NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Clear Bra/paint protection

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-16, 07:33 AM
jdt
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Clear Bra/paint protection

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone here has a paint protection film installed to their NX at the front? Does the film cover the entire front or just the hood? Also is it possible to apply a paint protection film if there a couple of rock chips in the paint? Thanks.
Old 10-27-16, 07:43 AM
batchelor
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes, I have it as I find it necessary for winter roads her in BC. It can be placed over a non perfect front end but you may want to touch up before applying the film. Mine goes halfway up the hood, front bumper, lights and sides.
Old 10-27-16, 12:41 PM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

I have it on the hood only. My thinking is that the bumper is flexible (a little) and should be less vulnerable to chipping. I may be being a bit over optimistic, but that's how I justified not spending the extra money. I thought about the headlights as I really like a crystal clear lens covers, but I did them on another car and it never looked right. I may still do them, because the LED option was EXPENSIVE, and draws attention to the headlights because they're so awesome.

Just over 2K miles, with no chips yet (we need a crossed fingers emoji)
Old 10-27-16, 05:29 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

We installed ours all the way to the windshield, including the headlights, plus the painted parts of the mirrors. We did ours before driving it so I can't really comment on placing over paint with a couple of chips already. I have installed it on my last several vehicles and think it really helps. I can't even tell it is on the headlights so it doesn't detract in any way. The XPEL material has UV protection and will help prevent the glazing of plastic lenses. My last car headlight lenses looked like new at the five year mark with absolutely no frosting of the lenses. I like these products and personally think they are helpful. I will never buy new without it again.
Old 05-08-17, 10:33 PM
DampDuffer
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Oh yeah, I'm a firm believer of covering the entire front, hood, and front fenders, as well as the forward facing portions of the mirrors, all four door handle cups, all four door edges, and the upper portion of the rear bumper with Xpel Ultimate "self healing protective film."

I've had it applied to our 2016 Audi Q3 and to the 2017 NX F-Sport before the cars even came home.

From the Xpel website: Contaminants like bug splatter, bird droppings, sap and road tar wipe off XPEL ULTIMATE’s super-slick surface with a cloth, while scuffs and light scratches in the surface of the film disappear within minutes in the heat of the sun or the warmth of your garage—leaving your car pristine and the protective film like new.

I did have to swirl the warmth from a hair dryer over one of the rock hits below a headlight on the Audi to repair the blemish from a rock hit, but after 18 months of driving there is not one single mark on the areas covered by the protective film.

http://www.xpel.com/products/