Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

First sc400 project

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-17, 05:24 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default First sc400 project

Hello everyone! I've decided to start a build thread for my 92 lexus sc400 that I bought a few weeks ago, it's all stock with just over 150k miles. The car was originally from Texas it had been garaged ever winter sense it had been brought here to ny state. There is no rust on the car but there is some paint that has been chipped
I'm going to do my best on documenting everthing I do with this car and use all the useful information I have found from this forum to make progress with this carequest.

My current plans for the car
replace the steering rack that is bad
wheels and tires
Coilovers
Exhaust
intake
5 speed swap
after market audio system
having the cluster and climate control repaired
fixing the few rough spot in the interior

The new steering rack was delivered a couple days ago along with the drift motion power steering line

I don't have a garage and don't want burn the power steering pump up doing the car to one of the garages I have access to so I have to wait till the weather clears up to be able to install it
Old 02-19-17, 03:45 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Today I was going to get the steering rack replaced but want able to get it done because the ground was far to soft to alow me to get the car jack up far enough to work on it. The only thing I was able to accomplish was replacing the hood struts
but while I was attempting to get this job done I realised on of the previous owners install manual exhaust cut outs.
Awhile I was cleaning everthing up I decided to start the car I had to jump it bc the battery had died and it only ran for a short time before it stalled out. Started it again and it did the same thing. The check engine lite is now on and it had never been on before. So now I have too figure out this issue.
tm I'm going to attempt to get the car moved on to a solid surface and get the rack changed and figure out the cel
Old 02-20-17, 07:09 AM
2KHarrier

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

You've got a good place to start, so keep up the good work!
Old 02-20-17, 09:56 AM
gearhead7
Rookie

Just a small update my rear wheels where just delivered.
vardoven forme 9 18x10.5 +22. Now I just have to wait for my front wheels and all 4 tires to arrive so I can get these installed

Old 02-20-17, 03:58 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

I was able to make some progress today, I was able to get the old rack out of the car and the new one in the car but have a few things left to finish up before itshe finally back to gether
Old 02-20-17, 07:14 PM
LoudonMan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed that you took all of the plastic 'beauty covers' off of the engine. I think they suck, retain heat, and doesn't show the true 1UZ engine. Besides, that last time I removed them, they were so brittle due to heat, for the most part they were junk anyway.
Old 02-23-17, 09:38 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Well today I was able to finish up getting the new steering rack installed. I want able to get the driftmotion power steering line installed, I don't fell the line itself is long enough to go from the pump to the rack. Sorry for the lack of pics at the moment was short on time after work and wanted to get it finished up. Next on the list is figuring out why my check engine light came one the other day when I had to jump the car to get it started. Now it has a missfire and will stall after a minute of idling
Old 02-24-17, 05:38 AM
Brennen01
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same wheels! But mine are 18x9.5 +35
Old 02-24-17, 07:26 AM
gearhead7
Rookie

Originally Posted by Brennen01
I have the same wheels! But mine are 18x9.5 +35
nice! I'm waiting for my front wheels to be delivered they are 18x9.5 +22
Old 02-24-17, 08:32 AM
Brennen01
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gearhead7
nice! I'm waiting for my front wheels to be delivered they are 18x9.5 +22
do you have stock brakes in the front? The reason I went +35 is that I was sketched out the 25 wouldn't fit the LS bbk
Old 02-24-17, 06:06 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Originally Posted by Brennen01
do you have stock brakes in the front? The reason I went +35 is that I was sketched out the 25 wouldn't fit the LS bbk
yeah I'm on stock breaks. I haven't owned the car very long only about a month. It is all stock atm except for exhaust cut outs some one had put in after the cats. I'm just slowly gathering parts to get the car where I want it
Old 03-01-17, 04:25 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Have had much to do with the car the past few days still waiting on parts to come in, I cleaned up my head lights even though they where not all that bad just wanted them to be crystal clear and also fixed the steering wheel tilt so I actually function
Old 03-05-17, 08:56 AM
2KHarrier

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

What did you find out with the CEL?
Old 03-05-17, 02:09 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Originally Posted by 2KHarrier
What did you find out with the CEL?
honestly I got home from work probably 2 or 3 nights after I posted about the check engine light and decided to unplug the maf sensor and start the car. The cel and track off light didn't come on and it didn't start misfiring or stall plugged the maf back in and it hasn't had the issue sense
Old 03-05-17, 02:18 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

A small update. Ivery been getting parts in here and there. My new climate control, lug nuts, valve stems, hub centric rings, and my federal ss595 255/35r18 for the front have arrived. Still waiting on my rear tires so I can go get them mounted and balanced and my kenwood head unite so I can get my Center consol put back together. Last night I modded the factor metal radio/climate control brackets and the metra brakets to be able to use them in conduction together.

Quick Reply: First sc400 project