SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

How often do people compliment your car?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-16, 07:07 PM
Ezroni
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default How often do people compliment your car?

I'm not sure how many people out there are as much of an SC nut as we are, but how often do you guys get compliments on your SCs? also, what do they say? no brag! but this is personally my favorite car in the world so it always feels so good when I get compliments on my ride. And it's not because of me! Thanks to my previous owners for keeping her so clean.

I've had someone once come up to me while I was at a red light, he said to me, "Your ride is beautiful. I'm going to have to start car-jacking next week if you keep this up"

wasn't sure what to make of that LOL

Please post pics if you have some~

back when i had the front plate on and before i registered in Cali

exhausts are dirty here.. i know

my pride and joy.. front lip paint cracked due to smog guy going up the dyno the wrong way
Old 11-23-16, 07:58 PM
ar3
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I get a lot of head turns and also positive compliments from other car dudes on the road. I think it is because it is such a rare car to see, well at least where I am. Main reason why I got my 97 sc.

Your ride is clean, I might need to start car jacking too. I could use some parts
Old 11-23-16, 08:10 PM
Ezroni
Pit Crew

where in CA are you? i rarely see any SC's and i always get so happy when I see one. only seen 1 other stick SC300 in my life, a 92 owned by my friend who just leaves it in a car cover in his driveway... was thinking of buying it but realized i want the best of the best, a 97
Old 11-23-16, 08:33 PM
Bergy1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only had mine a couple days and been complimented several times already. Very clean 92 SC400.
Old 11-23-16, 08:39 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

Back when I had aftermarket wheels on my SC I got compliments all the time. It used to get crazy attention at shows and meets too. Back then I had one of the cleanest Lexus' in the city.

Now my LS gets all of the compliments and my friends don't care for the SC. I'm in the process of getting new wheels, body kit, and a turbo to make it better than it was before. It will be a show stopper when I'm done with it.
Old 11-23-16, 08:41 PM
ar3
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ezroni
where in CA are you? i rarely see any SC's and i always get so happy when I see one. only seen 1 other stick SC300 in my life, a 92 owned by my friend who just leaves it in a car cover in his driveway... was thinking of buying it but realized i want the best of the best, a 97
I was on mobile and did not see you're in the Bay Area too! I reside in the central valley but I make very frequent trips in the bay (San Jose-Fremont). Would be dope to spot some local CL members
Old 11-23-16, 09:45 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,216 Likes on 854 Posts

I only occasionally get a compliment out of the blue from strangers but it's always nice to hear. Occasionally and respectful of people's time I do the same when I see someone with another nice older make and model that I like. It's not so often in L.A. that this happens but I also have a very stock looking SC so I think only people who really know the cars go out of their way (in my experience). However friends and others who are around my SC have at one time or another remarked at how much they like how it looks. It's a common thing we tend to report here on CL but people are usually surprised when I tell them it's a nearly 25 year old car.

I actually see a good handful of factory stock 92-00 SC's throughout L.A. and surrounding cities. Most of them are not modified. A few of them are very lightly modified with some nice wheels. It's much rarer to see any that have had serious work done under the hood. Three years ago in Florida I saw quite a few stock SC's and a few more that were undoubtedly turbocharged.

Ezroni, that's some kind of compliment the guy gave you. I'm sure he meant it to be funny but it does add a hair of discomfort I imagine
Old 11-23-16, 11:55 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 226 Likes on 206 Posts

I see the occasional SC around here, almost always very stock in appearance. My old neighbor has told me several times, he didn't much like the look of the car when I first got it, but he really, really likes it with good wheels. To the point he barely would have noticed one before, but can't stop commenting on it now.
Old 11-24-16, 07:23 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

I've received a few compliments, mostly "that's my favorite Lexus model ever!"
Old 11-24-16, 10:23 AM
salimshah

Received 994 Likes on 898 Posts

SC has drawn comments from certain segments of folks ,,, mid age .. most likely they would have considered SC as they got into the workforce. [leave the affordability out]

What evokes passion is the long rounded front [for me it is +, but for lot of folks it is a -]
Factory wheels [every one including me is a -]
Weight [for every one is a -, but back then for cruising it was ok]
Auto Shifter [Not a single soul has said it is good] ... prove me wrong.

Once I needed a jump and called AAA. The tech did not even know SC was Lexus although he owned a ES and LS. When he looked at the V8 he was flabbergasted ... 2dr coup with V8?? I told him it weighs a ton.

Salim
Old 11-24-16, 11:16 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 226 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by salimshah
Once I needed a jump and called AAA. The tech did not even know SC was Lexus although he owned a ES and LS. When he looked at the V8 he was flabbergasted ... 2dr coup with V8?? I told him it weighs a ton.
That's being generous.
Old 11-24-16, 04:14 PM
Fujiwara29
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always have people turning heads, probably because my car is so obnoxiously loud
Old 11-24-16, 04:16 PM
Ezroni
Pit Crew

thanks for the responses everyone

Originally Posted by Bergy1
Only had mine a couple days and been complimented several times already. Very clean 92 SC400.
&and i'm sure you're going to continue getting compliments

Originally Posted by Kira X
Back when I had aftermarket wheels on my SC I got compliments all the time. It used to get crazy attention at shows and meets too. Back then I had one of the cleanest Lexus' in the city.

Now my LS gets all of the compliments and my friends don't care for the SC. I'm in the process of getting new wheels, body kit, and a turbo to make it better than it was before. It will be a show stopper when I'm done with it.
don't ever be done with it good to know you still work on it

Originally Posted by ar3
I was on mobile and did not see you're in the Bay Area too! I reside in the central valley but I make very frequent trips in the bay (San Jose-Fremont). Would be dope to spot some local CL members
yeah man i'm in SF. hoping to go to some local meets in the future

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
I've received a few compliments, mostly "that's my favorite Lexus model ever!"
mine, too

Originally Posted by salimshah
SC has drawn comments from certain segments of folks ,,, mid age .. most likely they would have considered SC as they got into the workforce. [leave the affordability out]

What evokes passion is the long rounded front [for me it is +, but for lot of folks it is a -]
Factory wheels [every one including me is a -]
Weight [for every one is a -, but back then for cruising it was ok]
Auto Shifter [Not a single soul has said it is good] ... prove me wrong.

Salim
oh yeah tell me about it lol. my front lip paint got f***ed up because the smog guy thought it was a front-wheel-drive for some reason... prob never saw that car before, or the big shiny L on the front bumper

Originally Posted by Fujiwara29
I always have people turning heads, probably because my car is so obnoxiously loud
nothing wrong with that haha

Last edited by Ezroni; 11-24-16 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-25-16, 10:11 PM
SC510
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was driving with my windows down yesterday and this guy in a G35 compliments my car. He said it looked nice and asked me if it was a 300 or 400. The conversation was quick due to the fact the light turned green.

Last edited by SC510; 11-25-16 at 10:15 PM.
Old 11-26-16, 12:06 AM
Ezroni
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by kitabel
I think the few double-takes I get are not "I like the car", but "what is it?" (exterior completely blank: no badges, decals, logos, or emblems).

be proud to show off the L!!!

Originally Posted by SC510
Was driving with my windows down yesterday and this guy in a G35 compliments my car. He said it looked nice and asked me if it was a 300 or 400. The conversation was quick due to the fact the light turned green.
very sweet ride... glad the Infiniti owner knows about the SC!

Quick Reply: How often do people compliment your car?