IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Need legal help DDM tuning hid lights melted my connector to my stock ballast smh

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-16, 02:35 AM
Scott610
Advanced

Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Need legal help DDM tuning hid lights melted my connector to my stock ballast smh

So I bought these bulb from this company to change out the stock bulbs because I didn't like the color. Then one of the bulbs just stop working and decided to change back to stock so I took the DDMtuning bulb out and this what I've seen smh . And there customer service told me that they'll give me a hid kit for free which still won't fix the problems smh and they have the pictures . So now I think about sueing them . What should I do?
Old 12-09-16, 02:40 AM
Scott610
Advanced

Default Need legal help DDM tuning hid lights melted my connector to my stock ballast smh

So I bought these bulb from this company to change out the stock bulbs because I didn't like the color. Then one of the bulbs just stop working and decided to change back to stock so I took the DDMtuning bulb out and this what I've seen smh . And there customer service told me that they'll give me a hid kit for free which still won't fix the problems smh and they have the pictures . So now I think about sueing them . What should I do?
Old 12-09-16, 04:02 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott610

I would ask them to pay for replacement stock ballasts.
Old 12-09-16, 04:35 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

If you didn't get them professionally installed, don't waste your time trying to sue them. Honestly, looks install related. I know it's a plug and play type thing but still have to make sure they're plugged in 100% correctly.
Is the damage bad enough as to where the factory bulbs won't fit back in there and/won't turn on?
Also, not sure if our ballast are 35 wt or 55 wt, but did you get the same wattage bulbs?!
M also, did you leave the plastic ring that comes with the aftermarket bulbs on when you had the hid in there?!?!

V.

V.

Last edited by Vitveet; 12-09-16 at 04:40 AM.
Old 12-09-16, 06:04 AM
Scott610
Advanced

Originally Posted by Vitveet
If you didn't get them professionally installed, don't waste your time trying to sue them. Honestly, looks install related. I know it's a plug and play type thing but still have to make sure they're plugged in 100% correctly.
Is the damage bad enough as to where the factory bulbs won't fit back in there and/won't turn on?
Also, not sure if our ballast are 35 wt or 55 wt, but did you get the same wattage bulbs?!
M also, did you leave the plastic ring that comes with the aftermarket bulbs on when you had the hid in there?!?!

V.

V.
i work at Audi my co worker installed them correctly and the plastic ring was taken off before install and the wattage was looked up by the company that sold me the bulbs
Old 12-09-16, 06:05 AM
Scott610
Advanced

Originally Posted by Joker4096
I would ask them to pay for replacement stock ballasts.
Agree^^^ not going aftermarket no more too much headache with these bulbs
Old 12-09-16, 06:52 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Agree^^^ not going aftermarket no more too much headache with these bulbs

You have me skeptical on bulbs now too, I have Kensun HID bulbs from amazon and am thinking of getting Osram CBI for quality and light output reasons. I've nver had issues with any aftermarket HIT kit or bulbs but this thread has me a little shaky. Did the stock ballasts lock on to the bulbs correctly? It looks like they might have gotten loose and melted things. But I am not sure if there would be power to the ballasts because the circuit would have been broken.
Old 12-09-16, 07:34 AM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

I hate to say it, but its one of those cases where you get what you pay for. I run osram cbi bulbs with zero issues. Ddm has known to be a cheaper option. If you want quality bulbs look into www.theretrofitsource.com. you might even be able to get a replacement ballast pretty cheap.
Old 12-09-16, 07:36 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

No issues with my Osram CBI's either..........they're expensive but worth it!
Old 12-09-16, 07:37 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Originally Posted by FinLIFE
I hate to say it, but its one of those cases where you get what you pay for. I run osram cbi bulbs with zero issues. Ddm has known to be a cheaper option. If you want quality bulbs look into www.theretrofitsource.com. you might even be able to get a replacement ballast pretty cheap.
Might not need a whole ballast, just the bulb connector part. I think. you wont be able to know unless you take it apart and inspect the wiring.
Old 12-09-16, 03:27 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

well your gonna need two replacement OEM ballasts since those connectors are toasted. Doubt they will cover it since they only opted to send you another kit for free.
Old 12-09-16, 08:22 PM
goooose
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So now I think about sueing them
Seriously? And how do you think that would turn out for you? You gonna sue em for $165? Might what to include pain and suffering in that as well...so maybe $2mill? I think theres a class action lawsuit guy around here with nothing better to do. Maybe he'll take your case?

Seriously, WTF people
Old 12-09-16, 08:24 PM
Jangco
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

had the same problem with ddm tuning bulbs as well. i just thought that i didn't plug the bulbs to the connectors tight enough which could've caused them to spark. only one side was affected though.
Old 12-10-16, 11:54 AM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

I had DDM lights in my Civic. But in the ISF? Not even if a gun were pointed at me
Old 12-10-16, 12:30 PM
Durrby
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Beating a dead horse here but seriously, DDM hids in an ISF? You're lucky the whole car didn't catch fire. Shame on you for going cheap on something electronic. Sue them? get real.

Quick Reply: Need legal help DDM tuning hid lights melted my connector to my stock ballast smh