GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Vsc & vsc off 2001 gs300

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-16, 10:36 AM
5280Lexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vsc & vsc off 2001 gs300

Ok, before everyone yells "SEARCH, NOOB" I have, for hours... and hours... I didn't want to have to make this, but I'm at a total loss.

I got this car 2 weeks ago with these lights on (just these, no CEL, no ABS), found out that this is an error, so I got my codes read at Advanced Auto, Error P0141 (O2 Bank1 Sensor 2) & P1349 (Oil Control Vale and/or Filter)
  1. Changed Both parts and cleaned the filter, cleared the codes, drive 100+miles and checked for codes again (VSC/VSC OFF lights are still on at this point) and there were no trouble codes.
  2. Research further (see below threads) and went to try the bridging method and the 4 connection method, but my ODBII (DLC3) connector is not the same as any of the threads and I cannot find a pin out for the Ts and Cg for a 2001+ GS300.
  3. No blown fuses in the box either.
  4. Left Battery Ground unplugged for 4 hours.
Basically, I just want to know which damn ports to connect so that I can reset these stupid lights, if they come back I can dig into some grounding issues, ABS sensors, etc. I just need to be able to reset these so that I can start component isolation.

Here are some pictures from the threads (rehosted) and my DLC3 Port:

Mine:
Vsc & vsc off 2001 gs300-g9czaru.jpg

Wrong:
Vsc & vsc off 2001 gs300-it7jqxr.png

Wrong:
Name:  V7NqtAR.png
Views: 771
Size:  7.6 KB

Threads Searched (for future seekers of information and some notes/useful bits):
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...c-vsc-off.html

A ton of great info, but almost all of it is not realted to the 2GS300 and the OBDII ports are different.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...d-vsc-off.html

Originally Posted by shadi
Thank god, I found the solution....
The solution is re-programming of the system ABS ( Zero Point Calibration ) .
The solution consists of approximately 15 step .
NOTE:While performing the Zero Point Calibration, do not tilt, move or shake the vehicle.
The vehicle must remain in a stationary condition throughout the entire process.
Be sure to perform the procedure on a level surface with an inclination of less than 1%.
Explanation of symbols:
SST (4-inch wire)
DLC3 (OBD-II connector under the dash)
TS (on the top row,pin number 3)
CG (on the bottom row,pin number 5)
(See picture below) DEAD PICTURE

1. Ensure the shift lever is in the ''P'' range.
2. Turn the ignition switch Off.
3. Using SST 09843--18040, repeat a cycle of short and open between terminals Ts and
CG of DLC3 4 times or more within 8 seconds (refer to the specific vehicle EWD for
TS and CG pin location in the DLC3).
4. Turn the ignition switch ON, do not start.
5. Verify that the VSC indicator light is lit indicating the recorded zero point is erased.
6. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
7. Be sure the terminals Ts and CG of DLC3 are disconnected.
8. Turn the ignition switch ON, do not start.
9. Check that the VSC warning light goes off about 15 seconds after the ignition switch
is turned ON.
10. After ensuring that the VSC warning light remains OFF for 2 seconds, turn the ignition
switch OFF.
11. Connect terminals Ts and CG of DLC3 using SST 09843--18040.
12. Turn the ignition switch ON, do not start.
13. After turning the ignition switch ON, check that the VSC warning light is lit for about
4 seconds and then starts quick blinking at 0.13 second intervals.
14. After ensuring the blinking of the VSC warning light for 2 seconds, turn the ignition
switch OFF.
15. Remove the SST from terminals Ts and CG of DLC3.
16. Drive the vehicle for at least 5 minutes to confirm Zero Point Calibration is complete.
Thank God, experimented with the road and returned the system operates.
If you have any question on the way, I'm reply
Shadi
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-problems.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...vsc-light.html
Originally Posted by 2jzgttegs
This happended to me aslo, If you look under the hood theres a gray diagnostic box. Use a paper clip & jump E1 to Tc then put the keys in the ignition, then turn keys to ACC then step on the brake 5-8 times rapidly and it should come off then beep. After that take the pin out start vehicle & drive it, to make sure everything is back to normal.
Originally Posted by ****-adkt
ABS/VSC Module? the ECU? did you run a Diag? Usually the 2nd Gen ABS/VSC problems have nothing to do with the ECU..I doubt jumping the E1/Tc terminals on port DCL1 will solve your problems..
Originally Posted by bugsys
UPDATE: I jumpered the diagnostics ports, turned the key to the ACC position, and rapidly pumped the brakes until the lights went out. Then the VSC light started flashing while the VSC OFF light remained off. The VSC light flashed 4 times, stopped, then flashed 3 times. It continued this sequence until I turned the key off and disconnected the jumper.

I assume this is flashing an error code at me. Any ideas what this means?
http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums...id-it-2004-gs/
"Fault: "VSC" (Vehicle Stability Control) and "VSC off" warning lights stay on
Car: 2nd Gen Lexus GS430 (UK - right-hand drive vehicle) - 2004 model
How did the fault arise?
Car ran out of fuel a few yards short of a gas station. I put it in neutral and manually pushed it a bit. After filling up and switching on, the warning lights came on, and ever since then, these warning lights have stayed on. They were never there prior to this pushing - 100% certain.
What had I tried to do since?
In the central console (between the front seats) there is a button to switch VSC off. That has no effect at all.
I have tried disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes. On reconnection, the warning lights come back on almost immediately.
And then?
I found the OBD-II connector, because I read that shorting out pins 4 and 14 of this connector might clear the fault. This connector is supposed to be near the boot-release (trunk-release) and eventually I found the discreet little panel.
Then I shorted pins 4 and 14 for 30 seconds as follows:
ignition off
bridge pins 4 and 14
ignition on (did not start the engine)
leave on for 30 seconds
ignition off
remove bridge
And hey presto, VSC and VSC Off lights disappeared."

http://forum.clublexis.com/viewtopic.php?id=10008&p=39

Translated from French via Google, but all pix are dead as hell.

Thank you! I hope some of these links help someone with a similar problem.
Old 08-04-16, 05:42 PM
5280Lexus
Driver School Candidate

While I figured out the problem (Front Right Speed Sensor), this may help someone that has a 2001+ GS pins. Here's the codes, he cleared them and was left with the white screen that wouldn't clear. Apparently the abs code is due to the speed sensor code.

CODES FOR SEARCH:
C0200
C1223

Friends cousin is a Toyota tech with a tech net machine.
Vsc & vsc off 2001 gs300-d3pr9j2.jpg

Vsc & vsc off 2001 gs300-lji4c3r.jpg
Old 01-22-17, 10:12 PM
5280Lexus
Driver School Candidate

Arrow

OK, so far this didn't work for me (faulty ABS sensor I think), but this is how you reset the VSC for Zero Point Calibration on 01-03 GS300 and GS430. You use the DLC1 port in the engine bay.

Goodluck! Post your results too.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
preche.pdf (84.9 KB, 1774 views)