LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2010 LS460 Sport with low mileage - should I bite?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-16, 11:55 AM
one wolf
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 LS460 Sport with low mileage - should I bite?

I own a 2008 IS350 that I bought new. First and only new car I'll ever own, and I have loved it thoroughly. But one day I want an LS and I'm wondering if today is that day. I have come across a loaded 2010 LS460 Sport with less than 25k miles, one owner - an old guy. $33.5k is the lowest he'll go. Seems high but I'm willing to put a serious premium on the uber low mileage. Thoughts on price?

Also the one thing (only thing) I think I don't like about the Sport is the leather two-tone stuff. Feels cowboyish like it belongs in an F150 lorado. Anybody have one and do you love it, hate it, did it grow on you or did you come to hate it after initially loving it?

Any other thoughts pros/cons on the Sport version? I do love my IS but the things over time I tired of was the tight steering (when 95% of my driving is traffic laden commute) and lack of space. While I love the IS power when I (rarely) want it, I love the Lexus plush feel much better. But the sport package seems like the perfect thing to me so I have coveted one for a while now. Not a big fan of the new X grills so I'm hoping to get a 2010 or 2011 before they all get 100-200k miles on them.

So is this a good one? Should I pull the trigger?
Old 10-21-16, 12:14 PM
superdenso
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by one wolf
I own a 2008 IS350 that I bought new. First and only new car I'll ever own, and I have loved it thoroughly. But one day I want an LS and I'm wondering if today is that day. I have come across a loaded 2010 LS460 Sport with less than 25k miles, one owner - an old guy. $33.5k is the lowest he'll go. Seems high but I'm willing to put a serious premium on the uber low mileage. Thoughts on price?

Also the one thing (only thing) I think I don't like about the Sport is the leather two-tone stuff. Feels cowboyish like it belongs in an F150 lorado. Anybody have one and do you love it, hate it, did it grow on you or did you come to hate it after initially loving it?

Any other thoughts pros/cons on the Sport version? I do love my IS but the things over time I tired of was the tight steering (when 95% of my driving is traffic laden commute) and lack of space. While I love the IS power when I (rarely) want it, I love the Lexus plush feel much better. But the sport package seems like the perfect thing to me so I have coveted one for a while now. Not a big fan of the new X grills so I'm hoping to get a 2010 or 2011 before they all get 100-200k miles on them.

Give it the inspection, check the kbb and then go at him with a certified check for what you want to pay...hard to say no to a determined buyer "at the plate"
Old 10-21-16, 12:26 PM
one wolf
Driver School Candidate

Maybe I shouldn't even be so enamored with the Sport, but honestly I love the accouterments that come with it. But if there are no settings for a somewhat non-sporty suspension and steering, then perhaps I should just go ahead and embrace my inner old dude and get a loaded non-sport. The rims... honeycomb grill... and the ability to feel sporty when I do occasionally want it. But if it's going to be as tight as my IS350 and that can't be adjusted, perhaps I just need to go non-sport.
Old 10-21-16, 12:47 PM
teedub21
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Love mine. That price seems reasonable to me.

I get nothing but positive comments on the interior. Especially the matte finished wood.

My only gripe is the brakes squeal and make more dust than every BMW I've owned combined. I'll likely switch out the front rotors and pads soon for aftermarket.
Old 10-21-16, 01:15 PM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

I've got one of those non-sport models, a 2010. I have no desire for the sport model but have nothing against it. I'm not sure there is much in the way of sportiness that the "sport" gets that my non sport doesn't have, except the F sport badging, seat trim, and maybe some other trim. I could be wrong though. But if the trim on the sport model looks more snazzy, more power to ya, don't bame ya. Either way, sport or not, I believe you would love it. And the steering doesn't feel tight as you've mentioned. If anything, it's vague, but that has it's advantages as well. It feels buttery smooth to me. As far as power ... I've not driven a late model IS, but the 4.6L has really great torque. In a drag race, or a highway pull, I'm not certain, but the LS may roll across the finish line first. So for power, you would be happy.
Old 10-21-16, 01:32 PM
teedub21
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Aside from the interior the only mechanical differences are the huge Brembo brakes on the sport. Don't forget the forged aluminum 19" wheels, paddle shifters, grill and lower body valances the sport has as well.
Old 10-21-16, 01:52 PM
seanl
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

While $33.5K is probably all the money on that car, it's not a terrible deal for $29-30K. As far as I know, there's not much difference between the 2010, 2011, or my 2012 LS 460 Sport.

Interestingly enough, my car has tinted windows and when I bought it back in April I couldn't even see the brown on the seating surfaces...it's very subtle. I like it.

Yes, the Brembos are dustier than the Kansas plains. I drove a few thousand miles on the stock pads before ditching 80% them for ceramic Power Stops. The Power Stops produce probably 20% of the dust that the Brembos do. It's night and day.

The air suspension works great and ride quality in Normal is just fine. Comfort is very plush, and I find myself using it often. I rarely use the firmer sport setting though, I just don't drive the car that hard, I have another car for spirited driving.

No way will that guy get anywhere near $33K on trade for a 2010. He's stuck with that car for who know how long at that price. Show up with $29K. Maybe $30K.

What color is it btw? Did you run the service history on LexusDriver?
Old 10-21-16, 02:59 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by superdenso
Give it the inspection, check the kbb and then go at him with a certified check for what you want to pay...hard to say no to a determined buyer "at the plate"
BINGO! A man after my own heart!

Originally Posted by one wolf
...... one owner - an old guy.

Hey, watch that "old guy" stuff, there are a few of us on here.

I think you will not only get used to it, but also grow to love it.

As superdenso said, if it passes inspection, go for it.
Old 10-21-16, 03:07 PM
one wolf
Driver School Candidate

Thanks all - perfect feedback top to bottom.
Old 10-21-16, 03:14 PM
seanl
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

come on now, what's not to like? I love driving this car, and since I tend to spend most of my time inside the car, gotta love the interior!

Old 10-21-16, 04:07 PM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I personally love mine.

Its the perfect blend between plush cruiser and wolf in sheeps clothing. Especially with a light exhaust mod.

Flip it into comfort mode and it will reward you with plush that rivals town cars, Throw it into Sport+PWR and it'll surprise you just how nimble it gets. Yes, it's that much of a difference!

I look forward to getting a 13+ F-Sport once a few more miles tick on mine. (and new style comes out)
Old 10-21-16, 04:44 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

With 19" wheels, it is going to ride firmer and have more tire noise than a base LS, which have what, 17" or 18" wheels/tires. I'd say test drive a regular model and see if you notice much of a difference.

Also what color is it?? If its an oddball like burgandy or gold, you can use that as a negotiating point. Or if its black and has a bunch of swirl marks in the paint, another thing you could use as a bargaining chip.
Old 10-21-16, 06:12 PM
2v1g
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One wolf, have you test drive it yet? Is there anything you don't like about its driving? Try it on some bumpy road and see how the air suspension works. I tried 3 2010 with air suspension. All air struts are in mediocre status and feel worse than regular suspension.

how long has that guy being selling the car? He knows some people are willing to pay high price for very low mileages. Only time will soften him up
Old 10-22-16, 01:51 AM
salesguy
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sean - that matte bamboo is wonderful. I almost overpaid for a 2011 just to get it. Very hard to find though. If I were ordering new I'd get that wood in a heartbeat.
Old 10-22-16, 03:56 AM
Rhambler
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Am I the only one seeing these pictures upside down? There were other pictures in other threads that were flipped as well.

If it passes muster, get it. Negotiate what you can, but it's a great car. Supremely quiet and smooth and surprisingly fast.

Quick Reply: 2010 LS460 Sport with low mileage - should I bite?