GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Just six days after buying my 2014 F-Sport ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-17, 02:56 PM
NetEditor
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just six days after buying my 2014 F-Sport ...

While making a left turn, I heard screeching tires. Before I knew it, the car came barreling from my right. The woman was smiling until she noticed the look on my face (we ended up parallel to each other facing opposite directions). As I found a safe place to pulling into, the driver and passenger switched spots, and then drove away into a parking lot on the opposite side. Two helpful people attempted to see if they were still there, but they were gone.

What I loved most about the car was the condition it was in as a CPO. Sigh.
Old 02-25-17, 03:02 PM
rijc99
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

California? Sounds about right.

Sucks but that's life in California. But hey, soon we'll have a nice bullet train running on slow rail to Merced.

Hope you and the frame are ok.

Last edited by rijc99; 02-25-17 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-25-17, 04:11 PM
kamskeez
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Wow that is terrible to see and hear. Were you or anybody able to get a license plate number?

Any damage to frame? Can you tell if it pushed the bumper support?
Old 02-25-17, 07:32 PM
aachowhan
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

This is why I have a dash camera in all my cars. Cheap insurance policy for things like this happen. Sorry hear about your car man
Old 02-25-17, 07:35 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Sorry to hear that. My brand new $52k Highlander with 6k miles has been out of commission for 2 weeks after being hit by an uninsured motorist. I really feel for you.
Old 02-26-17, 03:57 AM
Dallasguy1
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Story of people living in CA and TX , hit and run is very very common in this part of town.
Old 02-26-17, 04:22 AM
RA051823
Intermediate

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Sorry to hear. It appears to be an easy fix though. Glad you are ok!
Old 02-26-17, 10:33 AM
NetEditor
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dan87951
Sorry to hear. It appears to be an easy fix though. Glad you are ok!
Crossing my fingers that it's just body damage, although I can tell the hood is misaligned.
Old 02-26-17, 10:55 AM
Handi
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to hear this, I am sure they are extremely nice people and just trying to make a good life for their self and family.
I'm going to guess both of the frame rails in front of the cross member are going to be bent.
I hope for the best for you.
Good Luck

I used to have a dash camera and seeing this is enough to get another one to at least have video prof of what happens.
Old 02-26-17, 08:56 PM
rijc99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Handi
Sorry to hear this, I am sure they are extremely nice people and just trying to make a good life for their self and family.
I'm going to guess both of the frame rails in front of the cross member are going to be bent.
Good Luck

I used to have a dash camera and seeing this is enough to get another one to at least have video prof of what happens.
Why and how can you be sure they're extremely nice people? We're talking about 2 people who made a conscious decision to run after causing an accident. Extremely nice people would've stayed at the scene and checked if anyone was hurt by their actions, taken responsibility for the harm they have done and to make sure that the person they harmed is compensated properly. If they didn't have insurance they could have offered to pay out of their pocket. OP probably has full coverage including uninsured motorist protection but uninsured motorist coverage isn't required so had they hit someone without that coverage they could've potentially put someone in great financial risk especially if they were injured. Their actions today shows they are not great people.

In California anyone can get a driver licenses and insurance to go with it. Liability insurance is cheap here. They elected to get neither.

Had anyone of us done this and then came here to brag about how we ran from the scene of an accident without checking if anyone was injured we'd be railed by the entire forum. Why should these 2 deserve different treatment?

Last edited by rijc99; 02-26-17 at 09:13 PM.
Old 02-27-17, 07:07 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 530 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by Handi
Good Luck

Extremely nice people! Huh??????????
Old 02-27-17, 08:33 AM
phins2rt
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Handi, you forgot to use the sarcasm tag in your post. Some people take this stuff quite literally.

/sarcasm
Old 02-27-17, 09:40 AM
rijc99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by phins2rt
Handi, you forgot to use the sarcasm tag in your post. Some people take this stuff quite literally.

/sarcasm
Hopefully it's sarcasm. But there are a lot of people who do truly think that way. Especially in my home state of CA.
Old 02-27-17, 06:21 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts

build the wall.
The following 2 users liked this post by joedaddy1:
corpnupe85 (03-02-17), UDel (03-08-17)
Old 02-28-17, 08:51 AM
Handi
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It is totally sarcasm. Thanks to (phins2rt) for seeing it.
The reason I said they were "extremely nice people" was because the OP (NetEditor) said she was smiling so I assumed she would be a nice.
But the rest of the sentence should of been a big clue that it was sarcasm.
I have been "hit and run" and the officer told me "Sorry but there isn't a very good chance they will be caught, good thing you have full coverage"
I have had a lot of energy towards this kind of stuff but there are so many others that do not see it as I do, or some others.
So what can be done? If you speak out then people yell back twice as loud about not giving people a chance in these tough times.
I work in North East Dallas and when you get in this area about 20% of the cars have "Temp Plates" and the plastic bag looks to be 6 months old.
So I am on guard when driving around my work area just because I don't expect them to have insurance.
Any time someone is in an accident it is a big hassle no matter who has insurance, worse when it is a hit and run. Hopefully they will be found and pay their due.
Sorry for raising your blood pressure, rijc99 and charley95.
joedaddy1, I agree with you.

Quick Reply: Just six days after buying my 2014 F-Sport ...