Photoshop Forum The place to photoshop rims, bodykits and etc. for your Lexus or other automobile.

Gearshift photoshop request

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-17, 08:14 AM
imrankh24
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Gearshift photoshop request

I wanna wrap the center part of the gear shift in my 16 es to match my wood. I have the birds eye maple. Can one of you guys photoshop the middle part of the gearshift, that is currently satin gray to match my wood?
Attached Thumbnails Gearshift photoshop request-photo562.jpg  
Old 01-24-17, 07:09 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

I've never really attempted to do an overlay of a pattern before. This is the best I could do with it.

Old 01-24-17, 07:39 AM
imrankh24
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Seize
I've never really attempted to do an overlay of a pattern before. This is the best I could do with it.

Thanks man. I actually scratched the wood ideas and i am doing a gray brushed aluminum. I ordered the vinyl so can you photoshop that for me instead. Thanks man appreciate it
Attached Thumbnails Gearshift photoshop request-photo699.jpg   Gearshift photoshop request-photo413.jpg   Gearshift photoshop request-photo322.jpg   Gearshift photoshop request-photo998.jpg   Gearshift photoshop request-photo913.jpg  

Old 01-24-17, 08:06 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

I think the OEM will look 10x better than the vinyl (I know, personal opinion that you didn't ask for )

You're adding another color and texture to the interior by just doing that one piece and IMO car interiors with too many different shades and textures don't look all that great.

Maybe there's a reason you didn't post like a scratch on lever, just throwing that out for your consideration.
Old 01-24-17, 08:21 AM
imrankh24
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
I think the OEM will look 10x better than the vinyl (I know, personal opinion that you didn't ask for )

You're adding another color and texture to the interior by just doing that one piece and IMO car interiors with too many different shades and textures don't look all that great.

Maybe there's a reason you didn't post like a scratch on lever, just throwing that out for your consideration.
It has a couple of nicks. That's why. I couldn't find a match to the wood. And the aluminum inspired me cause the new gs has a aluminum center rather then my satin plastic.
Attached Thumbnails Gearshift photoshop request-photo970.jpg   Gearshift photoshop request-photo776.jpg  
Old 01-24-17, 09:31 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

I don't think vinyl is going to give you the same look as aluminum regardless if that's what you are going for.

How much is a replacement **** from the new GS? That'd probably be the only way to really get what you want. Maybe also search salvage yard site to see if any have been wrecked yet.
Old 01-24-17, 09:38 AM
imrankh24
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
I don't think vinyl is going to give you the same look as aluminum regardless if that's what you are going for.

How much is a replacement **** from the new GS? That'd probably be the only way to really get what you want. Maybe also search salvage yard site to see if any have been wrecked yet.
This is the vinyl I purchased. Yea ultimately I would want that but my es is the parchment with brown combo. So my shift **** is brown and the gs one is black.
Attached Thumbnails Gearshift photoshop request-photo643.jpg   Gearshift photoshop request-photo861.jpg  
Old 01-25-17, 07:07 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Here it is in brushed aluminum. This one was a bit more time consuming.

It actually doesn't look that bad.
Old 01-25-17, 07:19 AM
imrankh24
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Seize
Here it is in brushed aluminum. This one was a bit more time consuming.

It actually doesn't look that bad.
Thanks man. I'm def looking forward to doing it now. Can you check out my photoshop request for the quad tips?
Old 01-27-17, 11:25 PM
imrankh24
Lexus Test Driver

Well my vinyl came in. I wrapped my gear shift, first time working with wrap. I am pleased to say it came out amazing I got the result I wanted which was to mimic the gs gear shift center trim. IMHO looks great feel free to share your thoughts.
Attached Thumbnails Gearshift photoshop request-photo979.jpg   Gearshift photoshop request-photo859.jpg   Gearshift photoshop request-photo902.jpg   Gearshift photoshop request-photo228.jpg  
Old 01-29-17, 05:14 PM
Nohnv
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good