IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Has anyone checked out the Nebula Gray/Red Leather ISF in WA?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-17, 06:39 PM
ageslurkin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone checked out the Nebula Gray/Red Leather ISF in WA?

Wanted to see if any of the CL forum members here had checked out the Nebula Gray/Red Leather 2011 in Washington? Seems to be a combo a few people are looking for $35K, 60K miles, 3 owners. Doesn't appear to be the cleanest ownership history nor the most detailed service registry so I'm a bit wary.

I'm thinking about making the way out there to check it out, but wanted to see if anyone had saw it and ran away. Called the dealership and they are getting me some more photos and inspection details tomorrow.

Listing Link: http://www.harrisford1.com/used/Lexu...84d1bd355b.htm
Carfax Link: https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...BP5C25C5010477
VIN: JTHBP5C25C5010477

Most worrisome part of the Lexus Service History: "
Service: CHASSIS ELECTRICAL description: CHASSIS ELECTRICAL ~ ~SRS LIGHT IS ILLUMINATED: PLEASE ADVISE. ~ ~HEALTH CHECK SHOWS SRS CODE B1860 & B1795, FRONT OCCUPANT ECU MALF. RECORDED DATA. CLEAR CODES. CODES WILL NOT CLEAR. CODE CHART REFERS TO I ~ ~62653 HEALTH CHECK SHOWS SRS CODE B1860 & B1795, FRONT OCCUPANT ECU MALF. RECORDED DATA. CLEAR CODES. CODES WILL NOT CLEAR. CODE CHART REFERS TO INSPECT SEAT ECU, FIND ECU IS CONNECTED & POWER TO. DISCONNECT ECU TO CHECK COMM. SYSTEM NOTICES NO ECU CONNEC"
Old 01-30-17, 12:24 AM
MicahIS250
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm about 10 minutes away from that dealership but didn't stop in to look. When I was searching for cars their photos were really bad and I wasn't feeling the red interior but the new photos it looks a lot better and kicking myself a bit for at least not going to check it out. I got a Blue '11 in Tacoma for about the same price and was so excited I snatched it up the same night I looked at it but came to find out the brakes were shot, needed an oil change, few cosmetic issues I didn't notice at night etc.. What concerned me with this one was in 2014 it was reported stolen and recovered from theft according to the Carfax also and maybe even worse the fact Midas serviced it shortly after that, haha.

Last edited by MicahIS250; 01-30-17 at 12:28 AM.
Old 01-30-17, 07:16 AM
ageslurkin
Driver School Candidate

The theft recovery was a bit interesting, seeing as it was stolen and retrieved on the same day, but still a good negotiating point for the price. When I read that I was surprised that it didn't pop up higher on the Carfax. I would definitely agree the Midas service scares me a bit more than the theft recovery...

USB was my first choice in colors, but I've come to realize I'm more of a value guy than a color guy so can sacrifice the USB for better deal.
Old 01-30-17, 08:58 AM
kolyan
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Looks like Midas just did the brakes.....I wouldn't really worry. Check if 60k maintenance was done or not. Negotiate the price down.
Old 01-30-17, 11:40 AM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

There are 4 NGP's on AutoTrader, so you can be picky for the short time on which one you want to check out it.
Old 01-30-17, 04:53 PM
redstar
Driver School Candidate

I thought about looking at it but it has a few big questions with it and two weeks ago I looked at the NGP/red RCF in Portland that sold for $49k with 4.5 years of warranty (l-certified).
Old 01-31-17, 01:31 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

This car is a 2012, not a 2011.
Old 03-26-17, 09:52 PM
Manh3
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Has anyone had a chance to look at this car? I was wondering if there's any damage in the body or paint. I wonder if that red thing on the front lip is removable. I may be interested in this car and would really appreciate any inputs.

thanks
Old 03-26-17, 09:55 PM
Manh3
Driver

also has anyone heard anything negative about this dealership? Why won't they take better pictures, as the ones on auto trader looks like crap.
Old 03-26-17, 10:53 PM
USB2011JAM
Rookie

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I actually bought my 2011 USB with Alpine interior, 40K miles from this same dealer last year, I've been pleased with the car... Mine however was 1 owner, perfectly clean CarFax and Autocheck, had brand new tires, new OEM brakes, full service history, and was able to contact the previous owner who bought it new in Bellevue, and serviced there regularly. I paid more then 35k I can tell you that.

Overall I was happy with the dealer, I felt I got a fair deal, although it was the exact car, color, history I was after so I would have paid more honestly. They put it up on a lift for me, and let me inspect it as long as I wanted. Mine was on their lot only 2 days before I snatched it up. My guess is the ****ty pictures are scaring people away. Its probably a good deal for someone.

Old 03-27-17, 05:31 AM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

I wouldn't exactly claim a clean title with a theft recovery on the record. But perhaps they are just hoping you won't see it in the mess of numerous title/lein updates. It's been for sale for quite some time, if it was that great of a deal I feel like it would have been swooped up pretty quick. When I was shopping there were never more than a couple of ISF for sale in WA, they moved quick. This one hasn't. Suspetise.
Old 03-27-17, 07:45 AM
Manh3
Driver

Thanks y'all. I'll just wait around for another nebula to come.around. wasn't a fan of the color at first but saw one in person and loved the the color.
Old 03-27-17, 11:24 AM
ageslurkin
Driver School Candidate

I've been talking with these guys for a while, and the vehicle has had some repainting done to cover some paint blemishes. They've removed the red vinyl that was on the lower bumper, and it looked fairly clean. Not perfect condition, and the theft recovery is sort of annoying but probably not a deal breaker.

Overall, the main reason that this car won't move is because they won't budge on price, period. I saw it back in February at like $33,950, and then they bumped the price back up and won't go down from their ask. Their excuse is that they are the only one in the market in WA (true) but they won't acknowledge the fact it is sitting on their lot for months and therefore probably price wrong.

Unless you're willing to go their price, I wouldn't waste your time. They don't seem to mind carrying the inventory, so won't negotiate.
Old 03-27-17, 01:19 PM
Manh3
Driver

Is the repaint noticable and did they give you a story on the theft issue? Thanks
Old 04-11-17, 05:25 AM
V8Juice
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ageslurkin
I've been talking with these guys for a while, and the vehicle has had some repainting done to cover some paint blemishes. They've removed the red vinyl that was on the lower bumper, and it looked fairly clean. Not perfect condition, and the theft recovery is sort of annoying but probably not a deal breaker.

Overall, the main reason that this car won't move is because they won't budge on price, period. I saw it back in February at like $33,950, and then they bumped the price back up and won't go down from their ask. Their excuse is that they are the only one in the market in WA (true) but they won't acknowledge the fact it is sitting on their lot for months and therefore probably price wrong.

Unless you're willing to go their price, I wouldn't waste your time. They don't seem to mind carrying the inventory, so won't negotiate.
so besides theft issue and price there's nothing really wrong with it? Were you able to test drive it?

Quick Reply: Has anyone checked out the Nebula Gray/Red Leather ISF in WA?