IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Stop me!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-16, 05:05 PM
kings222
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Stop me!

So....saw/heard all these crazy deals on the ats-v.

Long story short i hit up the manager at my local cadi dealer and told him throw me some numbers no BS.

Got the numbers back....i pay $749 right now for my 2010 isf with 74k miles....his numbers are: ATS-V Sedan 0$ down...12k/yr recaro seats manual fully loaded MSRP $80,000 pretty much for $756/month including CA taxes...my mind was blown.

My favorite thing with the IS-F aside from the reliability is that its very rare...however i have yet to see an ATS-V on the road yet.

i know its a lease but i like getting into a new car every few years so i don't mind it as much BUT I hate not owning something or knowing I'm not going to own it....cars aren't assets anyway..most that is.

Anyone drive one of these yet? Anyone race one? Thoughts?
Old 08-22-16, 05:33 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I was able to attend one of Cadillac's test drive events this past weekend, and I honestly felt the ATS-V was going to be one of those dark horses on the road. Not necessarily a sleeper, certainly not as mainstream as an M or AMG, especially here in So Cal, but overall this beast packs a punch! 460+HP/440+TQ...I was pretty impressed, even more so with the interior refinement. The magnetic ride suspension that event personnel kept bringing up certainly made for a fun time on the autotrack course, but the main detractor was the eLSD. The HUD was also a pleasant view, and the seats were quite snug and comfortable, even for my size. I would certainly choose this (as a lease) over any of the German competition offerings, and at $750 and change monthly, it's not looking bad at all. But after eight years of the IS F, this is to be expected. Better technology, more powerful cars, and a host of new little amenities that make new cars attractive. In the end, after taking my dad on the autocross course and his saying that my IS F was less jarring on tight turns and road imperfections, I'm more than content with the IS F still. But kudos to Cadillac for producing a very potent vehicle that also comes in manual and will definitely fill that niche market nicely.
Old 08-22-16, 05:58 PM
PlacidBoi
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

bnizzle, I saw cadi test event at the Santa Anita race track on Sunday. Were you one of the participants? Looked hella fun!
Those numbers do look really good by the way
Old 08-22-16, 06:38 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

I'm glad I don't have a car payment. $700+ a month...damn lol
Old 08-22-16, 07:06 PM
redcrxsi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$750/month just to drive the car.

I had a BMW lease at about $350/month and felt better with my 600/month payment for my 2012 isf. Better car plus will still likley be worth 15-20k when I'm done with it. So I come out ahead financially plus I get all these years of enjoying to drive it.

That's said do sometimes wish the tech was more advanced. New cars will always win there
Old 08-22-16, 07:18 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

If four doors is not necessary than the Camaro is the much better deal.
Old 08-22-16, 09:55 PM
kings222
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Would never touch a camaro.

Was looking at the cadi ats-v forum and seems like I can get a way better deal...a lot of people were getting them for 0$ down and sub $700 months for 36/39 month with 12k miles.

I pay $750/month now bc I wanted it to be paid off quick.

Like i said I've yet to see one on the road...I think if I got a track package w/ recaro for 0 down and sub $700 I'd go for it.

Looks are subjective...car is a lot faster from what I've read than the isf and I like the fact it's 0 down and brand new for less than my payment...and with just a tune and down pipes it'll be pushing a lot more hp/tq...I love the sound of our NA motor tho with that Joe z.
Old 08-22-16, 10:03 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by PlacidBoi
bnizzle, I saw cadi test event at the Santa Anita race track on Sunday. Were you one of the participants? Looked hella fun!
Those numbers do look really good by the way
haha Yes, Cadillac invited me to participate, as they did when the CTS-V first launched. It was a rather fun event. My dad enjoyed the hospitality more than the vehicles for demonstration. We went on a Friday morning before work, which- let's face it- meant more play time for me. I just wanted to see if the ATS-V, which would've put it directly in line with the likes of the GS F, M5, E63, RS5, and such. When Cadillac first launched CTS-V, I was told it would be in direct competition with this particular group, but seeing those numbers for it, it's in a league all in its own. Not entirely my cup of tea, but badass power to the pavement for sure.
Old 08-23-16, 08:22 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Maybe Cadillac isn't selling many of these because of the $80k price tag???

Kind of like the GSF sale numbers and $80k+ price tag......

Last edited by MileHIFcar; 08-23-16 at 08:50 AM.
Old 08-23-16, 08:33 AM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts

If you are leasing your current ISF then its a pretty good argument to consider the ATS. If on the other hand you are comparing loan payments to lease payments I would be reluctant to go with the Caddy. Once the lease on the caddy is over you have no car. On the other hand once you have finished paying of your ISF you will have a car that will still run you several more worry free years of driving enjoyment and even after five or six years I bet you will get 10-15K on trade or sell.

You need to decide if it is worth paying over $8k/year to enjoy the latest wheels.
Old 08-23-16, 08:45 AM
Jmt1011
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There are 2 ats-v's that run at a track near me every week. They are both stock running high 12's. Nice, quick cars but no soundtrack. I assume you have some equity in your F. You can trade in, get tax credit and pocket your equity.
Old 08-23-16, 08:58 AM
dmk08
Intermediate

Don't do it. ATS-V are ugly.
Old 08-23-16, 09:11 AM
empathy
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

With a lease, you're paying for the depreciation. Currently you're making payments on a fully amortizing loan, which is why the payments are nearly identical, but you end up with the car at the end of your payment schedule.
Old 08-23-16, 09:30 AM
DaOne54
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by empathy
With a lease, you're paying for the depreciation. Currently you're making payments on a fully amortizing loan, which is why the payments are nearly identical, but you end up with the car at the end of your payment schedule.
Yeah... basically renting the car. At the end you end up with nothing
I'd stick with reliability..ISF
Old 08-23-16, 09:36 AM
dmk08
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DaOne54
Yeah... basically renting the car. At the end you end up with nothing
I'd stick with reliability..ISF
You're not basically renting the car and end up with nothing. You're paying the depreciation value between Sale Price and residual. If you end up buying the car out at the end you still paid that portion. Generally it's not that much more and you have the added security of a lease. (if your car is wrecked etc)

Last edited by dmk08; 08-23-16 at 09:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Stop me!