IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

who really pushes their isf daily??

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-16, 05:09 PM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default who really pushes their isf daily??

I've been with the second gen gs community for almsot 10 years now.. I love the 1uz/3uz platform.. unfortunately it seems like age is taking its toll on my car and i think it might be time for a new daily. Im still amazed that my 01 gs430 has taken almost 100K worth of city driving abuse. And at 220k miles i still redline it multiple times a day.. The reliability of lexus has made this car cheap to own and a blast to drive.. Now that im looking into an isf, im hoping i could have the same experience but with all the new gadgets

so who here really gets on it and only has positive things to say??
Old 09-29-16, 05:16 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

i've had my 09' since 2011. first year i had it, didn't really drive it too hard bc i just loved the car so much and wanted to 'save' it. but then i realized, 'what the hell i'm i doing??' drive it pretty hard everyday. hear that shift beep every other day. downshift to hear that exhaust pop/backfire every chance i get. get the back tires loose pretty often. no issues. still love the car and try and enjoy it for what it was made to do. good luck w/ your search and make the switch.
Old 09-29-16, 05:19 PM
av8or
Intermediate

Received 92 Likes on 50 Posts

while it is so easy and tempting to push it, i have to control my right foot every now and then.. once in awhile, when i have a clear path in front i would push it but then back off almost immediately as soon as i hit 100- 110mph.. not worth it to get a ticket imho.. plus in my line of work, tickets are frowned upon.. it does make me smile when i feel compelled to be stupid once in awhile..
Old 09-29-16, 05:34 PM
Drok149
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've never owned such a reliable car. I beat on it daily with over 300 passes at the drag strip. My car is an 08 with a 142k and haven't had a single issue. Pull the trigger and get one you will not be disappointed!
Old 09-29-16, 06:09 PM
Minh93
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have money get 2011+ price range 32-39k, 50-75k miles.
Old 09-29-16, 06:10 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Guilty as charged. My last two years of ownership, I drove it in manual mode daily. I would cruise in 3rd or 4th and whenever possible 2nd, mash the kickdown swtich and redline the car. The downshifts were endless. In no time I would move the oil temperature gauge two bars over from normal operating temperature.

For the last few months, I've chilled out...not for the cars sake just for mine. I've already gotten 4 tickets and pretty close calls with the Fuzz. I look forward to tracking it someday and drive it with impunity. I definitely felt like a douchebag in some instances...telling myself, "I shouldn't have done that."...lol.

I only have an exhaust and I just love hearing it roar. I kid you not...I snap more necks than Steven Segal...lmao! The look of confusion on everyone's faces is priceless!
Old 09-29-16, 06:14 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by av8or
while it is so easy and tempting to push it, i have to control my right foot every now and then.. once in awhile, when i have a clear path in front i would push it but then back off almost immediately as soon as i hit 100- 110mph.. not worth it to get a ticket imho.. plus in my line of work, tickets are frowned upon.. it does make me smile when i feel compelled to be stupid once in awhile..
Exactly! I'm studying for my A/P licenses. It's a long story but I'm finally chilling out. I don't want to bring anymore unnecessary problems. I've had to learn things the hard way.
Old 09-29-16, 06:32 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

I daily my 2011 F I've had it brand new since Nov 2010. I work 4pm to 12 mid on my way home I'm able to drive aggressively I'm talk deep triple digits with no issues other than one which was Valley Plate leak that was covered under warranty. My F was and is still a beast and with Tune now available were at new beginning.
Old 09-29-16, 06:54 PM
ROYALISF
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
Guilty as charged. My last two years of ownership, I drove it in manual mode daily. I would cruise in 3rd or 4th and whenever possible 2nd, mash the kickdown swtich and redline the car. The downshifts were endless. In no time I would move the oil temperature gauge two bars over from normal operating temperature.
I do this as much as possible. An exhaust makes it sound so mean on downshifts. I had a daily and sold it because I hated leaving the F at home. Takes the abuse like a champ, best daily there is IMO.
Old 09-29-16, 07:06 PM
Minh93
Driver

So many people drive the F so hard, makes me kinda worry when I buy a used one. Hopefully I will get the one that get abuse as less as possible.
Old 09-29-16, 07:25 PM
ROYALISF
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Minh93
So many people drive the F so hard, makes me kinda worry when I buy a used one. Hopefully I will get the one that get abuse as less as possible.
Ehh I wouldn't be worried. Service history is key. I don't beat the snot out of mine but a few pulls here and there won't hurt it one bit
Old 09-29-16, 08:01 PM
Minh93
Driver

Originally Posted by ROYALISF
Ehh I wouldn't be worried. Service history is key. I don't beat the snot out of mine but a few pulls here and there won't hurt it one bit
If I own an F, I would do the same thing but not drive it like stupid racing. Wooooottt the exhaut and max blow gear 1 are my favorite thing that I like to do .
Old 09-29-16, 08:52 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by gsean400
I've been with the second gen gs community for almsot 10 years now.. I love the 1uz/3uz platform.. unfortunately it seems like age is taking its toll on my car and i think it might be time for a new daily. Im still amazed that my 01 gs430 has taken almost 100K worth of city driving abuse. And at 220k miles i still redline it multiple times a day.. The reliability of lexus has made this car cheap to own and a blast to drive.. Now that im looking into an isf, im hoping i could have the same experience but with all the new gadgets

so who here really gets on it and only has positive things to say??
just be prepared to shell out a little extra for the fuel, tires, brakes, oil, etc... its got 10 quart capacity for oil, brembo brakes which cost more than a typical brake setup, need for better tires, there are alternatives if you dont mind sacrificing performance, for instance my cpo car had some duralast pads in them which got swapped right back out to the original brembos. Havent looked back since. car gets anywhere from 16-20 city and up to 25+ highway has lots of luxury features, handles great, awesome chassis and you fly past most cars on the road.
Old 09-29-16, 09:49 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

drive it like you stole it, the reason you bought the F is to drive it hard. there is a reason why we all chose the isf over a basic is250/350, we all wanted the RAW power the car is able to provide
Old 09-30-16, 01:02 AM
isFamily
Driver School Candidate

This seems like a good thread for my question.. so it wasn't me (ahhh hemmm) but I know a guy with a ISF and he was wondering if anyone has down to a science how low of a gear you can drop it in on a roll, maybe 60-70mph. This guy I know is not getting a good dig but is tracking them down in later gears (gotta love the F!), is it safe to get the rims up higher to 5k or more at launch then shift in 2 seconds or so or do you just jump the third honk in auto wot? Thanks all veteran isf'ers with any help ��

Quick Reply: who really pushes their isf daily??