GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Has anyone seen this GS350 before? Are you in Tulsa?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-16, 08:22 AM
GS1day
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone seen this GS350 before? Are you in Tulsa?

The Lexus of Tulsa dealership has a 2015 GS350 with Luxury package and Mark Levinson - and the car is the colors I want - Atomic silver on grey. BUT Its been wrecked

If the work was done correctly, I would consider the car, but I live 500 miles away, so I can't drop in and check it out.

Here is what I know:
Car was in a small wreck and its not on the carfax.
Front bumper parking sensors look to be sunken in by 1/4 inch behind the bumper itself, but body panels and lines all look good. Paint looks good (from high-res pics)
Car hood has a small place on the drivers-side top corner where the paint looks like it was touched while drying - they clear-coated over. Small, but noticeable.
The car hood has scratches on the underneath side of it (this makes me think it was a junk yard hood replacement)
The car has a hand painted-on pin-stripe down the side.

The price is almost right, but the condition is questionable, so I was hoping someone from Tulsa might be able to go by there and take a look. OR maybe someone knows the original owner and could give more background on the car. It has some aftermarket rims on it, tint, and a spoiler. Has anyone seen this GS 350 before? Anyone in Tulsa want to go check it out? If I come buy it, I'll treat you to dinner for your troubles.
Attached Thumbnails Has anyone seen this GS350 before? Are you in Tulsa?-gs350.jpg  
Old 12-06-16, 11:30 AM
dat dude
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Perhaps you should offer an incentive to someone even if you don't buy it. Might make someone a little more willing.
The following users liked this post:
GS1day (12-07-16)
Old 12-06-16, 11:58 AM
GS1day
Driver

Default Great Idea!

I'll offer $20 through paypal to one person - the first to accept the challenge. Is that enough to get you to drive from Ontario to check it out, or do I need to up the ante?
Old 12-06-16, 01:03 PM
djrabbi
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I'd stay away. It might look good but maybe something on the inside might be wrong. Given that it is been in a wreck, can't buy warranty on the car either I assume. Car does look great but pinstripes, aftermarket wheels, and probably smaller things might be a red flag to cover up other things.
GS1day (12-07-16)
Old 12-06-16, 01:55 PM
GS1day
Driver

Default The word 'wrecked' has such a stigma

Yea, my first reaction is the same as yours. I am able to get a 96/125 warrantee with 0 deductible serviceable at lexus with loaner for $2900. And he will take another 1300 off the currently marked down price. I've had 2 people look it over , and take more high resolution pics , but they work at the dealer . They pointed out a small blemish in the paint on the hood, and it looks like the hood was also replaced, based on scratches on its underside. As I understand it, the previous owner turned into a truck from a red light, when the truck never left the red light. She took off, went 5 feet , and ran under the bumper of the truck. headlight was replaced and 3 panels needed work: fender, hood and bumper. The bumper looks to be fitted right, and all lines look good, but the front parking sensors are set back by about 2mm.

Knowing all this makes me want to walk away like everyone else . But I can't seem to find a price on a car optioned like this near it. Every car has a price, and maybe I can live with this if the price is right. I intended to upgrade to 19 wheels, and put on a rear spoiler, and this one already has them. I intend to swap the bumper for an fsport one, so I can mount the sensors correctly at that point, and repaint the hood if the blemish bothers me enough, while painting the new bumper. The wheels are not my first choice, but I like the way they look better than the 18 inch splitspoke rims that normally come on a luxury package, and I think they look pretty good on that car. So, with all that, I still want a good set of eyes on it. Hey Tulsa! Got your ears on? Come back, good buddy, over !
Old 12-06-16, 02:31 PM
Jeevz
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Why don't you pay a service like LemonSquad.com if you like the car. Not affiliated, have used their service before and liked peace of mind coming from a knowledgeable third party survey versus some random person off a chat board.

Also try Jerry Johnson at Midwest Toyota for a better price on the extended warranty if you decide to get it..
GS1day (12-07-16)
Old 12-06-16, 02:33 PM
djrabbi
Lead Lap

If you going to spend money to look like an F-Sport....Just wait out honestly! The perfect car is never going to be there but don't make an easy decision into an expensive one. I would wait till January to get a lot of the 14-15 F-Sports back from leases.
Old 12-06-16, 02:49 PM
songoku
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

I see it has Luxury Package but it's not fully loaded.

It does not have Triple LED beam, HUD, etc.

I know it's 2015, but I don't think that's great price considering it was in a wreck.

$35,752 with 31,375 miles

Old 12-06-16, 03:05 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

^^^ FYI - Triple Beam LEDs were not offered on the 15s. That started on the 16 GS.
Old 12-06-16, 05:18 PM
GS1day
Driver

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by songoku
I see it has Luxury Package but it's not fully loaded.

It does not have Triple LED beam, HUD, etc.

I know it's 2015, but I don't think that's great price considering it was in a wreck.

$35,752 with 31,375 miles

I've got him down to $34,500 - what do you think this car is worth? I've searched the country, and can't find anything better for me - to me, the car has $1500 in extras that I would have to buy if I bought the average luxury with smaller wheels and no spoiler. I do wish it was fully loaded though.
Originally Posted by djrabbi
If you going to spend money to look like an F-Sport....Just wait out honestly! The perfect car is never going to be there but don't make an easy decision into an expensive one. I would wait till January to get a lot of the 14-15 F-Sports back from leases.
Well, I don't want an F Sport. I like the front bumper, and wheels are nice, but I prefer the luxury package for about the same money as the Fsport package. I can then upgrade my luxury with an Fsport bumper, and keep my HID fog lights, and enjoy the more plush features inside. I'm not a fan of aluminum.

Originally Posted by Jeevz
Why don't you pay a service like LemonSquad.com if you like the car. Not affiliated, have used their service before and liked peace of mind coming from a knowledgeable third party survey versus some random person off a chat board.

Also try Jerry Johnson at Midwest Toyota for a better price on the extended warranty if you decide to get it..
thanks for both suggestions -
So, I don't want to pay a service, because I don't want to pay for all the in-depth testing, when really what I need is an enthusiasts opinion on the paint work, and if there are any signs of damage or repair. I know more about you guys on this random chat board than I do about some pay-for-hire guy with a test kit. He doesn't have test that tells how the paint looks, its going to be his opinion. So, I prefer the opinion of an enthusiast over a strangers opinion. Who knows, the guy could have been hired the day before. As for people on clublexus, well, I can look at their profile or posts and get a gauge of their appreciation for good work. Sure its a gamble - some moron from here might go check it out and tell me its great, and then I arrive and decide I don't want it. a Plane ticket is $200 round trip, so I'd rather check it out myself if its the same price as an inspection.

As for the warrantee - thanks again - I assume this can be purchased after the sale, from him for a better price? I'll give him a call.
Old 12-06-16, 05:20 PM
songoku
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
^^^ FYI - Triple Beam LEDs were not offered on the 15s. That started on the 16 GS.
I meant Bi-LED Headlights with Adaptive Front Lighting System:

"Illumination is taken to the next level with Bi-LED headlamps, LED daytime running lights and dynamic auto leveling, and the Dual-swivel Adaptive Front Lighting System*, which helps illuminate curves by rotating the headlamps right or left."

Old 12-06-16, 07:32 PM
GS1day
Driver

Those lights look very nice. I think this another case where the US market gets shortchanged . those lights are not offered here. The luxury package has the adaptive light system , but they are HID, and not LED. This car has the luxury package, so it has the best lights offered in the US. The front end on your pic looks nice too, US versions are both different.
Old 12-07-16, 09:15 AM
GS1day
Driver

Default Not gonna get it.

I requested the salesman to photograph the vin tags on the two fenders and hood, and send them to me. he was unable to find them, even though I sent him pics and description of where they are. this means both fenders and hood were replaced , and I am no longer interested. thanks to everyone for their feedback. If you find a 2015 gs350 with levinson and luxury in atomic silver, liquid platinum, or nebula grey, let me know !
Old 12-07-16, 09:34 AM
djrabbi
Lead Lap

Good job on the investigation. It will be tough to find all those items you want at that price point. Might have to look at a 13-14
GS1day (12-07-16)
Old 12-07-16, 09:54 AM
GS1day
Driver

Thanks djrabbi - Yea - just finding one with the luxury package and mark levinson is hard - I have opened up the search to include 2014's. I found this one which is not far from home and seems to be a pretty good price. Liquid platinum on grey. It has both packages and it was a lease return that was picked up at auction, and serviced by the dealer. I like that a lot better than it being a demo or a loaner vehicle like the other one was. What do you guys think of this one? http://www.mossisboss.com/used-Lafay...BE1BL9E5038844

Quick Reply: Has anyone seen this GS350 before? Are you in Tulsa?