GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

HUD Display Options

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-16, 08:13 AM
Elitedax3
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Default HUD Display Options

Just wondering if I misread or if I am missing something, but according to the quick start guide/owners manual it says the HUD can display about 10 different things including: Tachometer, gear shift, Dynamic Radar and several other things. I have not been able to get these to display on the HUD at all. I've only gotten speed and speed limit, volume change for audio and GPS turns.

Is there a trick or setting to get these other items to display? Its page 23 in the quick start guide book.

Thanks!
Old 12-02-16, 12:10 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Curious to the answer on this too for I have only found what you have found and listed.
Old 12-02-16, 07:35 PM
tsongdds
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Same here...tried all the buttons and went through all the setting options
The following users liked this post:
VQboodah (08-04-21)
Old 12-05-16, 12:32 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts
Default Hth

This answers a few questions about the HUD. It is also possible to move the display using Techstream if you are unable to see the display well (I have this issue.)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
HUD Configuration 2016 GSF.pdf (202.3 KB, 795 views)
The following 5 users liked this post by lobuxracer:
Afrosheen (12-06-16), designo (11-05-18), RC51TOFUMA (12-05-16), shenry500 (09-10-18), texaslexii (09-13-18)
Old 12-05-16, 03:59 AM
Logic83
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
This answers a few questions about the HUD. It is also possible to move the display using Techstream if you are unable to see the display well (I have this issue.)
Thanks!. Haven't tried it yet. I'll post when I do
Old 12-05-16, 06:06 AM
Elitedax3
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank YOU Lobux for the PDF. I got it to change the display.

In the PDF, it says to access the HUD Customization you have to hold the display for approximately 1.5 Minutes or longer to enter the custom options. So I held it for a little longer than the time suggested and nothing seemed to change so I pressed the DISP again for approx 3 seconds until the toggle for the audio came up and then I released and then the gear position disapeared and I pressed it once more and it displayed the RPM meter. I was doing this in my garage so I did not drive around to see if it changed by going in to S+ but I did get it to change.

Once again, thank you Lobux for the PDF, I think the longest I held the DISP prior to that to try to access the menu was only like 20 seconds. LOL
Old 09-10-18, 06:10 PM
shenry500
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Elitedax3
Thank YOU Lobux for the PDF. I got it to change the display.

In the PDF, it says to access the HUD Customization you have to hold the display for approximately 1.5 Minutes or longer to enter the custom options. So I held it for a little longer than the time suggested and nothing seemed to change so I pressed the DISP again for approx 3 seconds until the toggle for the audio came up and then I released and then the gear position disapeared and I pressed it once more and it displayed the RPM meter. I was doing this in my garage so I did not drive around to see if it changed by going in to S+ but I did get it to change.

Once again, thank you Lobux for the PDF, I think the longest I held the DISP prior to that to try to access the menu was only like 20 seconds. LOL
I realize old thread but I have to comment as I'm trying to get more out of the HUD. Holding the disp button for several minutes does nothing for me. My only options are audio or Navi . I would live to see the tach and or gear on the HUD. The manual says it will do it. Anyone know how??
Old 09-10-18, 08:09 PM
masterhoss
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shenry500
I realize old thread but I have to comment as I'm trying to get more out of the HUD. Holding the disp button for several minutes does nothing for me. My only options are audio or Navi . I would live to see the tach and or gear on the HUD. The manual says it will do it. Anyone know how??
It got me too. You have to disable Lane Departure Warning in order to be able to see the tachometer. If you keep Lane Departure Warning enabled, all you get is the speedometer, navigation prompts (if enabled), speed limit (when detected/recognized), and audio information (if enabled). With Lane Departure Warning disabled, the HUD drops the lane markers and will show the tachometer that can be customized.

Hope this helps.
The following 2 users liked this post by masterhoss:
shenry500 (09-11-18), tonio1 (01-07-20)
Old 09-10-18, 09:30 PM
shenry500
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by masterhoss
It got me too. You have to disable Lane Departure Warning in order to be able to see the tachometer. If you keep Lane Departure Warning enabled, all you get is the speedometer, navigation prompts (if enabled), speed limit (when detected/recognized), and audio information (if enabled). With Lane Departure Warning disabled, the HUD drops the lane markers and will show the tachometer that can be customized.

Hope this helps.
Sweet thanks! I'll try this tomorrow.
Old 09-11-18, 08:21 AM
shenry500
Pit Crew

Works like a charm. Now the disp button actually does something after I turn off lka. Thanks again
Old 09-13-18, 05:25 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks for the PDF bud. You can move the HUD yourself vertically, but can it be moved horizontally? I'd like to move it a little more to my right.
Old 09-14-18, 06:27 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by texaslexii
Thanks for the PDF bud. You can move the HUD yourself vertically, but can it be moved horizontally? I'd like to move it a little more to my right.
That's what you need Techstream to do. I normally have a subscription to TIS that includes Techstream because I service all my cars myself. I have a laptop I bought just for Techstream and TIS, and bought the Mongoose Pro BT OBDII cable. It works like magic.
Old 09-14-18, 06:35 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

That's what you need Techstream to do. I normally have a subscription to TIS that includes Techstream because I service all my cars myself. I have a laptop I bought just for Techstream and TIS, and bought the Mongoose Pro BT OBDII cable. It works like magic.
Can you tell me the option? I'll see if the dealer will do it for me, at a reasonable price. Might buy the 2 day option just to try it out. Cant justify the whole year for 1200

Thanks!
Old 09-15-18, 07:12 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by texaslexii
Can you tell me the option? I'll see if the dealer will do it for me, at a reasonable price. Might buy the 2 day option just to try it out. Cant justify the whole year for 1200

Thanks!
If you get Techstream, you have to purchase the whole year. There is no short term option for the professional subscription. Wish it weren't so, believe me!
The following users liked this post:
texaslexii (09-18-18)
Old 10-01-18, 09:29 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

I just renewed my professional subscription. Lo and behold, they have a two day option for $65. Bad news is, they jacked up the professional subscription to $1295 annually. Ouch. Still saves me money though.

Quick Reply: HUD Display Options