IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

is-f reliability

Old 10-26-16, 07:43 AM
kings222
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default is-f reliability

soooo I've had my is-f for 2 years almost...got it at 55k and now its at 75k.

I can honestly say im disappointed and curious about other peoples experiences even though theres other threads.

I am thinking that ilke every 2-3 months somethings wrong...check engine light comes on.

I've had my cat replaced...my MAF went out about a month ago...got a new one (from what the dealer told me) still an issue...got a new air filter...check engine light comes on again.

I've been good with maintenance...but, like I said there's a continuous issue.

Heavily debating on selling it because im sick of taking It in.
Old 10-26-16, 07:50 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Are you modded?
Old 10-26-16, 07:58 AM
nickj718
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 44 Posts

Wow this is surprising to me. Iv had mine for a year and haven't had a single problem. I gave the car to my wife in July and daily drives the car, not a single issue.
Old 10-26-16, 07:58 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Sounds like bad luck. I have 110k on mine with absolutely zero issues. I'm modded all around. Sometimes I don't trust the dealers because they're not use to working on an F performance car.
Old 10-26-16, 08:17 AM
kings222
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Are you modded?
just an exhaust and intake...was debating on doing the tune but now im glad I didn't bc who knows what type of ****** the dealer would give me if something is wrong.

I love the car...except the white seats ha.

heavily heavily debating on a jeep wrangler 4 door...anyone have experience with them?
Old 10-26-16, 08:25 AM
jdubbsISF
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like the previous owner drove it really hard and didn't do any maintenance. If you're the original owner, then it sounds like a dud. Haven't had any problems with mine and I'd say that 95% of the forum would probably agree.
Old 10-26-16, 08:48 AM
kings222
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jdubbs350
Sounds like the previous owner drove it really hard and didn't do any maintenance. If you're the original owner, then it sounds like a dud. Haven't had any problems with mine and I'd say that 95% of the forum would probably agree.
well thankfully I bought the extended warranty....non the less its a nuisance.

My wife's is250 (my old car) is great....no issues at all.

Im going to bring it in again to the dealer and see what they say AGAIN.

If I have one more issues after this than i'm going to sell my car.
Old 10-26-16, 08:54 AM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If you don't like issues then a wrangler is probably not your best bet. Sorry to hear you're having issues, like others have said you don't seem to have the same experience as most of us, at least its still under warranty.
Old 10-26-16, 09:03 AM
tonykdee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Possibly try a different dealer since you're still under warranty? Where in CA are you? As much as most of us shy away from dealer service, i'm sure someone here can recommend a decent dealer to go to.
Old 10-26-16, 09:48 AM
kings222
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tonykdee
Possibly try a different dealer since you're still under warranty? Where in CA are you? As much as most of us shy away from dealer service, i'm sure someone here can recommend a decent dealer to go to.
im in woodland hills...san Fernando valley...I can go to thousand oaks lexus and see if that changes anything.

I know jeep's aren't the best but from what I've read as long as you support your mods you'll be fine....I mainly want it for snowboarding and bc I surf I want to be able to just throw my stuff in without worrying.
Old 10-26-16, 10:05 AM
Eminence
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

If dealing with a little fluke on the isf is a nuisance I suggest staying away from Jeep. On top of having the F, I have a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee that I drive daily. No mods on it besides some upgraded oem 20s. I have been dealing with drivetrain and powertrain issues; loss of power and transmission shift issues. The car has been at the dealership multiple times and they refuse to swap the tranny. The 2014 GC came out of the line with transmission problems. Just food for thought.
Old 10-26-16, 10:47 AM
kings222
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Eminence
If dealing with a little fluke on the isf is a nuisance I suggest staying away from Jeep. On top of having the F, I have a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee that I drive daily. No mods on it besides some upgraded oem 20s. I have been dealing with drivetrain and powertrain issues; loss of power and transmission shift issues. The car has been at the dealership multiple times and they refuse to swap the tranny. The 2014 GC came out of the line with transmission problems. Just food for thought.
appreciate your 2cents....my wife has been saying similar things about jeep...stay away...I've heard it to many, many times.

I'd love a raptor but im trying to lower my car payment instead of it being the same...

any suggestions on a good 4x4 sub 30k?
Old 10-26-16, 12:30 PM
RNISF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We had bought a brand new 4 door jeep wrangler. We owned it for a year and about 10000 miles. It was rattling apart, gutless, got 11 mpg on the freeway and had the check engine light on for cat issues, drive train issues, etc about 4 times. Traded it in. My isf on the other hand had 0 issues in the 21/2 years I had it
Old 10-26-16, 12:32 PM
GAISF
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kings222
appreciate your 2cents....my wife has been saying similar things about jeep...stay away...I've heard it to many, many times.

I'd love a raptor but im trying to lower my car payment instead of it being the same...

any suggestions on a good 4x4 sub 30k?
Have you looked at the Subaru lineup? Great all wheel drive cars if that's something you're needing. I was recently in the dealership (looking at wrx's before deciding on the IS F) and liked the new Forester. Might not be a fit if you're looking to mod a wrangler though I guess...
Old 10-26-16, 12:46 PM
PatrickISF
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by kings222
just an exhaust and intake...was debating on doing the tune but now im glad I didn't bc who knows what type of ****** the dealer would give me if something is wrong.

I love the car...except the white seats ha.

heavily heavily debating on a jeep wrangler 4 door...anyone have experience with them?
What kind of intake? Does it have a filter you need to oil every so often? I know if you over oil those filters it can gum up the MAF and cause issues.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: is-f reliability