GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

GS Sport/Sport+

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-16, 04:31 AM
DP03
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default GS Sport/Sport+

I'm sure this has been covered in detail, and as a newcomer used the search function only to find things on the IS-F Sport mode. I'm about to take possession of a '13 GS with Luxury pckg. and was wondering what changes on the Sport/Sport+ mode. My guess would be transmission shift aggressiveness, maybe throttle response?

If anyone could explain or link me to a document I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 08-26-16, 04:40 AM
mrpink13
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

steering, tranny/response, adjust shocks firmness, luxury package rules.
Old 08-26-16, 06:24 AM
madrussian
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just took delivery of a '13 GS with Luxury package as well. I was doing some reading, and I'm trying to figure out what the difference between S+ on the Luxury package vs the F Sport package. Is the F Sport package just more aggressively tuned?
Old 08-26-16, 06:58 AM
MustangSal
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Sport is engine and tranny adjustments. Sport+ adds AVS.

What upgrades does Lux add? Rear controls, wood grain accents/wheel, passenger seat memory, and....
Old 08-26-16, 10:52 AM
GregCanada
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by madrussian
I just took delivery of a '13 GS with Luxury package as well. I was doing some reading, and I'm trying to figure out what the difference between S+ on the Luxury package vs the F Sport package. Is the F Sport package just more aggressively tuned?
The suspension tuning is more aggressive on the F-sport. in Sport + mode.
Old 08-26-16, 12:08 PM
madrussian
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GregCanada
Ok, cool, thanks
Old 08-26-16, 01:22 PM
atrac7
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MustangSal
Sport is engine and tranny adjustments. Sport+ adds AVS.

What upgrades does Lux add? Rear controls, wood grain accents/wheel, passenger seat memory, and....
I was torn between the F Sport or Lux Pkg so I did a ton of reading up on the additional features besides what you listed:

Extra padded/adjustable headrests
Higher Quality Semi-Aniline Leather
18 way seats vs 10 way for fronts
In addition to rear auto sunshade, the rear passenger windows get manual shades
Adaptive Headlights
Double Pane Windows for the fronts seats (helps with road noise)

Additional optional options on my Lux: HUD, Park Assist

In the end I was sold on the additional features of the lux pkg that affected day to day driving for me. In Dallas I will not be encountering too many opportunities to take advantage of the more aggressive F Sport setup. Creature comforts became a priority for me.

Old 08-26-16, 01:51 PM
jdigga99
Driver

Originally Posted by atrac7
I was torn between the F Sport or Lux Pkg so I did a ton of reading up on the additional features besides what you listed:

Extra padded/adjustable headrests
In addition to rear auto sunshade, the rear passenger windows get manual shades
Adaptive Headlights
Double Pane Windows for the fronts seats (helps with road noise)

In the end I was sold on the additional features of the lux pkg that affected day to day driving for me. In Dallas I will not be encountering too many opportunities to take advantage of the more aggressive F Sport setup. Creature comforts became a priority for me.
F Sports have 16 way adjustable seats don't they? Or is that an upgrade?
Old 08-26-16, 03:11 PM
madrussian
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jdigga99
F Sports have 16 way adjustable seats don't they? Or is that an upgrade?
They do, IIRC, but i didnt know about the leather upgrades and extra padding.
Old 08-26-16, 03:36 PM
Davenlei
Advanced

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

My F Sport has the dual pane front side windows as well.
Old 08-26-16, 10:52 PM
Dallasguy1
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Davenlei
My F Sport has the dual pane front side windows as well.
I have a FS also how can I know if I have dual pane Windows also.
In my opinion Lux is best car who don't mod their car and use it as a daily driver, while FS looks more aggressive and have less luxurious look as compared Lux package and I'm sure road noise will be less cause FS with the stock Brigestone tires sucks.
Old 08-27-16, 05:26 AM
MustangSal
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Dallasguy1
I have a FS also how can I know if I have dual pane Windows also.
In my opinion Lux is best car who don't mod their car and use it as a daily driver, while FS looks more aggressive and have less luxurious look as compared Lux package and I'm sure road noise will be less cause FS with the stock Brigestone tires sucks.
I don't have the pic, but there is a picture of the dual-pane in the sticky thread of GS features. I thought the dual pane window was a Cold Weather package feature, not Lux. "Sucks" is pretty subjective. I find the Bridges to be perfectly fine for my GS.

Originally Posted by atrac7
Extra padded/adjustable headrests (is that Lux or a difference by year/FS?)
In addition to rear auto sunshade, the rear passenger windows get manual shades (forgot about those)
Adaptive Headlights (I have those on my 450h - mine isn't Lux)
Double Pane Windows for the fronts seats (helps with road noise) (as stated above, I thought it was Cold Weather package)

Completely agree though. Here in Virginia Beach, unless I take it to the track, a lot of the performance features are on standby which made the creature comforts a higher scrutiny area for purchase. The everyday features in LKA,PCS, HUD, etc are way more appealing when you have to slave 45+ minute commutes twice a day.
Old 08-27-16, 05:01 PM
RLtoGS350
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GregCanada
I'm curious about this. Can you provide some details on the differences? Everything that I've read shows the AVS on the Fsport is equal to the optional Sport+ mode on AWD/RWD vehicles (as in the Luxury package). Thanks.
Old 08-28-16, 12:47 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RLtoGS350
I'm curious about this. Can you provide some details on the differences? Everything that I've read shows the AVS on the Fsport is equal to the optional Sport+ mode on AWD/RWD vehicles (as in the Luxury package). Thanks.
The F Sports have higher default spring rates. When you engage s+ it doesn't make many turns to the shock body adjustment servos. The luxury and other models with s+ mode have to crank the springs down alot more because they're using a softer, lower rate spring.

The AWD models are worse across the board due to clearance. They simply can't squat down as low as RWD models so handling isn't as good. Not to say it's bad but it's not as tight or low. Also AWD models are heavier and have parasitic loss through the drive train thanks to an extra drive shaft and the center differential.

Lexus already has this figured out and they sell region appropriate cars. You have to special order an AWD car here in Texas but in New York state you practically have to import a RWD car from Florida or jersey.
Old 08-28-16, 08:08 PM
mrpink13
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
The F Sports have higher default spring rates. When you engage s+ it doesn't make many turns to the shock body adjustment servos. The luxury and other models with s+ mode have to crank the springs down alot more because they're using a softer, lower rate spring.

The AWD models are worse across the board due to clearance. They simply can't squat down as low as RWD models so handling isn't as good. Not to say it's bad but it's not as tight or low. Also AWD models are heavier and have parasitic loss through the drive train thanks to an extra drive shaft and the center differential.

Lexus already has this figured out and they sell region appropriate cars. You have to special order an AWD car here in Texas but in New York state you practically have to import a RWD car from Florida or jersey.
damn i was all about an AWD gs350. not so mad about not having it now. lol

Quick Reply: GS Sport/Sport+