RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

20" wheels with inserts

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-17, 10:39 AM
bonedlsu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 20" wheels with inserts

Anyone have any photos of the 2016 RX 20" rims with no inserts? Thinking of taking mine off and getting them painted black chrome, but i do not know how they will look! Pics if you have any please!
Attached Thumbnails 20" wheels with inserts-rx-with-inserts.jpg  
Old 01-19-17, 12:34 PM
Lexus1998
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the same wheels and I swear everyday I am like why did Lexus do this to us with LUX pkg, I asked dealer as I wanted the plastic completly out he had told me if I took out the plastic I would throw off the balancing which I find really hard to think a little insert would do that. If you get a pic please post it because I think anything would look better then this plastic insert.

I think at end even though it lease I may just suck it up and buyF-sport rims they are about $550 each new OEM, what stinks is I wanted to use these plastic ones for snow tires and then use F-sport for summer, but I was told the RX will not support 2 sets of TPM so it would need to be reprogramed each season.

I really look back and sometimes think I should have gone with F-sport forget the wood trim and softer seats....
Old 01-19-17, 12:43 PM
bonedlsu
Driver School Candidate

I am in the same boat. In hindsight. i should have gone with the F sport. Now i am itching to get the f sport rims or the other 5 spoke and get them powder coated. each rim though is still $425 remanufactured. I am havinga hard time finding used ones at a decent price. I contacted a local business here and they can paint 20" rims black chrome for $100 each.

If I do end up buying other rims, i will sell the ones with the inserts, maybe ebay. I cannot justify buying a second set of rims so i need to sell the original ones. unless somehow, someone wants to trade! the value of the ones with the inserts seem to be higher than the other style.
Old 01-19-17, 12:51 PM
Lexus1998
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is the part details 2016 RX350 F-SPORT 20" wheel is part#4261A-0E110, it was hard part# to find, but I was able to get in case you need it because in Lexus part book there like 5 different styles and for some reason F-Sport is listed with no part#.

I really went with Lux because at time you couldn't find triple beam headlights on F-sport in north east and I really like noble brown interior, plus seats are much softer but if I had do it again I prob get white Fsport. In fact now you hardly see any Lux on dealer lots and lease residuals rates are now better on F-Sport so I guess maybe that is why.
Old 01-19-17, 12:54 PM
bonedlsu
Driver School Candidate

Thanks! I bought a used 2016 RX 450H in white. Black chrome or the f sport rims will look nice. will have to get the F sport next for sure! that way, there is less stress trying to change it after! buyers remorse!
Old 01-19-17, 10:13 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Canadian, Executive trim, 20" wheels below.

Old 01-19-17, 10:49 PM
bonedlsu
Driver School Candidate

Computerwi, looks good! I cant tell but do yours have the running boards? Also, are your mud guards oem?
Old 01-20-17, 07:54 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

It doesn't look like he has running boards. I think it's the street light on the other side of the car making it look like running boards.
I believe that all Canadian delivered vehicles have mud guards as standard equipment. According to my dealer, there is also more insulation on the floor for Canadian delivered vehicles. Of course, I don't know what to believe from the dealer these days.
Old 01-21-17, 01:10 AM
Z3Harrier
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe this the wheel minus inserts.
The following users liked this post:
bonedlsu (01-23-17)
Old 01-22-17, 06:54 PM
satnav
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

yeah I'm confused why Lexus offer rims with inserts when I have not come across where you can get different colors...
Old 01-22-17, 08:22 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Originally Posted by FastFord
It doesn't look like he has running boards. I think it's the street light on the other side of the car making it look like running boards.
I believe that all Canadian delivered vehicles have mud guards as standard equipment. According to my dealer, there is also more insulation on the floor for Canadian delivered vehicles. Of course, I don't know what to believe from the dealer these days.
Originally Posted by bonedlsu
Computerwi, looks good! I cant tell but do yours have the running boards? Also, are your mud guards oem?
Correct. Mud guards (and block heaters) are standard equipment installed by the dealer, at least in Alberta.

No running boards on my RX. Haven't seen running boards on any RX here actually...
Old 01-22-17, 08:23 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Originally Posted by satnav
yeah I'm confused why Lexus offer rims with inserts when I have not come across where you can get different colors...
I think I've seen some reviews on Youtube with brown inserts.
Old 01-23-17, 06:20 AM
bonedlsu
Driver School Candidate

Based on the photo that docomo posted, there are holes in the from the inserts. They actually look good without them but the holes are questionable. If the holes were not there, i would definity powdercoate them and remove the inserts permenantly.
Old 01-23-17, 10:27 AM
Curryolla
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Just for reference, here is my Autumn Shimmer RX 450h with Autumn Shimmer Inserts. I personally find this look very attractive and ties the car together. I'm also a big fan of Eminent White Pearl with White inserts! Nightfall Mica with Atomic Silver is also nice...

Last edited by Curryolla; 01-23-17 at 10:30 AM.
ggebhardt (02-02-17)
Old 02-01-17, 04:25 PM
Ssteve
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did not take a picture when I installed new inserts, But it's relatively easy to see for your self.

Remove wheel, and from back you will see the inserts are held on by 2 clips. Squeeze together the two pieces of plastic of the clip closest to the outer circumference, pushing down as you do that. I used a thin long nose "vice grip" pliers. Once that clip is loose, just below the clip that slipped through the hole, push off the insert, The insert will pivot on the remaining clip (near the center), and "fall off".

To re attach, from the front, hook the insert into the hole closest to the hub, and press down over the clip that you squeezed to remove. The insert will snap into place.

I replaced my standard inserts with Autumn Shimmer inserts.

Here is a picture of the back side of the insert. THE CLIP AND THE INSERT IS PLASTIC, SO DON'T TRY TO REMOVE BY JUST HAMMERING IT OFF.

Last edited by Ssteve; 02-01-17 at 04:31 PM.
ggebhardt (02-02-17)

Quick Reply: 20" wheels with inserts