LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Are You Interested in a 2010 LS460 AWD 35,000 Miles

Old 02-24-17, 01:27 PM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Received 419 Likes on 311 Posts
Default Are You Interested in a 2010 LS460 AWD 35,000 Miles SOLD

Wanted to see if there way any interested in my 87 year old friends 2010 LS460 AWD? Here is the deal. My friend bought it new from Lexus of Tulsa back in Aug/Sep of 2010. She is now in a home and her attorney/guardian has decided to sell the car. I am not sure of the exact mileage but I took it to Lexus of Tulsa for service back in Aug of 2015 and it had 31,332 miles on it. I then took my friend in a wheel chair back to Ohio State in Columbus, OH for one last Ohio State Football game (that is where she got her Masters and PHD).I am guessing it has somewhere between 34 and 36K on it. It has always been in the garage and she had it serviced either at the Local Toyota dealer for oil changes etc or I took it to Tulsa for her. It has not been driven in the last 15 months but has been started once a month. I believe a new battery was installed in Nov/Dec 2016. In a file at her house is all the service records from the Toyota dealer. I have copy of the window sticker and will list all the options below. Her attorney has to take bids on it so I cannot say they will take X. As far as I know only myself and one other person have been advised they are going to sell it. Here is the info on it.

VIN: JTHCL5EFXA5007930

Exterior Color: Starfire Pearl

Interior Color: Parchment

Options: Comfort Package, Cold Weather Package, Luxury Value Edition (19 Speaker ML Premium Sound Sys) Nav etc., Accy Package

Full time all wheel drive, AVS Suspension (air), VCRS Electronic Power Steering.

It came with the 18 inch 5 spoke alloy wheels but she did not like them so she had them upgraded to the chrome version. I do not know the DOT Code on the tires but I do know she replaced them with another set of the Bridgestones (235/50R18) that it came with 3 or 4 years ago?. They might have 12-15K on them. She also had the Paint Protection Film installed on the front when it was new so no rock chips. It has never been in any accident or even fender scraps. She had extended the warranty through Toby in LA before the 4 years was up. I do not know if this is transferable or not (I think it went out to 75K). She had planed to get a 2015 but I talked her out of it as she was only in the high 20's at that time and her health was starting to go south. I don't think she had driven the car since some time in 2014. Either I or her care taker drove her. I do not have any pictures as I do not have access to her house if there is any interest I am sure I could get with her attorney who is also my attorney and find out the exact mileage. This was her 3rd LS and his name was Brutus after the Ohio State Buckeyes. She loved Brutus and always took great care of him.

PS: The service records done at Lexus of Tulsa are on the Lexus Driver Web site.

Dennis

Last edited by DJWLDW; 09-05-17 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Car sold
Old 02-24-17, 02:59 PM
Natelw
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you have any idea what they would be asking?
Old 02-24-17, 03:37 PM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Natelw. I don't. I believe that the attorney is using info off of Edmunds .com to get pricing info for what the car is worth.

It is AWD car. The tag on the trunk says " LS 460 AWD. I am not sure what the deal is on Lexus Drivers about the place mats? The New Car Sales Manger was driving the car as his demo when MA bought it. I think it had 6-7k on it when she bought it. That was the 3rd LS she bought from Lexus of Tulsa.

I know it has 18 inch wheels on it and I know they are chrome. I thought I remembered MA telling me she had upgraded the rims to the chrome version? I was in Baraboo, WI in 2010 so I was not here when she bought it. I have not seen the car up close other than through the garage window when I check the house for her since Nov/Dec of 15. She went in the Home in Jan 16 and it has been in the garage ever since. As far as a PPI I don't know what to say. The nearest Lexus Dealership is Tulsa, OK. The car is near Bentonville, AR. I can tell you it is 135 miles to the Lexus shop in Tulsa. Not sure how her attorney would fill about letting it be driven to Tulsa and back? I would guess if you made an offer contingent upon an inspection that was accepted getting it over to Tulsa could be arranged. Again I am guessing as I have not authority to state that as fact.

Dennis

Last edited by DJWLDW; 02-24-17 at 03:52 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 02-24-17, 04:49 PM
Natelw
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Thanks for the info

Thanks but I would need to see some pics of this guy before I could possibly make a contingent offer. If the attorney wants to PM pics that is cool. Thanks again.
Old 02-24-17, 05:21 PM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Natelw

I will see what I can do next week about getting some pictures and the exact mileage. I will call her attorney Monday and see what I can get set up. My letter does not even tell me when to have the bid in by?

Dennis
Old 02-27-17, 11:32 AM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Will take pictures on Wednesday around 4pm. Will try and post later on Wednesday. Will get exact mileage at that time.

Dennis
Old 02-27-17, 12:07 PM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts

Looks like Private Party value for the car on Edmunds is around $24K. I'm guessing this one will sell at a discount, since it part of an estate and is not being actively marketed. Lots of unknowns/risk involved for whoever buys it (especially if a PPI is not possible), but also lots of potential to get a low-mileage pampered car for a bargain price. I'd personally be wanting to get the car at around $20K, given the inherent risks. Perhaps slightly more, if a more thorough inspection can be done by a third party. Seems like someone may get a great car at a good price, and this is the right place to attract the right potential buyers... Just my 2 cents...
Old 02-27-17, 01:34 PM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 335 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by DJWLDW
Will take pictures on Wednesday around 4pm. Will try and post later on Wednesday. Will get exact mileage at that time.

Dennis
Dennis,
Not sure if you're posting pics or doing via PM, but if PM please include me. I sent you a PM several days back but didn't hear from you (although you answered most of my questions in a post within this forum).

Thanks,
Old 02-27-17, 02:06 PM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

Dennis, I remember you writing about your friend and her LS in previous posts. I am sorry to hear her condition doesn't allow to use the car any more. She obviously is an esteemed Lexus enthusiast. Imagine upgrading to the chrome wheels, I'm picturing the little old lady from Pasadena!

My guess is someone is going to get a real cream puff at a more than fair price. Good luck to her with the sale.
Old 02-27-17, 03:06 PM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

I just spoke with Toby at Lexus of Shreveport who MA bought her extended warranty from. She bought the 8 year 75,000 coverage when it had 27,001 miles on it. So the car has about 18 months left on the coverage and Toby tells me that it is transferable. I did not ask when she bought it but I remember it was Mid 2014 because I believe the in service date was August 2010 I believe and I talked her into extending the warranty. before her 4 years was up. Toby told me there was no charge for transferring the warranty just needed to call Lexus financial services and they would send out a form to transfer the warranty.

Dennis
Old 02-27-17, 05:16 PM
Junglequac
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

That would appear to be the perfect car for Fatherto1 as the gussied up SWB he was going to buy fell through. If memory serves, that is the exact color combo he wanted and he stated a preference for AWD.
The following users liked this post:
FatherTo1 (03-06-17)
Old 02-28-17, 01:17 PM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Sounds like this is a really really mint car, with a VSA still in effect makes this low risk.
Old 02-28-17, 02:27 PM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

I will post the pictures in this thread (if I can figure out how) as soon as I get them. I try to answer everyone's questions that are sent to me via PM in this thread. There is a file folder that I made for MA several years ago that has all the receipts and records of all the maintenance items that were done at the local Toyota dealership. I will ask her attorney if she can find it in MA's file cabinet. Anyone have any tips that I can use to post the pictures here in this thread as soon as I get them?

Dennis
Old 02-28-17, 02:41 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by DJWLDW
I will post the pictures in this thread (if I can figure out how) as soon as I get them. Anyone have any tips that I can use to post the pictures here in this thread as soon as I get them? Dennis
Dennis, I went thru the FAQs and found the link that provides detailed instructions on pasting images in your replies. Here it is.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...b3_attachments

Either use the "Manage Attachments" button below the text box or the "Image" icon to the left of the smileyface icon above the text box to attach image files. If you hover your cursor over these icons, you will see a description of the icon, so you can't miss the "Image" icon. Make sure you save the images on your computer's hard drive before you attempt to attach them to your message. Good luck!
Old 02-28-17, 03:32 PM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

AC

Thanks for the tip

Dennis

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Are You Interested in a 2010 LS460 AWD 35,000 Miles