RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2013 RX350 Warranty claims

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-17, 12:36 PM
MarkDent
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 RX350 Warranty claims

Hi There, I am about to run out of factory warranty on my 2013 RX350 Sports Luxury. Can you help me please with a list of issues that others have found so I can get them fixed under warranty. Many thanks.
Old 02-14-17, 01:31 PM
Nimimi
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I've had the front (hood) struts replaced and I'm going to go in to have them look at the back (tail gate) struts before my warranty expires next month.
Old 02-17-17, 11:13 AM
11bravo
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

If you go the dealer and tell them, "here is a list of things that typically go wrong...I want them repaired", you will get a blank stare, and nothing done. You CAN go to the dealer and ask them to do an inspection from your list of issues, or a general inspection, either of which you will likely have to pay for. If they find things that need repair, and which are covered under warranty, they will repair them.

Naturally, if you have current issues which you feel need repair, you can ask them to do an inspection of those items, and they will do so.
Old 02-20-17, 07:53 AM
MarkDent
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 11bravo

Many thanks for your thoughts
Old 02-27-17, 06:28 AM
roadbike56
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 11bravo
If you go the dealer and tell them, "here is a list of things that typically go wrong...I want them repaired", you will get a blank stare, and nothing done. You CAN go to the dealer and ask them to do an inspection from your list of issues, or a general inspection, either of which you will likely have to pay for. If they find things that need repair, and which are covered under warranty, they will repair them.

Naturally, if you have current issues which you feel need repair, you can ask them to do an inspection of those items, and they will do so.
I've taken several brands of cars to the dealer just before the warranty runs out and explain to them I'd like a complete inspection of the car before the warranty runs out. They've all gladly conducted this inspection for FREE!!! They know they'll get paid by the factory for every warrantied item. I doubt a class dealership, like Lexus, would charge for such an inspection knowing they'll probably find something where they'll make a profit. At the end of the day, it's all about the $$$, and that's a good thing.
BTW, I received a new transmission in our Lincoln and our Jeep Grand Cherokee had a cracked exhaust manifold, all found during this type of inspection.
Old 02-27-17, 09:18 AM
11bravo
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by roadbike56
I've taken several brands of cars to the dealer just before the warranty runs out and explain to them I'd like a complete inspection of the car before the warranty runs out. They've all gladly conducted this inspection for FREE!!! They know they'll get paid by the factory for every warrantied item. I doubt a class dealership, like Lexus, would charge for such an inspection knowing they'll probably find something where they'll make a profit. At the end of the day, it's all about the $$$, and that's a good thing.
BTW, I received a new transmission in our Lincoln and our Jeep Grand Cherokee had a cracked exhaust manifold, all found during this type of inspection.

Good for you, Roady. But, that is not what the OP stated, or requested. What you did is what everyone should do. However, if you had taken the dealer a list of things, saying "None of these items are giving me any problem, but I know they often go wrong can you take a look at them?"...that is not the same thing.

For the record, some dealers will say, "Sure, we'll take a look at those items". And some, I know for a fact, would charge an inspection fee. My dealer just did a 30-point inspection on my corvette for free. However, he will charge an inspection fee to check a potential issue, if it is something that requires more than just a simple visual inspection.
Old 02-27-17, 12:19 PM
MellonC00
Instructor

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts

id agree with both roadbike and 11 bravo on this. the egregiousness of dealers stealing your money is just simply sky high. it is true that that they get paid for every warranty repair they do. Yet, they insist on making customers pay for the "inspection." One time I told the dealer to check out a wind noise that occur around 70 mph on the right side, they said "cannot duplicate at this time." They charged me money anyway until I yelled and screamed to remove the charge. as it turns out, the tech couldn't take my car on the highway because the highways were too busy for him to go 70 mph in a quick jaunt. Never mind that he could have gone 4 more miles to a quiet part of the town where there is less traffic..... yet, they proceeded to charge me $150 anyway only to remove it saying that they gave me "great courtesy" and awesome "complimentary one time gesture of goodwill."

Hotels gave you great service until AirBNB came along. Taxis gave you smelly rides for a lot of money until Uber came along. Traditional repair service at car dealership has its days numbered.