IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Impromptu photo shoot with an MRM ISF and some Hot Air Balloons

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-16, 09:32 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Smile Impromptu photo shoot with an MRM ISF and some Hot Air Balloons

Hey guys ! Was on the way home and had a chance to catch the balloons in the area taking off so I pulled off for a lightning fast iPhone photo shoot. I see these beautiful things almost everyday everyday this time of year but it's always so cool to see them low. Never get tired of them. These are my first group of decent pics after installing the Tom's kit on the car.

Old 12-10-16, 12:54 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

lovely shots, love the colour
Old 12-10-16, 05:40 AM
Jz39
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

How many of those balloons hit power lines and fell from the sky after the shoot LOL!

Seriously though, the car looks great! To my eyes, blacking out your window trim and getting a cf spoiler would complete your look! Very, very nice.
Old 12-10-16, 05:51 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Jz39
How many of those balloons hit power lines and fell from the sky after the shoot LOL!

Seriously though, the car looks great! To my eyes, blacking out your window trim and getting a cf spoiler would complete your look! Very, very nice.
Wow, looking at the pictures I was thinking the EXACT same thing on the window trim! With the kit, it sticks out soooo much now!
Tammer, I have some extra window trim tape left from my install... definitely enough to do a 2nd F! I'll fly there and do it for you for only $650!!!!
Lol! Just messin' with ya from the other thread, lol. But if you want it, I'll send you the tape free. Pretty simple to install...if you F it up, pull it off and trash it, lol.
Your car looks sooooo much better and aggressive with the kit on there! That's a move I'll probably make in the spring.
Also, I forget, but is your car lowered at all?

V.
Old 12-10-16, 09:58 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Defratos
lovely shots, love the colour
Than you sir. I got lucky to catch them low
Originally Posted by Jz39
none thankfully. I live on the edge of the city so thats why they take off in this area. Relatively safe

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Wow, looking at the pictures I was thinking the EXACT same thing on the window trim! With the kit, it sticks out soooo much now!
Tammer, I have some extra window trim tape left from my install... definitely enough to do a 2nd F! I'll fly there and do it for you for only $650!!!!
Lol! Just messin' with ya from the other thread, lol. But if you want it, I'll send you the tape free. Pretty simple to install...if you F it up, pull it off and trash it, lol.
Your car looks sooooo much better and aggressive with the kit on there! That's a move I'll probably make in the spring.
Also, I forget, but is your car lowered at all?

V.
I know this is going to make me sound old but I actually dig the chrome trim. I think its adds to accents the lines of the car. But I really appreciate the offer. That is really cool of you man. The car has stock suspension other than USRS and rear F sport sway bar. I actually got the kit because I thought it made the car look dropped without jacking up my suspension geopmetry and dropping another 2k for suspension arms. I like the overall balance of the car for track and street use.
Old 12-10-16, 04:40 PM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
The car looks great, and those 295s look mean as hell! They're telling the world "This ain't your grandfather's Lexus!!"

-Mike
Old 12-10-16, 04:53 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Very nice looking package. Everything flows well and I too thought it was lowered.

I am also digging the side-skirts.
Old 12-11-16, 12:46 AM
Isfast
Lexus Test Driver

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Very nice !!
Old 12-11-16, 10:19 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks guys. Really happy with the way everything turned out. Was a little worried about the two pieces on the sides of the rear bumper but the tech the body shop put three bolts and washers through them. I honestly feel like they may actually create some down force in the rear . Minimal but they are angled down at about 15 degrees. I also like that the pieces have closed the gaps under the bumper that were created by removing the oem muffler and using the tilted Joe Z units. I always wondered about that creating some drag. Its like the the rear bumper cover becomes a bit of an anchor at 150 mph.

As far as the color, I love the MRM. I dont know why more original owners didnt opt for MRM unless Lexus just didnt produce as many. I have only seen 1 other MRM ISF in person
Old 12-14-16, 10:33 PM
V8Lex
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dig the shots and the wheels!
Old 12-15-16, 08:18 AM
Kuroikaze
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car is looking great 👍🏻