LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

What do you dislike about your LX 570?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-16, 10:44 AM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default What do you dislike about your LX 570?

Don't get me wrong, I love the truck, but it is not perfect. My complaint is entertainment system does not let you have videos from Youtube by using data from your cell phone. Do you guys know how to bypass it and allow one to see videos on the screens?
Old 10-21-16, 12:31 PM
brywhite
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

It took me a while to figure out how to use the rear seat entertainment system and then once I figured it out, I forgot how to use it again. Fortunately I have a 10 year old who takes care of all that now.

If you have an iPhone/iPad, you can use a Lightning to HDMI adapter and an HDMI cable connected to the HDMI input on the rear console to view video in the rear of the vehicle. The HDMI also carries the audio signal. Just make sure the HDMI input is selected as the rear seat input. Audio should be available on the wireless headphones.
Old 10-21-16, 01:57 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by brywhite
It took me a while to figure out how to use the rear seat entertainment system and then once I figured it out, I forgot how to use it again. Fortunately I have a 10 year old who takes care of all that now.

If you have an iPhone/iPad, you can use a Lightning to HDMI adapter and an HDMI cable connected to the HDMI input on the rear console to view video in the rear of the vehicle. The HDMI also carries the audio signal. Just make sure the HDMI input is selected as the rear seat input. Audio should be available on the wireless headphones.
Thank you. I will give it a try.
Old 10-22-16, 01:42 AM
Superbeast
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love mine too, but I have some little complaints, which really are just nitpicks.

I wish there was a way to disable the steering wheel from moving in and out every time the truck is turned on or off.

I wish you could show a DVD for the rear screen, and still use the radio or XM for the front seat passengers.

The controls for the windows and locks on the driver's door are very awkward, IMO. Not ergonomic at all. I have to snake my arm down and around the door pull to reach the buttons.

I'm not crazy about the 20" wheels, and wish BFG made an all terrain in the stock size. I can go up a sidewall height and be able to put the tires on that I want, but I'm not sure if I'll have rubbing issues. When it comes time to buy tires I'll do some research.

Overall its a fantastic vehicle. It's pure joy driving it!
Old 10-22-16, 08:44 AM
brywhite
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Superbeast, There are preferences for how the seat/steering wheel behaves when the vehicle is turned on or off.

To configure, you'll need to access the vehicle customization menu as follows:

Press the MENU button & Highlight SETUP using the Remote Touch - push **** to select.
Scroll to page 2, highlight the VEHICLE icon and push **** to select
Highlight VEHICLE CUSTOMIZATION and push **** to select
Select Category from the next menu.

The Easy Exit feature (moving steering wheel / seat) is item 18 in the Other Vehicle Settings Category.

18. Driver’s Seat Easy Exit*
When the vehicle is placed in park and the ignition turned off, the driver seat can be set as follows:
> Remain in the current position, as set by the driver = Off
> Automatically move partially away from the steering wheel = Partial
> Automatically move fully away from the steering wheel (Standard) = Full
* If equipped

I don't know of a setting that applies to ONLY the steering wheel but hopefully this will help you out.

The PDF manual for these and other LX570 settings is here: http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/MY1...navigation.pdf

Last edited by brywhite; 10-22-16 at 08:47 AM.
Old 10-22-16, 09:00 AM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Superbeast
I'm not crazy about the 20" wheels, and wish BFG made an all terrain in the stock size. I can go up a sidewall height and be able to put the tires on that I want, but I'm not sure if I'll have rubbing issues. When it comes time to buy tires I'll do some research.

Overall its a fantastic vehicle. It's pure joy driving it!
Rock Warriors are the lightest wheels allowing the largest tire at 17". In fact it is the only choice in 17", quite a change from the 5x114.3 where I had a ton of choices.
There are also plentiful 18" Tundra wheels which are inexpensive.
Comparing the same tires, either will provide a bigger contact patch, better ride, and quieter as well - at 33psi.
If you want to keep the 20s, 285/55/20 will put you at 32.34" diameter vs stock 31.22."
~32.7" (the size of the 285/70/17) is about as big as you would want for the wheel wells of the 570. They rub only at full lock. I looked at the 295/70/17 but they will rub excessively under articulation,
Old 10-22-16, 09:05 AM
Superbeast
Rookie

brywite, thanks for taking the time for your response.

I looked again, hoping I missed the option in the setup menu, and I'm thinking the 2011 didn't have the option to turn it off.

There's nothing in the manual, and in the vehicle customization/setup screen there is no easy exit option, unfortunately.

I'll keep looking though!
Old 10-22-16, 09:08 AM
Superbeast
Rookie

Chocolate, thanks a bunch. Great info. Do you think the 285/55/20s will rub at full lock?
Old 10-22-16, 10:39 AM
REDHORSE
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

My 2011 eats batteries. In fact, it is sitting in he garage right now waiting on AAA to come jump it off. This will be third battery.
Old 10-22-16, 02:29 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Superbeast
Chocolate, thanks a bunch. Great info. Do you think the 285/55/20s will rub at full lock?
They'll be fine. These are .35" larger diameter and only just barely rub at full lock.
Old 10-22-16, 03:14 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

What I hate most on my '16 LX (sorted by importance for me):
1. Front bumper (approach angle). A bumper similar to LC would be much better.
2. Adaptive cruise control - missing 5 mph adjustment steps when holding the lever (similar to LS460)
3. Audio - not possible to skip mp3 folders by holding up/down buttons on the steering wheel (similar to LS460)
4. Adaptive headlights - the headlights do not turn (sharp curves etc.). It's standard on most luxury cars today LX has quite wide light angle, but I am still missing adaptive headlights which I have on my LS.
5. Rear camera - much worse than on most Lexus and Toyota vehicles.
6. Tires/wheels - O.K., it's easy to fix. But at least, there should be an option to order it with more appropriate 18" wheels and AT tires.

Otherewise it's a great SUV and I love it :-)
Old 11-03-16, 07:51 PM
jacal
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dislikes? yes, there are a few, but I'm truly nitpicking (2010 lx 570 prem package)

-interior ergonomics - just need to be way way better. I want my phone to sit somewhere, better cupholders, etc. My 03 4R did those basics better for my purposes
-smallish gas tank combined with way over agressive low fuel warnings grr!!!
-can't reset the mpg manually (4R could)
-complex controls, and I've read the manual!
-navigating the sound system modes and channels is poor imo
-touch screen reliance for some functions
-3rd row needs improvement for comfort
-2nd row fold forward securing "straps" oh please. Then while bombing down the logging roads the seats rub on the front and make noise!
-noise of roof - pulling the interior "shade" really makes it quieter...I'd like that level of sound, but with that shade open!
-a little awkward for the hitch pin access for towing
-front approach (she now carries a big ugly chin scrap! man that water dug a much deeper trench than I expected through the road! I might have been saved had I went to high mode... I'll take responsibility (this time).
-seats are great...but not perfect...not sure what I'm missing...somehow I'm not distributing my weight quite right...and I feel like the seat bottom should support more.
-wierd dial pushes in.out for seat fan/heat
-rear view camera...I want that thing to instantly snap onto the display...in the morning I get in, start, put it in R and I'm still on the "lexus" screen...gah!
-interior seems to scuff/marr easier than I expected.
-oddly there are some situations where I expected more of the transmission...some shifts are unexpected, and I sense a little lag in certain situations.

Seriously first world problems. But wow am I happy overall...towing, launching the boat, off road, deep deep snow, smooth, quiet, comfortable...long hours to the lake just isn't punishing...I arrive refreshed not tired! Incredible suspension - I raise it to full height (+low gear) and get through where I need without scraping, but then I can set to low for grandma's entry/exit. The smoothness over the washboard flat out amazes me.

J
Old 11-04-16, 03:26 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

Only thing I would like would be the 3rd row being able to be removed like my LX470.
Old 11-04-16, 09:59 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
Only thing I would like would be the 3rd row being able to be removed like my LX470.
if you have about 10 minutes to spare and (iirc) a 14mm socket, the 3rd row is definitely and easily removable. No rocket science is involved.
Old 11-04-16, 03:44 PM
REDHORSE
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

The method of securing the 2nd row seats in the "stowed" condition absolutely stinks. You would think Toyota could come up with something a little more innovative than a strap and a hook in their top of the line SUV. We often carry items requiring the 2nd row seats be raised, and every time I have to roll up the strap and stick it back in the bottom of the seat to return the seat to its normal condition it really aggravates me.

Quick Reply: What do you dislike about your LX 570?