IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Looking to Purchased Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-17, 03:49 PM
IS250Alvin
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking to Purchased Coilovers

Currently running lowering springs, but I want something more.... Looking to purchase coilovers, new or used. DM Me.
Old 02-19-17, 06:30 PM
EMOgs3
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You should post in 3rd gen is classified forum either rwd or awd
Old 02-20-17, 01:28 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

We can keep this thread here since the OP is looking for recommendations.

Depends your budget. BC Coils are good and relatively affordable. You also have Apexi but twice the price and a couple others. Both of these have adjustable dampers in terms of compression/rebound rates.

I went with Neo Motorsports, non-adjustable "blue" model as they fit my budget and staff/service have been very friendly and responsive. They are also local to me which is a plus. We'll see how they perform... I will be installing them later in March closer to Spring and will report on them at that time.

Old 02-20-17, 04:17 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2

Depends your budget. BC Coils are good and relatively affordable. You also have Apexi but twice the price and a couple others. Both of these have adjustable dampers in terms of compression/rebound rates.

I went with Neo Motorsports, non-adjustable "blue" model as they fit my budget and staff/service have been very friendly and responsive. They are also local to me which is a plus. We'll see how they perform... I will be installing them later in March closer to Spring and will report on them at that time.

Too pretty to install!
Old 02-20-17, 04:55 PM
rL-gT
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 61 Posts

Not worried about changing the rear suspension geometry with that set up?
Old 02-21-17, 04:26 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
Too pretty to install!
haha I know. Too bad they won't show once installed.

Originally Posted by redline.gT
Not worried about changing the rear suspension geometry with that set up?
Not yet I'm not looking for a big drop - planning about 1.5" front / 1.3" rear. Another month wait...!
Old 02-21-17, 10:44 AM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Are you AWD or RWD?

The BC Racing are probably one of the most popular among the 3IS owners on both platforms. Great for a daily driving vehicle and extremely comfortable. Send me a PM if you are interested.
1-855-998-8726
Old 02-21-17, 12:39 PM
dnasians
Lexus Test Driver

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

this is interesting... you're replacing the separate spring and strut with a setup that's all-in-one. i wonder how the frame is going to take that additional pressure on the strut support. are you having a rear strut bar installed?
Old 02-21-17, 12:48 PM
IS250Alvin
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a RWD, and I heard great things about B.C Racing Coilovers. Looking into them.
Old 02-21-17, 10:34 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS250Alvin
I have a RWD, and I heard great things about B.C Racing Coilovers. Looking into them.
RWD? I could be wrong, but the top two struts in the pic above are for the front of an AWD as the strut support bracket that goes around the driveshaft would bolt to the bottom of the strut. The 2WD strut has a fork like bracket at the bottom that a bolt slides sideways through the bracket, control arm, and then the other side of the bracket. This makes the strut significantly longer than the AWD model one. This is a pic of the front 2WD suspension I found.
Old 02-21-17, 10:42 PM
Intermediate

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

If you are RWD, KWv3s or Ohlins DFV hands down........ Since I am AWD, I got stuck with RSR Sport-I's =(
Old 02-22-17, 06:56 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by dnasians
this is interesting... you're replacing the separate spring and strut with a setup that's all-in-one. i wonder how the frame is going to take that additional pressure on the strut support. are you having a rear strut bar installed?
For now no plans but I'm open to see how it works out with just the coilovers.

[QUOTE=Sasnuke;9779030]RWD? I could be wrong, but the top two struts in the pic above are for the front of an AWD as the strut support bracket that goes around the driveshaft would bolt to the bottom of the strut.
QUOTE]

Correct, the coilovers I got are for AWD.
Old 02-22-17, 10:01 AM
rL-gT
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 61 Posts

You're gonna hate not having any adjustable dampening.
Old 02-22-17, 05:34 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by redline.gT
You're gonna hate not having any adjustable dampening.
Why do you say that?
Old 02-22-17, 08:26 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

[QUOTE=corradoMR2;9779236]For now no plans but I'm open to see how it works out with just the coilovers.

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
RWD? I could be wrong, but the top two struts in the pic above are for the front of an AWD as the strut support bracket that goes around the driveshaft would bolt to the bottom of the strut.
QUOTE]

Correct, the coilovers I got are for AWD.
Ok. So your IS is RWD and the coilovers are for AWD. So are you purchasing the front strut support brackets to install the AWD front struts on the RWD front end?

Quick Reply: Looking to Purchased Coilovers