IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Toms rear diffuser from Mod in Japan zzzz

Old 10-21-16, 05:50 AM
Grey1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toms rear diffuser from Mod in Japan zzzz

So I ordered a Toms rear diffuser from Mod in Japan back in July, still waiting for them to send it out, last update was delivery in mid October, but they don't respond to emails - really frustrating!!!
Anyone else having this issue?
Old 10-21-16, 06:44 AM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

There have been several posts or threads about them doing this since a certain someone left. Looks like they've been on a decline since then and you have to call them out publicly (on here) to even hear back.
Old 10-21-16, 06:46 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Wow, i didn't think it was that bad.
Old 10-21-16, 10:46 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

We do apologize for the lack of communication. We were unable to get an exact date from TOMS'S RACING USA till a couple of days ago. (Thank you to MR. HABIBI)
They assured us that the container with all my TOM'S order are arriving at the port on November 2nd. Hopefully i can start shipping all the orders by the 4-5th depending on when the container actually arrives at TOM'S USA.

I will be sending everyone an email shortly

thanks
Lou
Old 10-21-16, 11:00 AM
Fuzzyoner
Driver School Candidate

I can't stand it when people start threads just to bash a company. Especially when it's their very first post.
They probably have no idea how hard it is to start and run a business in this day and age.
Just like Lou said its out of his hands since its on a container coming from Japan and it's somewhere on a boat who knows where.
Its not that simple....it's not like ordering parts from a few states away.
If you order something from Japan you should literally just assume it will arrive when it arrives
Old 10-21-16, 11:18 AM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

I have absolutely no problem with these kind of threads. If you (as a customer) send repeated emails and can't even pull a response out of them you do what you can to make sure you're being taken care of. Should he sit there with his **** in his hand? What if it shipped without tracking and was stolen of his porch and he doesn't find out until months later? What if he'll be out of town for 2 weeks and needs to plan for someone to grab it so it isn't returned to sender? I could go on......

This is basic customer service etiquette. It's out of your hands? I can understand that, I can live with that, but tell me that so I know what to expect. Don't leave me in the dark. You guys are missing the point, OP isn't mad that he hasn't gotten it he's mad MOJ can't be bother to reply to an email.

That being said, OP may or may not want to edit his post if they do make things right. Having seen a few threads/posts like this already I'd leave it up since this isn't a once in a blue moon kind of situation but that's just me.
Old 10-21-16, 11:30 AM
Fuzzyoner
Driver School Candidate

Yes it is basic customer service etiquette to reply to emails and I won't argue with that one bit

There are many ways to resolve the issue at hand and publicly bashing a company on a forum just seems petty to me

Did he send him a DM...how many emails did he send.....is there a phone number to call
You could file a claim with how you sent payment...that will surely get his attention.
Old 10-21-16, 11:43 AM
DarthChu
Driver School Candidate

When i bought my toms diffuser, i waited 7 months. took forever. Yes it sucks that it takes so long and not getting any email responses.
Old 10-21-16, 11:54 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

is not a customized wheels, so is not going to be that long , 4 to 8 weeks for those parts. Wheels are the longest to wait for , any other parts before u order , call or text make sure they have instock or the distributor have it. Then place the order
Old 10-21-16, 12:10 PM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

I know someone who gets these diffusers monthly and only collects payments when they arrive and are ready to ship. But that's none of my business though

Old 10-21-16, 12:26 PM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by lolfunxion
I have absolutely no problem with these kind of threads. If you (as a customer) send repeated emails and can't even pull a response out of them you do what you can to make sure you're being taken care of. Should he sit there with his **** in his hand? What if it shipped without tracking and was stolen of his porch and he doesn't find out until months later? What if he'll be out of town for 2 weeks and needs to plan for someone to grab it so it isn't returned to sender? I could go on......

This is basic customer service etiquette. It's out of your hands? I can understand that, I can live with that, but tell me that so I know what to expect. Don't leave me in the dark. You guys are missing the point, OP isn't mad that he hasn't gotten it he's mad MOJ can't be bother to reply to an email.

That being said, OP may or may not want to edit his post if they do make things right. Having seen a few threads/posts like this already I'd leave it up since this isn't a once in a blue moon kind of situation but that's just me.

I just want to explain a little more here. If you look at the what the OP said, i told him mid OCT so at that point i've updated him on what info i had via email. I've been in contact with Brian at TOM'S RACING USA everyday to get an update since that was the date promised to us. Its the third week of OCT now and we finally got an eta from them. I didn't wait to months to give anyone updates, instead i wanted to give a firm eta to everyone that ordered instead of saying end of the month or begging of the next. That would just give them false promises again.

Also, We always provide tracking numbers generated from our website when we do ship them out via our website.

If you need to verify anything please call BRIAN at TOMS RACING USA @ 909-923-9188

Mr. Habibi has info straight from TOM'S RACING JAPAN stating the problem (sorry i forgot his CL user name) if the other guy gets them monthly, not sure from where because JAPAN clearly stated this:
Due to our production problem, delivery has been stopped to our regret.
Howevere, the problem was solved and IS diffuser was shipped to be on the way from Japan to USA. it will reach US port in early November then custom clearance etc. These situation is reported to our agent there, so they will do their best to deliver to the customer as soon as possible.

Hope this helps everyone
Old 10-21-16, 12:43 PM
isFamily
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lolfunxion
i know someone who gets these diffusers monthly and only collects payments when they arrive and are ready to ship. But that's none of my business though

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Old 10-21-16, 01:19 PM
Max16
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mr2dave
I agree 100% with what was said above. It is so true that once an international shipment is on a container, it literally is at the mercy of the wind (and the weather and the crew and the ports and the labor and the...) and a realistic expectation from most things coming cargo from Asia is a 60 - 250 day crapshoot.

I know this is a tough pill to swallow for someone who does not fully understand the workings of international logistics. Especially if they are eagerly waiting on a purchase but the reality it, once it is on that ship container and in that network, you are helpless.
This is not true. It's what every shop tells you.
I'm doing overseas shipment each week and I can tell you I know exactly where each vessel is. There can be delays but not 100 days..... More like 10-20 days at maximum.
I think the lack of communication between both company branch is the problem. Other thing is that they could be shipping these at a "ship it and it'll get there whenever it'll get there" so it may transit everywhere around the globe. The shipping company will still know where the container is. We are not in 1925
Old 10-21-16, 01:19 PM
geero
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I got Tom's fronts and sides from ModInJapan at an amazing price, they are legit. Maybe the frustration should be focused at Tom's Japan since they are clearing having issues with manufacturing. Please look at the situation behind the seller's point of view before making any judgements.
Old 10-21-16, 01:25 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Hey guys ! I ordered a full kit from ModInJapan on 7/3 . I received my lip and side pieces in less than 48 hours ( and even ordered the parts over the phone while laying on the beach in SD) . I was truly BLOWN AWAY by the service and response time from Modinjapan . The only piece missing was the diffuser . I was told 30-45 days because there was a production issue and Tom's had to redo a big batch . It has now been 4.5 months . I was frustrated and to be honest , taking it out on he wrong party. I texted low angry texts demanding info and he would swear he was in the same boat . I finally got frustrated enough to PM Tom's directly on Facebook and learned that Tom's dropped the ball BIG TIME !! Modinjapan is in the same boat as all of us. Looks like me getting upset and Lou's daily phone calls finally did something because we now have a set date for arrival into LA port . 11/2 plus a day or so for customs and a few more for shipping . Just expect it mid November .

Modinjapan delivers stellar service in my experience . I think we are getting mad at the wrong people .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Toms rear diffuser from Mod in Japan zzzz