IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My ISF and K&N Intake Test Are On Super Street Website

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-16, 06:37 PM
ISFSCOTT
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation My ISF and K&N Intake Test Are On Super Street Website

Here is the article my brother wrote and photos I shot for Super Street for the test I did for K&N and their Typhoon Intake for the ISF. Not sure why they used a different car for the main photo, I gave them some good ones of my car on the dyno and at the track. My car is pearl white.

This should finally put the intake discussions on here to bed as I was there for all the testing and it was done in the proper gear ( 6th ) unlike some other tests I have seen that were done in third. It also sounds incredible.There is no heat soak concerns like I have read in other tests and the throttle response is definitely better, not worse as I have also read about some intakes for the F.

18 rwhp from an intake is amazing and 7 rwtq is good too especially the extra 20 I gained under the curve. Stock as I posted before I ran 12.82 @ 111 with a 1.97 60 ft. time. I will be going back in a week or so for the follow up runs with the new intake.

Here it is:

www.superstreetonline.com/how-to/aftermarket-parts/quick-tech-kandn-intake-install-and-dyno-2013-lexus-is-f/

-

Last edited by ISFSCOTT; 11-28-16 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Mistake
Old 10-30-16, 06:41 PM
ISFSCOTT
Driver

Talking My ISF and K&N Intake Test Is On Super Street !

Last edited by ISFSCOTT; 10-30-16 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Duplicate from someone merging my posts.
Old 10-30-16, 06:43 PM
ISFSCOTT
Driver

Post My ISF Intake Test From Super Street

Last edited by ISFSCOTT; 10-30-16 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Because someone merged all my posts on this.
Old 10-30-16, 06:44 PM
ISFSCOTT
Driver

Cool My ISF Intake Test On Super Street

Last edited by ISFSCOTT; 10-30-16 at 09:50 PM.
Old 10-30-16, 07:16 PM
josh810
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thought there were other members that tested this extensively already. The injen, Takeda, along with the joez pipe and none of them really made any power, with a maybe to the joez. Some of them even lost power....
Old 10-30-16, 07:29 PM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

K&N intake was actually the worst intake for the ISF due to the open intake design. IIRC most testing shows a loss in power by 10 ish HP and it also looses the second intake flap
Old 10-30-16, 07:36 PM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Definitely let us know when you take it back to the track. I am interested in the outcome and how it does after running it for a while. Every other test has shown power loss.
Old 10-30-16, 07:43 PM
ISFSCOTT
Driver

Originally Posted by josh810
Thought there were other members that tested this extensively already. The injen, Takeda, along with the joez pipe and none of them really made any power, with a maybe to the joez. Some of them even lost power....
I read those threads and all I can tell you is I did these tests and install with my friend the shop owner Sam. I have been modding cars for over twenty years and never got this kind of a result from just a cold air package. And before anyone says it, I am no way compensated for this test nor was my brother who wrote it. We did the test to prove other reports we heard on other sites that this cold air kit made a difference.

Last edited by ISFSCOTT; 10-30-16 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Edit
Old 10-30-16, 07:46 PM
ISFSCOTT
Driver

Originally Posted by Biggu
K&N intake was actually the worst intake for the ISF due to the open intake design. IIRC most testing shows a loss in power by 10 ish HP and it also looses the second intake flap
You can read the dyno sheet yourself inside the link I posted. I have a lot of video and photos of the car on the rollers as we did the testing. It did nothing but gain a sizeable amount for such a easy mod. Yes it looses the second flap, it goes away when you take the factory box out.
Old 10-30-16, 07:48 PM
ISFSCOTT
Driver

Originally Posted by Joker4096
Definitely let us know when you take it back to the track. I am interested in the outcome and how it does after running it for a while. Every other test has shown power loss.
It was supposed to be this weekend but there was a race race at Bradenton all weekend. It won't be this week because I leave for SEMA this Tuesday so it eill
be the following week. But I will for sure post everything.

I can assure you from just the seat of the pants test it is quicker. I have been going to the track for twenty years in a multitude of cars and I have no doubt it's going to go a tenth or so quicker.

Last edited by ISFSCOTT; 10-30-16 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-30-16, 08:12 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Stock intake is the best and that's what I'm using
Old 10-30-16, 08:19 PM
ISFSCOTT
Driver

Originally Posted by jspecvtec
Stock intake is the best and that's what I'm using
I can tell you first hand this is incorrec, did you click the link and see my dyno nimbers ? . Throttle response and overall power gain is substantial for just a cold air kit. I'll have numbers from the track soon to back up the dyno sheets.
Old 10-30-16, 08:33 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFSCOTT
I can tell you first hand this is incorrec, did you click the link and see my dyno nimbers ? . Throttle response and overall power gain is substantial for just a cold air kit. I'll have numbers from the track soon to back up the dyno sheets.
Yes I have, it actually should be called a hot air kit rather than a cold air kit
Old 10-30-16, 08:40 PM
ISFSCOTT
Driver

Originally Posted by jspecvtec
Yes I have, it actually should be called a hot air kit rather than a cold air kit
lol because a minute amount of air comes in from the engine bay under the plate that the air filter is bolted to ? The straighter and larger diameter of the intake tube alone cancels the minimal amount of hot air the filter is drawing in. That and I modded the K&N design slightly to draw more air from the factory air scoop. Dyno's don't lie and neither will the et's at the track. Stay tuned.
Old 10-30-16, 09:28 PM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFSCOTT
lol because a minute amount of air comes in from the engine bay under the plate that the air filter is bolted to ? The straighter and larger diameter of the intake tube alone cancels the minimal amount of hot air the filter is drawing in. That and I modded the K&N design slightly to draw more air from the factory air scoop. Dyno's don't lie and neither will the et's at the track. Stay tuned.
Except for a lot more dynos saying the opposite of yours. Im curious to see the times and the mod to the design you did, if it really does provide that much gain it would be great.

Quick Reply: My ISF and K&N Intake Test Are On Super Street Website