RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Lexus Enform expiration.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-16, 03:31 PM
kymbakitty
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Enform expiration.....

I did a search and couldn't find this subject anywhere--I apologize in advance if I did not go back far enough.

So my year is up in about a month. I have the app where I start my car about 10 minutes before I leave my office and leave the a/c on so when I go to my car, it is pretty much cooled off. Very nice feature.

But that is pretty much all I use it for. I never need to "find my car." And when hubby gets in it to take it somewhere on the rare occasion, I get an email when he opens door. Big deal...I'm the primary driver so that is not a feature I need either.

I was shocked at the $349 price tag for a year of this service, but I was wondering if there are other options. I know this message board is how I found out that NO ONE pays for full price for Sirius radio. I would have never continued this service if I didn't find out about the $26 for 6 months. So I thought I would ask the same about this feature...maybe there is a step down from the $349 if you just want a couple of the features.

I remember that my FOB will start the car remotely....but I don't know if it has the same ability to start the car with the app. I am literally in my office building with the car not even in sight....so it is pretty cool to do this--just not $349 cool. If I do remember how to start my car with the FOB (I'll need to do some research on that because it's been awhile), I will probably need to at least see my vehicle in order for it to work.

Any info would be appreciated....

Thanks....

Dawn
Old 07-26-16, 03:41 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Good luck with the key fob, the range and connection blows
Old 07-26-16, 03:48 PM
Thayios
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me know how the fob connection works, I had a system on my Tundra where you pressed lock three times and was looking for the similar pattern on my new fob but found nothing (luckily I'm in the free year).

$29 a month isn't bad for a full time connection to your car (Cellphone signal required) and I intend on renewing it but there's those few times where I'm out in BFE so having the local fob start would be nice.
Old 07-26-16, 03:56 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Same thing as your tundra but you have to hold the lock tab on the third press until the lights flash

Last edited by ssmoked; 07-26-16 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-26-16, 04:13 PM
Thayios
Rookie

Son of a b...

That's the only combination I didn't try was the long press on third lock.
Old 07-26-16, 04:55 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

The $349.90 is for all the Enform elements included in the original comp trial.
Safety Connect is how you and your phone are connected to Lexus and your
Lexus, Enform Remote Start has what the OP seems to need. Total for those
two is only $249.90/yr. The website doesn't make it clear but if you call the 800
number they will happily waive the extra $100 for the third piece, Enform Destinations
which is the Live Operator + the eDestination feature that transfers your
home/work computer address book to the car.
Old 07-26-16, 04:56 PM
Thayios
Rookie

Originally Posted by mcomer
The $349.90 is for all the Enform elements included in the original comp trial.
Safety Connect is how you and your phone are connected to Lexus and your
Lexus, Enform Remote Start has what the OP seems to need. Total for those
two is only $249.90/yr. The website doesn't make it clear but if you call the 800
number they will happily waive the extra $100 for the third piece, Enform Destinations
which is the Live Operator + the eDestination feature that transfers your
home/work computer address book to the car.
I've been abusing the eDestination service like crazy. They'll even find a business I'm not sure of the name and put it in there for you! heh A+
Old 07-26-16, 10:26 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Unfortunately, when your Enform subscription expires, you will lose the ability to start the car with the fob. Mine has been expired for the past couple months.
Old 07-27-16, 05:52 AM
kymbakitty
Driver

Default Thank you....

Originally Posted by dchar
Unfortunately, when your Enform subscription expires, you will lose the ability to start the car with the fob. Mine has been expired for the past couple months.
Thank you for this information. I wonder how many Lexus reps know this...probably none. But this was the kind of information I was looking for...which is why I came to this board instead of a dealer.

It doesn't sound like a lot of $, but I only use the self start option a couple times a month. I work about 150 feet from my car....ha! It's just not worth it. And I have NEVER used the 1-800 call feature except to call by accident when I first got my car. Absolutely no need. I drive to and from to work.

My goal is to have it paid off this year (I absolutely positively detest car payments). I have balance down to $14k, so I'd rather throw an extra $50 or so a month to balance. Interest is only .9% because I took advantage of Lexus' 36 month special interest offer when we bought it last August. I know most folks that have these models don't have any car payments....but I have maybe another year and a half....hate car payments!!!!

Thanks for information.....

Dawn

Last edited by kymbakitty; 07-27-16 at 05:55 AM.
Old 07-27-16, 06:39 AM
Thayios
Rookie

Originally Posted by dchar
That has to be the stupidest thing I've ever seen.
Old 07-27-16, 08:01 AM
kymbakitty
Driver

Default It may sound stupid....

Originally Posted by Thayios
That has to be the stupidest thing I've ever seen.
But I think it is true....

Seems like there is a pretty short life to this feature once the Lexus Enform has been deactivated. You have to read more than just the first page though....very interesting.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...-with-fob.html
Old 07-27-16, 08:54 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

I looked into aftermarket remote start units and 2 installers said it's very difficult to tap into the Lexus system. So Who want to be the first to install one?
Old 07-27-16, 08:58 AM
Thayios
Rookie

Not me, I'll just renew the subscription lol.

I was already nervous enough putting the intake on yesterday (and LED's coming in tomorrow, I hate those clips)
The following users liked this post:
Jaynight (04-24-18)
Old 07-27-16, 09:22 AM
kymbakitty
Driver

Default I guess it's just not that important....

Originally Posted by ssmoked
I looked into aftermarket remote start units and 2 installers said it's very difficult to tap into the Lexus system. So Who want to be the first to install one?
We won't be tapping into anything either. The only after market thing I did was to add a clear bra to the bumper. I got the fenders (partial) and hood (again, partial) dealer installed. I actually did not realize that the bumper was extra or I would probably have had that done too.

But I just wouldn't use it enough to warrant the subscription. I don't think I would pay anything for it, truth be told. Just not an important feature to turn on a handful of times in the summer month. I work so closely to my car that I could easily walk out to car and start it and return to my desk (20 second walk--seriously--in fact, if I walk about five feet from my chair, I can actually see my car--ha!).

The only reason I continued Sirius subscription is because hubby likes to listen to channel 25 (?) when he gets gas in it for me. And because I seldom get my own gas, I figure I should continue providing him this feature--ha! Even that is just over $4 a month. I listen to audible through my Bluetooth so I don't ever turn the radio on anymore!
Old 07-27-16, 04:12 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by kymbakitty
But I just wouldn't use it enough to warrant the subscription. I don't think I would pay anything for it, truth be told. Just not an important feature to turn on a handful of times in the summer month. I work so closely to my car that I could easily walk out to car and start it and return to my desk (20 second walk--seriously--in fact, if I walk about five feet from my chair, I can actually see my car--ha!).!
If you are that close to your car, use the key fob to start it. Edit: NVM, I didn't realize it required Enform...

As for the subscription... I don't know about you, but I invest about $3k per month into my vehicles (payment, fuel, maintenance, etc...) so $20 per month is peanuts ($20 x 12 = $240 per year).
I use Enform every single day (sometimes 2x), so it's worth it to me anyway. In your situation I would use the key fob to start my car, but I would still probably subscribe to Enform just to see who's doing what with my car when I have to leave it somewhere (valet mode/location finder).

Speaking of which, I need to start my car right now.

Quick Reply: Lexus Enform expiration.....