Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

APEXi N1-X Evolution Extreme Exhaust

Old 08-30-16, 06:05 AM
mrhale12
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default APEXi N1-X Evolution Extreme Exhaust

I'm really thinking about getting this exhaust for 2014 3is rwd. I just don't see many people talking about this exhaust on the forum. Seems like everyone goes with ARK or JoeZ. Does anybody have any opinions on this exhaust compared to the brands I mentioned. I'm a newbie posting to the forum but a long time reader. Thanks everyone for the input in advance.
Old 08-30-16, 09:17 AM
anthonys2r
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

From what I remembered, it's an ARK clone. Haven't heard it in person though.
Old 08-30-16, 11:36 AM
mrhale12
Driver School Candidate

I've heard its very similar to the ark exhaust. Thanks for your input Anthony. What brand do you have for exhaust?
Old 08-30-16, 12:19 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Good point, I think we sell mostly Ark Performance or Invidia exhausts for the 3is. I've heard all the exhausts for this car and the Ark does sound pretty good..

Contact us and we'll quote you out for the exhausts!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 08-30-16, 01:16 PM
anthonys2r
Advanced

Originally Posted by mrhale12
I've heard its very similar to the ark exhaust. Thanks for your input Anthony. What brand do you have for exhaust?
I have the Ark
Old 08-30-16, 01:18 PM
mrhale12
Driver School Candidate

How do you like it? Does it ever get on your nerves?
Old 08-30-16, 08:11 PM
forum429
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by anthonys2r
From what I remembered, it's an ARK clone. Haven't heard it in person though.
ARK Clone?
I find it hard to believe one of the most famous Japanese aftermarket manufacturer would clone a Korean/USA company.
They may have simular design but using a canister on the exhaust has been around for long time.
Back in 2006 HKS already use a canister on their 350Z Hi Power exhaust.
Old 08-31-16, 10:02 AM
anthonys2r
Advanced

Originally Posted by mrhale12
How do you like it? Does it ever get on your nerves?
It's great. Fair warning, it is very loud though, and there is drone in the cabin. If you are looking for a quiet ride, ARK isn't for you.

If I were to guess, the APEXi will be louder than the Ark because the Ark has one additional resonator in the midpipe.

Originally Posted by forum429
ARK Clone?
I find it hard to believe one of the most famous Japanese aftermarket manufacturer would clone a Korean/USA company.
They may have simular design but using a canister on the exhaust has been around for long time.
Back in 2006 HKS already use a canister on their 350Z Hi Power exhaust.
That doesn't make them impervious to looking at the market and seeing whats out there, and subsequently making a similar product. Yes, the helmholtz design has been around but you cannot say the engineers/product managers at APEXi didn't look at the market, see the competitive offerings, and created a product highly similar to an existing one almost 2 years later. Its the same fallacy as those that argue that Apple doesn't copy because its a well-known company. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that copying is bad thing. In fact, competition is great for the consumers.
Old 08-31-16, 12:23 PM
mrhale12
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by anthonys2r
It's great. Fair warning, it is very loud though, and there is drone in the cabin. If you are looking for a quiet ride, ARK isn't for you.

If I were to guess, the APEXi will be louder than the Ark because the Ark has one additional resonator in the midpipe.

That doesn't make them impervious to looking at the market and seeing whats out there, and subsequently making a similar product. Yes, the helmholtz design has been around but you cannot say the engineers/product managers at APEXi didn't look at the market, see the competitive offerings, and created a product highly similar to an existing one almost 2 years later. Its the same fallacy as those that argue that Apple doesn't copy because its a well-known company. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that copying is bad thing. In fact, competition is great for the consumers.
Thank you Anthony for the feedback...I greatly appreciate it
Old 08-31-16, 06:20 PM
l33ks
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I am considering pairing the Apexi N1 evo universal muffler with my Invidia midpipe.

Old 08-31-16, 11:25 PM
slickster9
Pole Position

i have the APEXI N1- EVOLUTION AXLE BACK system on my is200t and I love it. looks and sounds real nice. I don't think the exhaust noise is all that significant in the cabin. I have already purchased the invidia midpipe for it as well. we will see how much that increases the cabin noise. I have the injen intake installed as well.
Old 09-01-16, 06:09 AM
mrhale12
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by slickster9
i have the APEXI N1- EVOLUTION AXLE BACK system on my is200t and I love it. looks and sounds real nice. I don't think the exhaust noise is all that significant in the cabin. I have already purchased the invidia midpipe for it as well. we will see how much that increases the cabin noise. I have the injen intake installed as well.
Do you have this one?

http://www.apexi-usa.com/store/index...tion-only.html

Also do you have picture of rear end with the exhaust installed? Video of the sound? Thanks!
Old 09-01-16, 06:44 AM
slickster9
Pole Position

yes i do, I will try to upload a few pics tonight my time (in the desert). not sure about the vid- may take longer, I think someone here had already uploaded a vid of it, or there maybe one on youtube, not positive.
The following users liked this post:
imyang (05-19-20)
Old 09-01-16, 10:55 PM
anthonys2r
Advanced

Keep in mind, the V6 midpipe will sound different than the I4 midpipe
Old 09-06-16, 06:01 AM
mrhale12
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by slickster9
yes i do, I will try to upload a few pics tonight my time (in the desert). not sure about the vid- may take longer, I think someone here had already uploaded a vid of it, or there maybe one on youtube, not positive.
Thank you everyone for the feedback...Can't wait to see those pictures slickster

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: APEXi N1-X Evolution Extreme Exhaust