IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Standard oil change at dealership, is this acceptable behavior?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-16, 05:55 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Standard oil change at dealership, is this acceptable behavior?

I went in for a standard oil change and this is what happened afterwards. Is this acceptable? What would you do?

Old 08-29-16, 06:00 PM
ROYALISF
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Seems to be happening a lot lately and while your video isn't as bad as others I have seen it is still not acceptable. Makes me nervous to even think about going to the dealer now
Old 08-29-16, 06:39 PM
Jz39
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

My god, that was one long *** red light!

All kidding aside, I would be furious. Most people that I know that work with cars are terrified to take out customer cars for any reason for fear of what might happen if they accidentally got wrecked.

If I were you, I'd be shaking down the dealership and if I wasn't satisfied I'd drop a line to Lexus corporate. That's not his car and he shouldn't be treating it that way.

Last edited by Jz39; 08-29-16 at 07:00 PM.
Old 08-29-16, 06:50 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Not acceptable. Like Jz39 said, this should be brought to the attention of the dealership & corporate. Lexus takes their rep seriously.

I've scheduled an appointment for the 12th to have headers installed. I'd better get a dashcam in before dropping the car off.
Old 08-29-16, 06:51 PM
xSumDumGuy
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not at all acceptable. I recently had my car in and the tech had it 20 over the posted limit multiple times. Called the shop manager because they also didn't notice my transmission splash guard was broken and my coolant is just under the low line. Taking it back to them tomorrow to see what they say. Sent them the video as well as they were saying they don't joy ride cars because the prior owner had an LFA.

I'll be getting a 4 post lift next year and ill just take it in for recalls or maybe to top off the transmission.
Old 08-29-16, 07:35 PM
josh810
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

another one....
Old 08-29-16, 07:44 PM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Noting the milage when you drop it off and requesting no test drives has worked for me so far, then again I also took the car to a dealership I would trust to handle it well anyways.
Old 08-29-16, 07:46 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

I always warn them about joy riding the car, even to the point the car has a GPS tracking device, Law Enforcement involvement, etc etc.

On the other hand, I usually wait for the oil change.

I would ask to talk to the Manager of the Dealership, keep the video and don't make any promises to take it off, etc etc.

I would personally find this *** hat and confront him in person. I wouldn't be surprised if I would have beaten him up to make an example of him. (that's just me though)

Definitely terminate your relationship with this dealership and post a nice little review about them on Yelp.

What a bunch of @$$es.
Old 08-29-16, 09:13 PM
Sneakerboy
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Definitely not acceptable. I would bring this to their attention.
Old 08-29-16, 09:27 PM
ISFHEMS
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hmmm, Lexus of Tampa Bay is another one to add to the avoid list and I'm sure it won't be the last!

I'm noticing a lot more of these threads recently, I guess more people are buying dash cams. Maybe time to purchase one myself...
Old 08-29-16, 09:39 PM
Fsportme
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I personally don't think that was all that bad. It wasn't like he roasted the tires while accessing the freeway onramp. He briefly stepped on it, it wasn't reckless or nothing worth mentioning.
Old 08-29-16, 09:46 PM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFHEMS
Hmmm, Lexus of Tampa Bay is another one to add to the avoid list and I'm sure it won't be the last!

I'm noticing a lot more of these threads recently, I guess more people are buying dash cams. Maybe time to purchase one myself...
I was not impressed with them at all either, Lexus of Orlando seemed ok when I was in FL.
Old 08-29-16, 09:57 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel350
I went in for a standard oil change and this is what happened afterwards. Is this acceptable? What would you do?

Lexus IS-F - YouTube
The sky and the clouds are very pretty!!!!!😊
Though not really "acceptable", that's nothing to lose your cool about. Like the guy mentioned above, he didn't roast the tires, drift around the curves, etc etc. I'm pretty sure everyone here who test drove an F drove it just as "hard" if not harder than this guy did...and at the time it wasn't your possession. But really, don't do too much to the dealership about this.... definitely such thing as being a 'good customer' and not being overly picky. Politely ask that they not test drive your vehicle again with your permission or maybe without you in it. Don't burn unnecessary bridges....again, just my opinion.

V.
Old 08-30-16, 12:00 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Here is a friends car that was totaled 3 weeks ago. These dealers are out of control. It could have been worse but these people think they can do anything they want and in the end LEXUS HAS NO CONTROL OVER THEM .
Attached Thumbnails Standard oil change at dealership, is this acceptable behavior?-photo245.jpg  
Old 08-30-16, 06:29 AM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

For oil change, I would request no test drive.

Quick Reply: Standard oil change at dealership, is this acceptable behavior?