CL Vendor Products for RC-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the RC-F model from CL Vendors

New Product SIKKY RCF Stainless Steel Headers

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-16, 07:16 PM
SikkyMFG
Former Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default SIKKY RCF Stainless Steel Headers

Attention RCF owners:

Sikky Manufacturing has spent the last year and a half testing and developing a new exhaust header for the ISF and RCF chassis. Our challenge was to design and build the ultimate header from the ground up. Highest power gain, perfect fitment and supreme craftsmanship were our goals.

Our previous header made great power and was no slouch but we knew there was more to be had. This desire to make the best header lead us through an exhausting year and a half of R&D. With the aid of our FARO arm we scanned and created a 3d model of the engine and engine compartment. This is a huge advantage over hand making a prototype like the first header. Designing this header in CAD allowed us to try all kinds of configurations and different tube sizes and lengths. This cutting edge design and testing equipment made things possible that were not previously. After many prototypes and several hundred dyno runs we started to close in on our final design. This process is exhausting but a must in order to achieve our goals. After loads of testing and tweaks with different configurations, we determined that the 1 ¾” primaries we and the other header manufacturers were using for the ISF and RCF were in fact too small. 1 7/8” was the magic number for tube diameter. As a result of increasing primary diameter we expected to see the gains up top and thought maybe we would lose some low end. To our surprise we found gains across the entire rpm range including low end with the most notable at high and mid rpm's. Even more power was unlocked by changing the length of our primaries, as well as collector size and configuration. To ensure we had it right we completed back to back to back runs with these different prototypes and even with competitors headers. Using the same car, same dyno with the same conditions ensured the highest level of accuracy. A stats comparison to our original headers as well as our competitor’s headers made it very clear we had reached our first goal. Obtaining the highest power gain for any header tested on our dyno for the ISF and RCF.

Next, focusing on perfect fitment that would eliminate any rubbing or contact with the chassis or other components. Using a CNC pipe bender, we were able to design and build the header to utilize all single piece tubes except for one runner. Improving strength and reliability and ensuring maximum air flow through the tubes.

Making this header the best it could be required spending the extra time on the little details. We were actually able to make our header a lot easier to install. Saving you time and money. We even went the extra mile to design a very high quality stainless steel cnc bent dipstick tube making this a complete engineered package that ensures like OEM fit and quality. This header will stand the test of time because we constructed it entirely from stainless steel components and tig welded for strength. Little details like our cnc machined groove in the collector flange ensure the gasket and leaks will not be a problem. Smooth and flat head flanges mate perfectly with the cylinder head utilizing the OEM gasket.

This completely new header consists of the following key attributes.
  • 100% stainless steel construction
  • Massive 1 7/8” primaries
  • High flow collectors with merge bullets
  • CNC head flanges
  • CNC collector flange with machined pocket for gasket
  • Tig welded
  • Extremely tight tolerance for perfect fitment every time
Knowing all too well the typical dyno debates we were careful to do all testing back to back on our Dynapack Dyno. Same dyno, same car. It does not matter what one header made on another dyno in another state at a different time. We wanted to know the change from one setup to the next. We have the facts of these back to back runs with all the different header variations. We even went through the time and expense of doing these same back to back tests on a third parties dyno for those skeptics ensuring impartial results. Confirming what we found on our dyno and ensuring you will get the same results. Needless to say we spent hundreds of hours making sure this header would be able to have and hold the title of the best header on the market for some time to come.

SIKKY RCF HEADERS
A few lucky individuals have had the pleasure of being beta testers for us for the past 6 months or more. Driving on the streets daily with the new headers giving us feedback. The response has been outstanding.

Here are some pictures of the ISF/RCF header for your enjoyment

Merge bullet and CNC machined flange

These headers are now available for sale in limited quantities with restrictions. They must be purchased as a package deal with installation currently. The good news is these few individuals will receive a discounted price for the package while supplies last. This package includes the following:

-Sikky Stainless Steel headers
-Sikky collector gaskets
-Sikky stainless steel dipstick tube
- O2 Harness Extensions
- Simulator
-Required hardware
-Installation
-Dyno Test

All of this for only $2195.00 including install !!!!

No matter how far away you are from our headquarters in Baltimore Maryland, if you’re up for the drive then we would be happy to get you on the list.

You can either call us at 410-780-0009

Email us at sales@sikky.com

Or go to our website here and purchase this package deal to get on the schedule for install today.

http://www.sikky.com/product/lexus-isf-header/
Old 08-25-16, 07:42 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Nice! So, how much wHP and Torque gains exactly?
Old 08-25-16, 07:58 PM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Couple questions:

-Are these headers throwing a CEL code like the other headers on the market? That is one of my biggest concerns.

-Do you get an exhaust smell in the car?

-Do these pass emissions tests?

-Any high temp coatings being offered as an option?

Last edited by Ne1tHeRe; 08-25-16 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-26-16, 03:37 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Ne1tHeRe
Couple questions:

-Are these headers throwing a CEL code like the other headers on the market? That is one of my biggest concerns.

X2. I'd really like to come up and get these installed if we can get a "no" on these two questions. Incredible deal for sure. The savings in labor costs alone make this a very tempting offer. They look incredible!
Old 08-26-16, 06:13 PM
SikkyMFG
Former Sponsor

Not on any of the test vehicles. One customer has had them for well over 6 months with no cell

Not that we are aware of but would need some of the beta testers to chime in

Yes

-Any high temp coatings being offered as an option?[/QUOTE]

yes, but not a standard offering so will add two weeks at time of order
Old 08-26-16, 10:58 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by ba2sy

I think THIS is what most Everybody on here would like to know! That's Always the Bottom Line, RESULTS.
Old 08-26-16, 11:02 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by Carnevino

X2. I'd really like to come up and get these installed if we can get a "no" on these two questions. Incredible deal for sure. The savings in labor costs alone make this a very tempting offer. They look incredible!

Me & You Both, i think i'd be up for a LONG road trip. We're Both waaaaaaaay down South & to drive to Balt. Maryland would be a LONG trip since i usually Fly if a road trip is longer than 5 hrs., i'm not one to drive & take in the scenery. But this just mite be worth it, especially if they threw in a few incentives. I'll be a Test Mule!
Old 08-27-16, 09:08 AM
waynetech2
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys, I have been one of the testers of these headers since February I believe.
They are awesome!!!!
The headers cause NO check engine lights!
The only smell is the normal exhaust smell from removing the primary cats and that only happens when you really get on it for a while...and believe me I like to open it up! Lol!

I've been on CL since '06 and loved my SIKKY headers on my IS-F. I am VERY impressed with the power I feel in my RC-F! I was worried about the gains considering the improvements in the RC, but I have been truly amazed. The team at SIKKY and JE know what they are doing and talking about which made me feel very comfortable leaving my RC-F with them.
Any questions let me know!
Old 08-27-16, 12:54 PM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

After reviewing the logs IM TOTALLY DOWN. Question is how long does the install take? You're roughly 14 hours from me, so I need to plan accordingly. Johnny, if you're down maybe we could do it this fall?
Old 08-27-16, 07:15 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by Carnevino
After reviewing the logs IM TOTALLY DOWN. Question is how long does the install take? You're roughly 14 hours from me, so I need to plan accordingly. Johnny, if you're down maybe we could
do it this fall?

C, i'm going to trust you to check everything out & IF you think it's worth it, then i'm IN! PM me with anything you want to discuss & we'll work it out when it fits both our schedules if you want to. I need to put some miles on mine anyway & i Love a Good Road Trip! But, i'm like you i need to know about how much time we're looking at here.
Old 08-28-16, 06:06 PM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Originally Posted by SikkyMFG

Not on any of the test vehicles. One customer has had them for well over 6 months with no cell

Yes

yes, but not a standard offering so will add two weeks at time of order
what is the coating options and the cost? Do you send out to Jet-Hot?
Old 08-29-16, 06:17 AM
SikkyMFG
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ba2sy
The RCF that we tested had base line numbers of 391 HP and 355 TQ.

After SIKKY headers it made 433 HP and 401 TQ

gaining 42 HP and 46 TQ at the wheels

This is the same vehicle/stats for the graph posted in this thread
Old 08-29-16, 06:26 AM
SikkyMFG
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ne1tHeRe
what is the coating options and the cost? Do you send out to Jet-Hot?
Ceramic Coating is an additional $300

The options are
-Satin black
-bright silver (polished)
Old 08-29-16, 06:32 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Yes

yes, but not a standard offering so will add two weeks at time of order[/QUOTE]

The RCF that we tested had base line numbers of 391 HP and 355 TQ.

After SIKKY headers it made 433 HP and 401 TQ

gaining 42 HP and 46 TQ at the wheels

This is the same vehicle/stats for the graph posted in this thread
Nice! And that is headers only and everything else is stock, correct?

Ceramic Coating is an additional $300

The options are
-Satin black
-bright silver (polished)
How is the coating applied?
Old 08-29-16, 12:35 PM
SikkyMFG
Former Sponsor

Yes the test car was stock other than an Apexi intake silicone tube which in this case it might as well be stock.

We don't do the coating here. It is applied like most ceramic coatings. The process is lengthy. First they therm the headers and clean them. Then they get blasted, then a base coat, then the finish coat and a whole lot of polishing with a final wipe down and cleaning. It's quite the process. Glad we don't do that here!

Quick Reply: New Product SIKKY RCF Stainless Steel Headers