the car and push the Homelink button. At that point, there will be flashing of some sort, typically from both the Homelink light AND the garage door opener, indicating "mission accomplished".

This is it - just did it on our 2017 LX a couple weeks ago...
The following users liked this post:
ggebhardt (03-24-17)
Old 03-24-17, 06:36 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There is a problem with Toyota and Lexus. When I bought a new Highlander and tried to program to Homelink from garage opener (remote), I read the manual .....new battery is needed in the garage opener in order to program it. Still it did not, but I used the ladder to push "learn" button in order to the signal to recognize it, but finally it worked. LX is the same.

I still have problem programming Homelink to the community gate opener.

On the order hand, my new Honda Ridgeline has no problem and I can also use Homelink to open the community gate.

So any suggestion to make Homelink to link it to community gate opener?
Old 03-24-17, 06:53 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

I think that all Homelink garage/gate openers are mady by the same company and most car manufacturers use them. So there should not be a big difference between them. The problem is the patents so there is no competition from other manufacturers.
Old 03-24-17, 08:21 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

IDK about non-rolling code units. I've always had rolling code units. The rolling code units add another layer of security. But nothing is totally secure bc it is transmitting a radio signal and these units are mass produced. That's why one should have a motion and/or door sensors for the garage door/area. One of the most common areas for bad guys to hide and break in. .....Sorry I digressed....

I know it is possible to program (rolling and non rolling) the homelink to our Lexus vehicles with just the remote clicky.

All I'm saying is one way to eliminate any possibility of a weak battery in the remote clicky frustration is to use a ladder and go up and press the button. I've done this over more than a dozen times over the years on our Lift Master garage door openers without the need of the remote clicky.

Not everyone has a "rolling code" garage door opener, so that is not a negative.

I have three garage door openers and I always program them with just the remotes, nothing else. No ladder needed for mine, I just programmed my 2017 LX a few days ago. I have done this for near 15 different Lexus and there has never been " frustration that the clicky WAS not programed correctly" LOL!
Old 03-25-17, 03:46 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

IDK about non-rolling code units. I've always had rolling code units. The rolling code units add another layer of security. But nothing is totally secure bc it is transmitting a radio signal and these units are mass produced. That's why one should have a motion and/or door sensors for the garage door/area. One of the most common areas for bad guys to hide and break in. .....Sorry I digressed....

I know it is possible to program (rolling and non rolling) the homelink to our Lexus vehicles with just the remote clicky.

All I'm saying is one way to eliminate any possibility of a weak battery in the remote clicky frustration is to use a ladder and go up and press the button. I've done this over more than a dozen times over the years on our Lift Master garage door openers without the need of the remote clicky.
All in am saying is that all garage door openers are not the same. I have used both and there is no ladder required with mine and security is handled by my security system that is remotely recording your movement till the police or I arrive.

Gargae doors offer little security, I know people who with a laptop and black box can open any garage door, no matter what system they use, in less than a few minutes.

I am done here and do not wish to argue.

Last edited by ggebhardt; 03-25-17 at 08:30 AM.
Old 03-25-17, 10:22 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

All in am saying is that all garage door openers are not the same. I have used both and there is no ladder required with mine and security is handled by my security system that is remotely recording your movement till the police or I arrive.

Gargae doors offer little security, I know people who with a laptop and black box can open any garage door, no matter what system they use, in less than a few minutes.

I am done here and do not wish to argue.

I'm so happy to hear you are done. 😁😁👍

Quick Reply: LX570 several issue