IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF Headers and exhaust vs RCF stock

Old 02-23-17, 09:31 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts
Default ISF Headers and exhaust vs RCF stock

Don't know if anyone has seen this video but this is why I think many of us have kept our ISF. I'm not bashing RCF, I like they way it looks and tech I'm fan of car and was rooting for it to be beast but the weight of car especially being N/A in this forced induction world that we now live in along the Frankenstein nature of chassis didn't help it. GSF better sorted car but way down on power and now LC500 they seems to have gotten this car right except for once again the lack of power? 470hp, 3 more hours than RCF and GSF what is Lexus thinking. To keep it N/A they needed to increase displacement from 5.0 to 5.7 or better with weight of over 4000lbs. Once again Lexus being ultra conservative. They have winner with LC500 but it needs some sort of forced injection if they truly want to compete in current world market especially with 100k price tag. It hard to believe that 9yr old ISF with some simple bolt on mods and tune through in some suspension tweaks and good set of tire and your competitive with one of them and out performing 2 of them, add in RR Racing SC and it's game over for all 3.
Old 02-23-17, 09:54 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Seems about right as being lighter has it's advantage plus with headers and exhaust, the ISF is making nearly as much as the stock RCF. That seems like a good run though - the ISF driver mentioned didn't beat it by much. Add an exhaust to the RCF and it'll be a driver's race.
Old 02-23-17, 10:10 PM
moleb
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Race

ISF had a passenger as well. The weight difference was negated.
Old 02-23-17, 10:23 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

people wanting an ISF in a nice 2 door coupe, the rcf is there to fill the void since 2015. RCF has a quieter cabin by far, better interior and gadgets, better audio, nicer engine bay. if you are only into speed, maybe sure , you'll be happy in the ISF. I don't think many will know how much better the RCF is until it gets cheaper to attain for them. Reminds me of the M3 forum every time a newer model comes out.

ill also leave this here.

Old 02-23-17, 10:29 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by moleb
ISF had a passenger as well. The weight difference was negated.
To be fair, we also don't know if the RCF had a passenger.

I'm not here to start ISF vs RCF debate because that debate always occurs. I'm just saying I've raced more than my fair share of ISFs, so I know exactly how a stock RCF compares and how a RCF with exhaust compares. I've raced couple full bolt on ISFs numerous of times (Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Tune) and my RCF with exhaust is head to head with them.
Old 02-24-17, 04:25 AM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Last edited by Gearbangin; 02-24-17 at 08:42 AM.
Old 02-24-17, 04:40 AM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gearbangin
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pIrkI7lHzAs
Yup, I've seen your video with RCF500. Can't really explain it why the results are different with my cars vs FBO ISFs. I also have numerous of videos myself of me vs FBO ISFs. That video is me vs 2 FBO ISFs (you can barely hear the honk but it's definitely there).

My best friend has an ISF and this is how we compared:

Stock RCF vs ISF with Exhaust and Intake - We were even each and every match (we've done over 30 runs). With maybe a slight advantage for the ISF as I weigh an additional 90 lbs more than he does.
Stock RCF vs ISF (Intake/Exhaust/Headers) - No competition. ISF Clearly faster.
RCF with Exhaust vs ISF (Intake/Exhaust/Headers/Tune) - Very close - driver race.
Old 02-24-17, 04:59 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Weapon F
LC500 they seems to have gotten this car right except for once again the lack of power? 470hp, 3 more hours than RCF and GSF what is Lexus thinking.
They're probably thinking they're going to save something for the LC F.
Old 02-24-17, 06:24 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

That first video made me cringe. Reason I have the IS-F is I need 4 doors for my family. No way I'd want the RC-F with a family. Maybe when the kids get older I wouldn't mind getting into an RC-F
Old 02-24-17, 06:46 AM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts

at least she let you have fun playing around...my wife is like "ni lo intentes, menso..."
Old 02-24-17, 08:53 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

try racing one with 19 inch wheels, I'm positive the outcome would be better for the rc-f. i know for a fact, if you slap 20s , even lightweight, on the ISF, it turns into a slow car.
Old 02-24-17, 09:30 AM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Lets Drive
They're probably thinking they're going to save something for the LC F.
I would luv to see LCF, perhaps Toyota and BMW new partnership building new Supra and Z4 platform they get some BMW experience with high performance turbo Tech. That's what LCF would need in order to stay competitive.
Old 02-24-17, 09:49 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 666 Likes on 589 Posts

Nice!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 02-24-17, 10:16 AM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
people wanting an ISF in a nice 2 door coupe, the rcf is there to fill the void since 2015. RCF has a quieter cabin by far, better interior and gadgets, better audio, nicer engine bay. if you are only into speed, maybe sure , you'll be happy in the ISF. I don't think many will know how much better the RCF is until it gets cheaper to attain for them. Reminds me of the M3 forum every time a newer model comes out.

ill also leave this here.
"I'll also leave this here" Haha
10-4 on the M3 forum! Those debates rage for years. RCFs are badass cars and faster than ours out of the box. ALL RCs have a nicer, newer interior over ours. 100 fold. People rag on their weight and chassis design... I thumbs up every time I see one. Just brothers in the same club.
Old 02-24-17, 12:10 PM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Weapon F
I would luv to see LCF, perhaps Toyota and BMW new partnership building new Supra and Z4 platform they get some BMW experience with high performance turbo Tech. That's what LCF would need in order to stay competitive.
Not to detract from your thread too much, but Toyota has filed the trademark.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield...806:w426dq.7.1

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ISF Headers and exhaust vs RCF stock