RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Any RCF

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-17, 04:54 PM
8901alex
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Any RCF

Hi I travel between Malibu ca and West Hollywood ca everyday .And I only have run into one white red interior rcf I also have a blue ct blue mica that I drive so,I only drive my RCF ones per week and every time I park the car people ask me about the car like is new ,anyone runs into rcf more than I do,,,,,,,,
Old 01-07-17, 08:54 PM
tiltmode43
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to work next to an aftermarket parts shop that occasionally had F's on their dyno, so would see them from time to time. Does that count?

The RC-F is definitely a bit further on the exclusive spectrum when compared to the M3/4 in my parts of SoCal.
Old 01-07-17, 09:02 PM
e2dag
Rookie

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Default I've seen quite a few

I'm near OC and I've seen quite a few. Pretty sure I've seen the same one multiple times in Huntington Beach. There's a liquor store owner near my house that parks his white F in the lot everyday. Every time I see an RC F it's like seeing a beautiful woman. Makes me do a double take.
Old 01-08-17, 12:13 AM
8901alex
Driver

Originally Posted by e2dag
I'm near OC and I've seen quite a few. Pretty sure I've seen the same one multiple times in Huntington Beach. There's a liquor store owner near my house that parks his white F in the lot everyday. Every time I see an RC F it's like seeing a beautiful woman. Makes me do a double take.
ur a lucky man cus I hardly see any other beside lucky to see my everyday.....
Old 01-08-17, 04:32 AM
Infrared
Rookie

I see (literally) more Ferraris, Lambos, R8's and GTR's where I live. M3/4s are spotted daily. I'm also right down the street from the highest volume Lexus dealership in Colorado.

There are just not a lot of RC-Fs on the road, which is one of the reasons I truly love owning it.
Old 01-08-17, 06:09 AM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

I've seen 2 in the 9 months and 12k miles since I've owned it. One of them was a USB only blocks from my house.
In comparison, dozens of M4's and RC350's.

I didn't realize the exclusivity when I bought it but now it's a nice bonus.
Old 01-08-17, 05:27 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Same here, I've had mine about 1 1/2 years & still haven't seen ONE anywhere around here. People always ask me what kind of car it is cause they said they haven't seen one before! But, since I put my lil' Decal on the side they don't ask as much now
Attached Thumbnails Any RCF-img_2335.jpg  
Old 01-09-17, 06:23 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I don't see but like two other RCF in the past year where mu RCF is located in the midle of nowhere. One at the Lexus dealer and one my friends's. <br /><br />I've seen some RC350's. <br /><br />On the interstate I'm going at a pretty good clip in the middle of no where and I often see some newer Mustang or Camaro coming up real fast and then slow down beside me to check my car out. A lot if times I just blip my throttle and I see them far away in my rear view mirror trying to catch up. I then ease off the throttle and back down to usual cruising speed. Then they would catch up and wanted to go again. I usually just pretend ok, let GO. But I let them GO ON and I don't even bother.<br /><br />At gas stations, often people will ask what car it is. Some even wonder if I just put on the "L" emblems and call it a Lexus. LOL. RCF is very rare indeed. <br /><br /><br />
Originally Posted by 8901alex
Hi I travel between Malibu ca and West Hollywood ca everyday .And I only have run into one white red interior rcf I also have a blue ct blue mica that I drive so,I only drive my RCF ones per week and every time I park the car people ask me about the car like is new ,anyone runs into rcf more than I do,,,,,,,,
<br />
Old 01-09-17, 10:22 PM
8901alex
Driver

Default Calipers

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Same here, I've had mine about 1 1/2 years & still haven't seen ONE anywhere around here. People always ask me what kind of car it is cause they said they haven't seen one before! But, since I put my lil' Decal on the side they don't ask as much now
Did u paint your calipers or had them done........
Old 01-09-17, 10:25 PM
8901alex
Driver

Thanks guys I'm proud that of my RCF being so unique.....
The following users liked this post:
ba2sy (01-10-17)
Old 01-10-17, 08:26 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Did u paint your calipers or had them done........
I had my Body Shop guy do them, he pretty much does anything & everything on all my cars cause around here there's not anybody that wants to touch a Porsche, Viper, etc... It's like they're Scared they're going to do something wrong & they act like they're 100k $$$ cars or something. He owns his own body shop & has been doing my other cars for years, he or his guys can pretty much do Anything & he's always gave me Great Prices & I've Always paid him a lil' Extra for everything he does. He actually installed my Apexi Controller too!
Old 01-11-17, 08:40 AM
SmurFPwr
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm in San Antonio, TX and I see the same two RCF in the same area about once a week (orange/carbon & white), my RCF is blue.
Old 01-12-17, 05:25 PM
scootabill
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm in the Phoenix, AZ area and I have only seen two other RC-F's over the past year and a half.
Old 01-14-17, 08:38 AM
scottiej
Driver School Candidate

I live in Woodland Hills, CA. There are several RC F's and RC 350s in this area for some reason.
Old 01-14-17, 09:34 AM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm in Cupertino, CA, Apple country. Have yet to see a RC F here, only RC's. I wonder if the next gen RC F, if there is one, will be a twin turbo V6. Saw the announcement yesterday for the 2018 LS500, twin turbo 3.5L V6, 415 HP. That's the next gen of the current LS460.

Quick Reply: Any RCF