RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Anyone who had no issue and just pleasure owning RCF?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-16, 09:04 AM
Robexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone who had no issue and just pleasure owning RCF?

Hello guys, I ordered my RCF one month ago and will be waiting 4 months to get it. I even did not research this forum, because I took it as obvious to have no issues with Lexus. I had IS250 for 7 years and no issues. However after reading about different issues owners had with 2015 RC-F, I am little in doubt.. I know first model year M4 had issues too, and C63 is burning oil too..
Is RC-F 2016 better / with no issues?
Are your RCFs still burning oil having more miles? (does it take more than 1 QT or 1 Liter per 5000 miles)?
Old 09-09-16, 09:16 AM
Z3NK1
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

15,000km on mine, not a single issue so far. Love it
Old 09-09-16, 09:48 AM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Robexus
Hello guys, I ordered my RCF one month ago and will be waiting 4 months to get it. I even did not research this forum, because I took it as obvious to have no issues with Lexus. I had IS250 for 7 years and no issues. However after reading about different issues owners had with 2015 RC-F, I am little in doubt.. I know first model year M4 had issues too, and C63 is burning oil too..
Is RC-F 2016 better / with no issues?
Are your RCFs still burning oil having more miles? (does it take more than 1 QT or 1 Liter per 5000 miles)?
I have an 2015. I never even heard of the oil consumption and the fuel pump is not really an issue. It's a noise generated by not enough voltage, no actual failures and its an easy ECU upgrade. What issues are you referring?
Old 09-09-16, 09:49 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

only issue with mine has been the dealership. love the car, hate dealerships.
Old 09-09-16, 10:25 AM
Robexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Deanrcf
I have an 2015. I never even heard of the oil consumption and the fuel pump is not really an issue. It's a noise generated by not enough voltage, no actual failures and its an easy ECU upgrade. What issues are you referring?
Yes pump resolved, someone had rattles from axle, squeeling brakes, stuck wing - these do not worry me. There was oil consupmtion thread which I read today.. I think mostly those who push on gas or race..? But happy to hear this is great car and you are enjoying it.
Old 09-09-16, 10:46 AM
Dsully
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 2015 RC-F with 20k miles, and outside of the issue where my spoiler got stuck in the up position, which was quickly fixed, I have had no other issues with my car.
Old 09-09-16, 11:00 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

i have massive amounts of pleasure
Old 09-09-16, 11:39 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

No issues in my 2 months of ownership. Regarding the fuel pump issue, this has been resolved with an LSB. This is a ECU/software update which a lot of owners say that it more than solves the fuel pump issue. Many have reported that the car performs better. I will have mine done next week.
And I have enjoyed the car tremendously since day 1 of purchase!
Old 09-09-16, 01:35 PM
NickZ
Rookie

2015 with 9K miles and not a single issue aside from the rear brakes squeaking. I fixed that with aftermarket pads, Lexus has since released updated pads that fixed that I believe. The car really is a blast to drive and gets compliments everywhere we take it. Is it the fastest in its class? No, but it holds its own pretty well.

As others on here have already stated, the few small items that have been issues have been resolved fairly quickly by Lexus with simple updates. BMW is already experiencing issues with the new M3/M4 and there was a recent stop sale mandated by corporate due to issues with the rear differential. People and magazines can say whatever they want, there's more to owning a vehicle than 0-60 and quarter mile times.

Last edited by NickZ; 09-09-16 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Forgot to add model year
The following users liked this post:
Infrared (01-07-17)
Old 09-09-16, 02:49 PM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by LRCSALES
i have massive amounts of pleasure
^ x2. Love my RCF. I have a little over 25k miles on her and no issues whatsoever really. Mine used about a quart during the break in, but after the first oil change mine hasn't drank another drop since. I check mine regularly....like almost every time I drive it( not my daily ).
Old 09-09-16, 03:02 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I bought mine used with 7k miles about 3 months ago. There's nothing in the service records about issues. I now have 16k miles and have not had a single issue. Yeah, I drive it alot and I drive it very hard (probably harder than 95% of the other owners).

No issues, nadda, zilch, zero... Well... bad brake dust.
Old 09-09-16, 04:45 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

+1 on the brake dust, now mitigated with Armor All Brake Dust Repellent!

Zero issues, just the feeling of something special every time I hear the V8 roar.
Old 09-09-16, 05:45 PM
NickZ
Rookie

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
+1 on the brake dust, now mitigated with Armor All Brake Dust Repellent!

Zero issues, just the feeling of something special every time I hear the V8 roar.
That V8 roar is even better with the right exhaust on this car! I think Lexus was far too passive with the stock setup on the RCF, it needed a more aggressive tone from the factory.
Old 09-09-16, 06:46 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Had mine about a year & a half though i've only put 2,800 miles on it, the ONLY issue i've ever had was the squealing brakes & dust (replaced the oem's with CarboTech pads & no longer have either issue). Mine has been a Great Trouble FREE Car (but, like i said it Only has a few miles on it) Though, i wouldn't recommend trying to put any Adults in the rear seats if at all avoidable! It also gets A LOT of Compliments, most of those are because of the color of it (at least that's what they always say, Most people don't even know what kind of car it is)
Old 09-09-16, 06:58 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by NickZ
That V8 roar is even better with the right exhaust on this car! I think Lexus was far too passive with the stock setup on the RCF, it needed a more aggressive tone from the factory.
For a cheap fix, res-delete fixes that.

Quick Reply: Anyone who had no issue and just pleasure owning RCF?