GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

need help with gs350 2007 please

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-16, 10:44 PM
alqatou
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with gs350 2007 please

hi to all
my name is Ryan and i purchased a Lexus gs350 2007 with mark levinson sound system , DVD
i believe the sub woofer is bad and need to be replaced , i cant find any instruction on how to do it can any one guide me please and witch better replaced or fix it ? please
and i would like to add auxiliary to the factory radio . witch one is better for me please ? is GTA KIT good option with Bluetooth ? or there is other option
thanks for all help and advice
Ryan
Old 09-27-16, 12:53 AM
Sodium
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 57 Posts

Hi Ryan,

Do you know the subwoofer is bad, or do you just suspect that it is? As you're posting this question, I'm assuming you don't regularly work with car audio systems, so it would probably be best to take the car to an audio shop to have it diagnosed before spending the time and money to replace the sub. To be fair, I'm not an audio expert, so maybe the members who are will know some DIY diagnostics you can try

As for your second question, grand theft auto is never a good option, Bluetooth notwithstanding

Haha kidding! A GTA kit should be fine, but if you're able to spend a bit more, I'd go with a Vaistech kit – it adds a USB port rather than an AUX port, so you can use the nav screen and steering wheel controls to skip songs, choose playlists, and the audio quality is supposed to be better as well (my car has an AUX port, but I'm going to put in a Vaistech unit at some point)
Old 09-27-16, 11:01 AM
alqatou
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for replay sodium
when i turn the bass down all the bang, pop, and sizzle go away and all that come from the rear deck that why i think it the sub and its mark levinson its common issue i believe .
for the GTA KIT i am looking for something simple not too fancy lol i like the car calls Bluetooth all what i need its auxiliary for the music only

Old 09-27-16, 11:52 PM
Sodium
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 57 Posts

I don't know if subwoofer failures are common with ML systems – if they are, I haven't heard about it

As for the replace vs. fix question from your first post, I'm not sure if you can really fix the sub. If you want to buy a new one, there are several sites that sell them below dealer price (lexuspartsnow.com, mylparts.com, lpartsworld.com) – i believe the one you want is 86160-0WC40, which is $441.

I haven't seen a DIY for this yet, so you may want to get the official Lexus directions for replacing the sub – you'll have to make an account at the Toyota tech info website and pay $15 for two days of access (you can save and print as many of the technical documents as you want in that time, so it's not a bad deal), but those are instructions straight from Lexus engineers, so it doesn't get better than that.

As for installing the GTA kit, you'll have to take the nav unit out, but there are several DIYs here on that