GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Do you request the model loaner at the dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-16, 06:37 PM
Barkley45
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Do you request the model loaner at the dealership?

I took my car in to the dealership on Weds for a minor repair on my sideview window. The dealership gave me a new ES a a loaner car. I owned several ES models back in days, and this one rides just as nice...what a smooth ride, but boring. I was called by the service dept the next day to tell me that they would need another day with the GS. I asked if i could possible get an RX as a loaner and they actually said yes. My wife is interested in the new RX so what better way to test drive a vehicle than to drive it for a few days?
Old 12-08-16, 06:59 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

I'm cool with my service advisor so she asks me what I want as a loaner. I usually go for an ESh, 4RX, or GS if they have any available. There are a few elusive RCs available too; I have to see if I can snag one next time.
Old 12-08-16, 09:25 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

My service advisor tries to accommodate my request when I take my car to service. I avoid the CT as much as possible.

I like that the loaners are fairly well-equipped too. When I had an Audi, the loaners were hard to get and terribly equipped (many times without Nav).
Old 12-09-16, 02:32 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I used to never ask for a specific model, until became friends with some of the people at the dealership. After that, they were asking me which loaner I wanted. But the best of all, I stopped refueling loaners, they told me not to.
Old 12-09-16, 05:17 AM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The dealerships in Dallas TX (Park place/Sewell) have always told us to not refuel before returning. Thought it was the same across all the Lexus dealerships.
Old 12-09-16, 05:27 AM
Dallasguy1
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

My SA also tells me not to refuel and asks me what kinda loaner I want. Park Place provides excellent customer service. Good experience soo far.
Old 12-09-16, 07:14 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

If I'm just going in for a 1 hour service, I'll just hang out in the waiting area and/or go walk around the lot. If it's going to be longer than that, I request a loaner, but I've never asked for a specific one. In the past I've had an IS300, NX200t, and RX450h. They have CT and ES loaners too, but I've never had one of those.

Unfortunately, my dealer does require that we refuel the cars before return.
Old 12-09-16, 07:49 AM
tknx
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always try and get something different. The CT is kind of a piece of crap...

I sort of wish my dealer would have a couple higher end models - I am thinking about moving to an LC in a couple of years (especially if they do add a convertible), but I'd want to drive one for a little while
Old 12-09-16, 11:10 AM
TrevorTran
Driver

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Here at Longo Lexus in California, they only have the basic CT200h and IS200T for loaner cars. I wish they had the new GS or RC models for loan. Longo is usually known for their excellent service, but the choice of loaners is terrible!
Old 12-09-16, 11:52 AM
twylie
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dallasguy1
My SA also tells me not to refuel and asks me what kinda loaner I want. Park Place provides excellent customer service. Good experience soo far.
I purchased my GS from their store in Grapevine. Overall, a really great experience. I flew out, salesman picked me up and 90 min later I was headed back to Atlanta. I've never seen a dealership as large as the one in Grapevine. I think they said there were 60 service bays and the whole complex was the entire block. Everyone I dealt with there was super friendly.
Old 12-09-16, 01:16 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,994 Likes on 1,417 Posts

Originally Posted by twylie
I purchased my GS from their store in Grapevine. Overall, a really great experience. I flew out, salesman picked me up and 90 min later I was headed back to Atlanta. I've never seen a dealership as large as the one in Grapevine. I think they said there were 60 service bays and the whole complex was the entire block. Everyone I dealt with there was super friendly.
You should see the new Park Place Plano sister dealership located about 20 miles east of the Grapevine location in Plano, TX. It covers 26 acres. It's about 5 minutes from me. Great service at both Park Place locations...
Old 12-09-16, 07:08 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

I ask, specifically because I don't I can't comfortably get in and out of the CT or the IS, the doors are too small and I can't maneuver my bad leg and turn into them like I can the RC. The RX and NX are ok because I have to step up into them.

The dealer I bought my RCF at was kind of dicky about it, but they would usually give me an RX. I have since stopped going there and tried a new dealership and when I brought my RCF in for it's 15K service they gave me an RC350, Service advisor at this dealer said they try and give the same model the customer is bringing in.
Old 12-10-16, 08:03 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Dallasguy1
The first loaner PP gave me was a CT, and I'm 6' 7". I despised that car and told them to never give me a tiny loaner again. At my next service I went to Sewell, and told them "anything but a CT". The lady, without looking up from the paperwork, asked why. I said "look". She looked up and we both laughed, got to choose an RX or an RC, I picked the RC which was smallish but better than the CT. PP also loaned me a GS once.
Old 12-10-16, 08:29 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

I always ask and who ever the service adivsor is always accommodates my requests. I never return my loaners refueled and they haven't said anything to me. I recently got a 2016 RX350 and it was really nice. Had it for about 4 days. Also the vehicles are nicely equipped and they come with EZ tags for toll roads so that's nice too! They did give me a piece of crap CT one time and I hated that thing. I was surprised that Lexus even builds such a cheap car. I would never own one even if Lexus gave it to me for free, so I don't understand people who buy it. No offense to anyone who owns one btw.
Old 12-11-16, 07:23 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

I always request something and they oblige. At my dealer I've had many ESs, ISs, RXs, I've had a CT a couple times (horrible), I had a HS once back when they were made. I did have a GS once. They have a GX too, I've never had that.

Quick Reply: Do you request the model loaner at the dealership?